pafp AND SO THERE I WAS + hunting patrol

ivytwist

YOUR LOCAL FAILWIFE
Mar 21, 2024
MY CERTAINTY IS WILD, WEAVING ✧°.☀ ————————————
Hot greenleaf sun shone through the thick forest canopy and created small spots of grass on the soft grass below. They shimmered and shook as gentle breeze moved through the trunks. A neat lime of cats pushed through the ferns clustered here, a menagerie of pelts catching the sunhigh rays. In the back of the patrol, Ivytwist walked next to the aptly named Orangepaw.

The warrior was continuing her story to the apprentice. "Yeah, so then I told that fox he could eat dung before I scared him from the territory!" A tall tale... kind of. One she isn't proud of, but also one that really couldn't be proven wrong. She had been solo-hunting that day, and a fox did happen upon her. She had hidden so well, though, it had meandered off before it even knew she was there. She had told it to eat dung, but it was after her legs had stopped shaking terribly. No epic battle was had and Ivytwist was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ivytwist looked to the apprentice to see how he'd react. Usually, this story was a crowd pleaser with the younger lot. They themselves dreamed of fighting a fox and winning. She also shifted her vision to warily eye the other warriors in her patrol, hoping they wouldn't catch wise to her light fibbing.
[penned by muddly - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ FOR YOU, I AM A CHILD, BELIEVING

ooc: please wait for @ORANGEPAW. to post! <3​

Reactions: ORANGEPAW.
WE WERE PLAYING IN THE SAND

"woaaaaaaahhhhh!! do you think that i could do that when I'm older? like a proper warrior? do you think I could scare a fox off like that? oh oh, do you think I could be a friend to the fox? that would be cool! I bet you could do that ivytwist! you're awesome that's so awesome!"

he grinned so widely, skipping happily on his paws. he slowed down a bit so that he could look at her with a grin in his face. ivytwist was so cool! he wished he could he could be that cool! he wished he could be that brave! maybe he would be! he hopes he would be!

"can you teach me that? can you teach me how to talk to a fox? I wanna be friends with one!"

he was airheaded enough to believe that maybe he truly could be friends with a fox but if someone told him he couldn't he wouldn't argue about it! he wasn't someone who argued about anything, and he wasn't stupid! he knows that foxes are dangerous but that did not mean that he didn't want to try!

A scoff sounds from behind Ivytwist and Orangepaw. "Don't be a mousebrain!" Mousenose pokes her head through the undergrowth, green eyes narrowing into slits against plush white cheeks. "Foxes are big and scary! They'll eat you up before you can even ask them to share prey!" The longhaired tortoiseshell shakes her messy pelt, and bits of bramble and leaf-debris go flying. She turns her skeptical gaze on Ivytwist. What a story!

"You know, one time I chased a fox by myself," she counters, lifting her chin. "You can ask Sunshinespot, he was there. He cowered the whole time, but nothing scares me!" Except wolves. Don't forget that. She pushes the thought from her head, maintaining her cheeky smile.

• ooc:
  • Mousekit . Mousepaw . Mousenose, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 20 moons old, ages realistically on the 25th.
    — mentored by Silverlightning ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored Sunshinespot
    — thunderclan warrior. sunfreckle x rabbitnose, gen 2.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh messy-furred tortoiseshell with high white and bright green eyes. demanding, exuberant, selfish, sensitive, oblivious, obnoxious.

Palefire couldn't hold back a snort of laughter at Mousenose's prodding, her long tail swaying idly behind her as she walked alongside her clanmates. Sharp blue eyes narrowed intensely on the naive young tom, and a cold smirk slowly tugged at her mouth. "She's right, a fox would much rather have you for dinner than the prey anyways." And I bet the fox would be even less tolerant of these endless questions than I am. She was beginning to feel a migraine coming on after listening to Ivytwist prattle on about her make-believe encounter for the entire patrol, exacerbated by Orangepaw's incessant excitement. Did the pair of them never stop talking? She was mulling over a way to toss them both in the river and be done with it when Mousenouse finally butted in and cut the bragging short.

That relief was didn't last long, however, as her tortoiseshell savior went on to spin a tall tale of her own. The lilac molly rolled her eyes so hard they nearly fell out of her head at the ridiculousness of this entire conversation. "Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if none of you had ever even seen a fox before. You lot must enjoy living in fairytales, because I haven't heard one believable word since we left camp." Stars above, it was just her luck to have been stuck with the group of the most chatty cats in Thunderclan. She released a drawn-out sigh as she pushed past the three of them, pausing only to run her claws down a nearby tree. "Now, could we maybe keep the noise to a minimum? You'll scare all the prey in the forest with your loud, nonsensical stories."

• PALEFIRE she / her, warrior of thunderclan, 16 moons
    lh lilac lynx point w/ low white and blue eyes. tall and slender, fast and agile.
    currently emotionally withdrawn, all opinions are strictly ic and likely spur-of-the-moment.
    single, open to relationships / / mentor to no one // formerly mentored by nightbird
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking.
    penned by limerence@limericks. on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

the moment ivytwist and orangepaw set foot out of the gorse tunnel, leafhusk knew this patrol was doomed. anything she smelled in their was whisked away by her clanmate’s knightly adventures of communicating with a fox of all things. briefly, she looked over her shoulder to see orangepaw’s big eyes shining from enjoyment. if he keeps his mouth open any longer, a bug will fly in, she thinks, but there’s no sour meaning behind her internal, playful banter. he’s fine on his own, although when you put him next to someone who also babbles constantly… it’s a smidge too much.

of course two clanmates she didn’t recall seeing during the wolf patrol, bragged about being around predators… is that cruel to think? very much so, she decides, biting the inside of her cheek to keep from butting in. palefire speaks close to what she’s thinking, and leafhusk exhales a sigh in wordless agreement. "hey… since you guys love to compete so much," she begins, flicking her tail and gazing at the warriors half-lidded, "why don’t you two see who can catch the most prey?" if they want to brag like apprentices, she’ll have them work like them.​