private ANYTHING FOR YOU &. falcongaze

DROWSYNOSE

just for your love, give you the world
Jun 10, 2023
STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

honestly, he doesn't even know why he's asking this. more often than not, he is around the nursery now. helping the queens when he can by changing their nests and getting them food– and keeping an eye on scruffykit. poor thing doesn't like much of anyone or anything, snarling and trying to bite anyone that comes too close to him. he's gotten his own fair share of bites from the young kitten but he doesn't mind it all too much. he will make sure that scruffykit knows that not everyone in the world means him harm. drowsynose himself tries to remember that on his own, especially with so much anxiety inside of him. maybe that's why he's doing this. he doesn't want to feel so... useless. part of him will always believe he is– even in doing this he does not ever wish to use his claws to harm anyone and likely will stand by that, but he can at least defend his home. it's the least he can do.

"falcongaze. walk with me?"

he asks his "friend," giving a brief look to him with a small friendly smile that only dissolves into something a lot more filled with love as they leave camp, with no one else around. he gently bumps against his mate with a hum, before pausing in his steps all together.

"after uh... I... after my injury, i never wanted to use my claws ever again. because if... i mean it– the thing that hurt me had claws. real sharp ones a-and i couldn't imagine using that to hurt anyone. so i-i, uhm, told d-duskpool i didn't want to fight. ever. i barely knew the b-basics of it then, but i didn't really m-matter. I've always been better at using my nose. but..."

momentarily he trails off, something deep within him making him close his eyes in thought before he shakes his head.

"i won't ever be as good of a fighter as you or crowsight or anything but if... if it's not too much to ask if you, falc, c-can you teach me how to at least defend others? i never got that far but... I can't be a sitting duck in this clan. not with r-rogues around. not when i need to protect you, too. a-and i'm not saying you n-need protection... just... you deserve someone to have your b-back and I want to be that for you. please."

@falcongaze

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- Walk with me? Falcongaze nearly lets an 'always' slip from his muzzle, and inhales softly as he catches his near mistake. Both paws tread after Drowsynose, and as soon as he was sure both were out of eyesight, leaned in against his mate and hummed quietly. These were the moments he lived for, soft and quiet inbetweens where they could sneak off, just the two of them. His ears perked as his mate began to speak, blue eyes turning towards him.

He knew Drowsynose's avoidance to fighting, of course. Falcongaze had perhaps told him that he didn't mind- he'd be able to bear the brunt of any wound or battle that came their way. He knew he could. "Go ahead." He urged softly in the inbetween, turning to face in him full regard. What did Drowsynose have to say, anyways? Ears perked as he waited, then head tilted. A soft inhale followed, gently surprised by the ask, but the warm smile that found his maw made it genuinely obvious that he didn't mind.

"I can do that. I think it'd be a good idea but... Drowse?" He asked softly. "It may take using your claws. Are you okay with that?" Falcongaze questioned, stepping a hint closer to show that his question wasn't one asked out of offense, but worry instead.
  • "speech"
  • DnLL8mM.png
  • FALCONGAZE 🌧 he/him, warrior of skyclan, sixteen moons.
    LH chocolate lynx point with deep blue eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek down under his jawline. pushes his 'hair' back. very long legged, half oriental moggie.
    mentored by greeneyes / / mentoring radiopaw
    padding after drowsynose / / brother to spottedpaw and sagepaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

"i... don't know. i... I would try and find other ways first but i-if i have to use my claws then I will."

drowsynose twitches his ears before gently mirroring his mate, stepping closer too, as if to show he's not offended. hardly ever is he offended by anything anyone says towards him, espeically when he tends to find truth in it from a personal perspective. whether or not it's actually true or not... who knew. still, he is so grateful for falcongaze. he moves again to lick his cheek, pulling away with a soft smile on his face.

"if using my claws means I get to protect you and everyone else... th-then I'll do it. just... b-be patient with me, okay? I..."

he trails off. stars, what is he doing? is he really willing to learn this for some fantasy of a life he doesn't even know he'll have? even now, he is mates with the cat he's loved all his life and it has to be kept secret. he has to shake his head to get himself out of these thoughts before he just sighs.

"... I should tell you the truth about what happened, shouldn't i? i-i... you just h-have to promise– cross your heart and swear to the stars– that you w-won't tell. or laugh. or... or... try and do anything other than just be here f-for me."

falcongaze deserved that much, didn't he? he can only hope that chi isn't somewhere close and listening. the thought alone makes him visibly shiver, as he instinctively sniffs the air for her scent.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- His answer is almost one that Falcongaze expected, worried blue eyes still searching the other's. His head tilted into the affection offered by the other, his features softening- showing that the action did not go ignored, instead it was cherished in the way it relaxed his sharp edges. Ears perked at his next statement, then he nodded his head gently. "I can be patient." He agreed quietly.

Drowsynose has trailed off- and his vision is searching, looking for the tiny indicators he knows speak anyone's internal monologues out loud. He doesn't have to look too hard, considering his mate was outright about to tell him. Falcongaze's ears perked, chin lifting as he was addressed. "About... what happened?" He questioned quietly- and very quickly realized this was a far more delicate conversation then it was five minutes.

A long breath was inhaled, and he nodded his head. That ever-serious look was in his eyes, but his shoulders were relaxed- showing him as open-natured, but genuine about what he had agreed to. "I won't do anything undue, promise." He murmured, waiting for Drowsynose to tell him what he had been missing.
  • "speech"
  • FALCONGAZE 🌧 he/him, warrior of skyclan, sixteen moons.
    LH chocolate lynx point with deep blue eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek down under his jawline. pushes his 'hair' back. very long legged, half oriental moggie.
    mentored by greeneyes / / mentoring radiopaw
    padding after drowsynose / / brother to spottedpaw and sagepaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.