and out come the wolves [open, sparring]

QUILLSTRIKE

astronaut in the ocean
Aug 7, 2022
08_04_quill-1.png

IF THE POINT'S TO NEVER DISAPOINT YOU, SOMEBODY'S GOT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO

It had only taken most of his sanity, but finally -finally- Quillstrike had been fully cleared for work. Unsurprisingly it’d taken the tomcat all of thirty seconds to disappear from camp entirely, bothering only a few moments to spare an explanation to his mate before he’d gone beelining for the sandy ravine. He was probably out of practice, but that sure as hell wasn't going to stop him. No hunting, no workouts, no sparring- talk about hell on earth. It’d only been in the last week or so that he’d been allowed to start walking around and getting in some light exercise to strengthen his shoulder, and he was all too eager to make up for lost time. ”Anyone want to spar?” he called as he neared, mismatched eyes catching sight of both lone warriors and mentor-apprentice pairs going about their business. He was hoping someone was in need of a partner, or maybe a mentor needing someone to help demonstrate some moves in a fight. He didn’t care, so long as he could walk away at the end with that familiar burn in his muscles.

OOC- anyone wanna spar with this boy?

skyclan - male - 29 months (Feb 17th) - mated to Twitchbolt - a very tall, dark chimera tomcat with mismatched eyes and several scars. has bluejay feathers woven like spikes along his spine and neck.

QUILLSTRIKE-1.png

Reactions: ThistleBack

Folded ears flicked in fear as Quillstrike’s call rang out, and Eggshellbloom quickly sat up to try and appear alert and ready. The two warriors truly couldn’t be further apart. Where the former had a hunger for battle that made him shoot towards the ravine like a squirrel to a tree, the latter hadn’t even come for combat. Eggshell was taking in the sun when the other arrived, excusing the action as ‘learning from watching the others’ even as amber eyes were slowly drifting closed.

Those same eyes were now wide as dinner plates, panically looking around to see who would take up the challenge. The ravine seemed to fall silent, and Eggshell could swear (thanks to his own anxiety) that all sets of eyes were resting squarely on him. With a gulp, the whelp stepped forwards and cleared his throat, looking his fellow warrior in the eyes.

“Um, I’m n-not too good, but - I-I can try, if you want…” Eggshell wanted to rescind his offer as soon as it left his yolk-stained maw, but a small voice kept his lips shut. He may not have liked fighting, but that didn’t give him an excuse to slack off of training. He needed to do this.​

• Love

Oh, ah- a spar! Wasn't the first time he'd seen one of these... no, he'd been in SkyClan for a long while now- longer than he'd ever been in WindClan. On those moors he'd seen blood spraying all about the place in a spar! Beading blood, gnashing teeth it was a lot nicer here. And it meant it was a lot more exciting when someone's head actually did get smashed in... if, rather than when.

Eggshellbloom quivered beneath Quillstrike's tall shadow- sharp teeth glinted in the sun, argent eyes stung with their wideness. Oh, he might have accepted the offer, but this was a lot more fun- oh, some bones would get shattered here if someone wasn't careful! What if Quillstrike pinned him wrong and squashed Eggshellbloom completely flat, flat as a leaf? That'd be a sight- he'd die before he missed it.

So, Mallowlark paved the way for gathering spectators, half-tail twitching eagerly. "Oh, I wanna see this!" Declared brightly, inky paws tapped a song on the earth, inviting her to watch too. Fate would protect them, probably- and anyway, with Dawnglare around no one was all too likely to drop dead.
PENNED BY PIN

The sandy ravine, a place he had spent long hours and days out of the moon with his apprentices. It was the grounds for combat education and the most important place for mentors and apprentices alike. With battle, there was always more to learn. Thistleback, even apprentice-less finds himself at the sidelines observing like a hawk.

Rounding the group, the black white-faced urchin looks between his former apprentice, a warrior grown and forged by his teachings- and Eggshellbloom with searching pale eyes calculating as a warrior does. Outcome, fate and footwork, the dance of battle was a brutal one and unfortunately lead by violent and chaotic intervals, often miscalculated and resulting in error. A spar was like a remedy for the headache of combat hiccups.

“Um, I’m n-not too good, but - I-I can try, if you want…”

The folded-eared warrior was blatant in their anxieties and insecurities. Thistleback padded forth, shoulder to shoulder with the splotched yellow tom who seemed riddled with uncertainty. He leans toward the other’s ear, " you’ve got this one lad, tall boy yeah? , legs like a spider. Get a good hook on one. Don’t go for anything obvious, get creative. " he whispers low to the egg colored warrior. Advice, and the kid looked like he needed a bit of confidence boost. He reached to place a paw briefly to Eggshellbloom’s shoulder with a quick tap of comradery before leveling Quillstrike with a smirk.

" I better see some of the things I taught you or I’ll be taking great offense! " he growled out jokingly to Quill and settled next to Mallowlark to spectate with perked tattered ears. Briefly nodding toward the other in silent greeting.

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty-eight mns. EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Former Lead warrior of Skyclan 12.22.22 - 06.2023
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22
    Father of Coyotecrest, Eveningpaw, Briarpaw, Damsel, Sunflowerpaw, and Rosepaw.
    — mentoring none formerly Snowpath & Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

Last edited:

Quillstrike versus Eggshellbloom? Only Starclan could have put together the funniest possible match-up.

A sneer of amusement crossed through flame-brushed face, as though the rare smile had girded angular features, given him life but had never made him softer or gentler for it. Chrysaliswing was, by no means, a big fan of Quillstrike. However, as a fellow warrior, he had learned to appreciate those that had honed themselves through the great art of combat. Mismatched gaze trained upon the quivering Eggshellbloom and the hardened Quillstrike, one of whom would surely eat the other alive and leave naught but bone, like Chrysaliswing witnessed a mockery of the dance between slavering predator and rushing prey. Yolk-hued newly-made warrior had offered himself to the stand, but would Quillstrike take mercy on him? Sulfuric glare darted on the soot-stained warrior, whom looked as fierce as a wolf of howling battle cry. Hm. Hopefully not. The chimaeric warrior sat down and curled his tail along his paws, as if he were a lark upon its sky-touched perch, watching in great mirth at those that struggled and toiled beneath. At least entertainment still existed in this banal world that he had created for himself.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 27 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.