private another time, another life // Robinheart

Magpiepaᴡ

my skins smothering me
Apr 26, 2024
They felt so helpless lately. It was like their emotions were boiling, simmering, and mere seconds from exploding. They tried to throw themselves into their duties to try to distract, to do some good but it only fueled the angry fire that burned in their chest. Magpiepaw wanted to do more, to be more, and yet they felt like a failure. They couldnt help their sister, they couldnt seem to train properly either. They sighed heavily and hung their head low with their frustration fuming. They felt empty without their sister and Frecklepaw didnt seem any better for the most part. Still, there was hope they could get them back and they had to believe in it. But that didnt stop their anger nor their resentful feelings. Everyone left them and they didnt know why. Were they a bad cat? It didnt feel as though they were.

Magpiepaw sighed and shook themselves mentally before heading across camp. They could find solace there surely as the nests needed to be redone anyway with the hopeful return of their clan mates and besides- Robinheart was in there and they wanted to see the warrior.

Robinheart was Troutsnouts best friend, and thusly Magpiepaw saw them as another sibling in the rough of it all. Someone who could understand them and maybe put their worries at ease, but they doubted it heavily. Seemed like all they could think about lately was the missing cats and what could become of Riverclan if they didnt get them back sooner or later. The black and white apprentice trotted across camp a little faster and stopped just outside the entrance of the den.

Hello? Robin?” They called into the den before poking their head through the reeds, and then stepped inside afterwards to look around, “I was wondering if you wanted to hang out? We could- we could clean out the nests and stuff too while im here” They flicked their ears in agitation and huffed slightly, blue gaze flicking downwards for a moment to try to subside the urge to snap. There was no need, it was stupid and they couldn’t just lash out at others for no reason. ​

"Speech"

Don’t Try To Fix Me

Robinheart can in one way or another understand how Magpiepaw is feeling. That need to throw one’s self into work to keep paws busy and mind from wandering too far. The tortoiseshell queen has done so far too many times. Will more than likely continue to do so once her kittens are grown and she is faced with an unwanted freedom.

Without Brookstorm everything feels so lonely. At least the nursery provides her with plenty of distraction.

The queen has finally gotten squirming kits down for a much needed nap when she hears her name being called. Robinheart recognizes the voice to belong to Troutsnout’s sibling. Her heart pangs for the apprentice - grieving the disappearance of brown spotted molly just as much, if not more, than the mottled queen. “Magpiepaw,” Robinheart greets in gentle hum, padding to the nursery entrance and offering them a soft, albeit sad, smile. “My children just went down for a nap so this is actually a perfect time to hang out. There’s plenty of old moss to be cleaned out of the nursery and replaced.”

With a flick of her tail she beckons her pseudo younger sibling in. “How are you holding up?” She adds in hushed voice, brow furrowed ever so slightly as citrine eyes seek out black and white face.
[ penned by kerms ]