anything you can do i can do better | swanpaw

Lilybloom has never had an apprentice before. She is both excited and nervous at the mere prospect of it. She's nervous because this is her first time, she no experience in mentoring beyond that of what she has garnered from her own kin or Lakemoon. Still, she hopes she can do well by Swanpaw and teach him all that he needs to be a fine warrior of RiverClan.

Today's training will be fairly informal and will go based on what Swanpaw already knows. Admittedly, Lilybloom did not know the apprentice that well, nor did she know how his training had been going with his previous mentor. He was still young so she imagined his training hadn't progressed too far, but it didn't hurt to know where he was at. After waking him up and waiting for him in camp, Lilybloom quietly led him outside, leading him a short distance before finding a quiet space to sit, gesturing for him to do the same. "So, Swanpaw..." Lilybloom is a bit unsure how to carry herself, but she tries to conduct herself in a friendly and open manner. "What sort of training have you done with previous mentor?"

@.Swanpaw

AIK2115.png
SWANPAW。˚⋆​
And as folks walk by, you see with your eye​
mdog94S.png
Swanpaw couldn't stop thinking about his previous mentor, which isn't really a surprise. He can't stop thinking about a lot of things, it just so happens that his former mentor was his newest branch of thoughts. His former mentor was nothing special, an older tom who just seemed happy he was mentoring someone. Of course, being older meant he wasn't as involved with Swanpaw's training as he should've. His retirement wasn't a surprise, but Swanpaw still missed him. Now he had a new mentor, one he knew nothing about and who, in turn, probably knew nothing about him.

He woke up without complaint even if his eyes fought to stay open and followed Lilybloom dutifully. She seemed intimidating, or Swanpaw was just fearful of most adults in this clan, or both, but he trusts Smokethroat in the assignment of Lilybloom as his mentor and he really, really wants to not be known as the town crier, so the silver tabby holds his head a little higher up as he takes a seat where she gestured. His paws begin to knead the ground on instinct, a self soothing habit he really ought to break soon. Forcing his paws to remain still and for his gaze to stay on Lilybloom and her alone, he tries to think of the answer to her question, to which he comes up incredibly short.

"I-I know how to swim..." Yes, because every other cat in RiverClan does too. He reminds himself. "We didn't get to the other stuff before he retired, sorry."

mdog94S.png
"Hold me" is repeatedly given​
  • ooc -
  • info -
    FfzJR9j.png
    Swanpw riverclan apprentice he/him bisexual npc x npc sibling of bubblepaw penned by catburger

"Don't be sorry!" Lilybloom assured him, flashing him a reassuring smile. Swanpaw seemed a bit nervous, which she supposed was fair given the situation of the two of them being in a new mentorship, but she didn't want him to be. "Swimming is a good start though. Are you quite a strong swimmer?" Whilst she didn't really plan on going swimming today, she was curious to know what his opinion was of his ability. At the very least it would be helpful for when she did breach the topic again. "Would you like to maybe practice how to fish?" She offered. "We don't have to catch anything, but I could show you the best way to hunt by the river if you'd like?"

ePjkrJP.png
SWANPAW。˚⋆​
And as folks walk by, you see with your eye​
mdog94S.png
Despite her reassurance, Swanpaw's nervousness doesn't lessen. He does however smile at the small compliment (he's not sure it was, but he'll take it regardless). He doesn't consider himself a strong swimmer but Swanpaw still knows he's better then some apprentices his age, which isn't really something to show off when the reason many aren't as good as him was because they were driven from their home. Small victories, he tells himself.
"I won't d-drown!" He assures Lilybloom, flashing a nervous grin. "But I also won't win any races" He then finishes with a slightly weaker grin.

At the mention of fishing, Swanpaw perks up a little. Fishing was something he's never really done before with everything going on, so the idea of learning is very alluring. The idea is quickly darkened by the realization that he'd have to go near a river, which was something he feared a little more then he should. He could swim, but that didn't mean he felt completely confident in himself. Life didn't care about confidence though, so he nods and puts on the bravest face he can. "O-Of course!"

mdog94S.png
"Hold me" is repeatedly given​
  • ooc -
  • info -
    FfzJR9j.png
    Swanpw riverclan apprentice he/him bisexual npc x npc sibling of bubblepaw penned by catburger