Apples, and how far from trees | Damsel

Jenessa was bubbling in his memories with a nagging sense of fading. He could hardly remember her voice, can barely recall her laugh but she was a happy woman. Perhaps until the very end, and knowing she was dying barely affected him. He grimaces to himself, rubbing the harsh calluses of his paws together as he considers how he should feel. " Damsel " he whispers his son’s name to himself, tries to imagine a smaller version of the frail boy wondering where his father is. A ball of anger rolls in his gut.

He catches sight of him finally, no doubt having plenty of things to learn and pay attention to. Surely it mad avoiding him easy- but unfortunately, Thistleback hovers around the camp like a hawk. Grey eyes pierce towards the boy, without waver. He pushes off the scaly log and makes his way towards Damsel with a sidle. " why don’t you come with me. I can show you a few places and we can- " he stops a mere tail’s length from the tabby. Honey-olive eyes flare up the memories much easier.

" speak. properly " his soldier tone accompanied by a look over his son. Why did the kid look so fragile, what had the shelter done to him? " Surely you have questions, and so do I. "@DAMSEL

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22
    Father of Coyotepaw, Eveningpaw, Briarpaw, Damsel, Sunflowerpaw, and Rosepaw.
    — mentoring Snowpaw graduate(s) Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

જ➶ The struggle of fitting in is a constant reminder of his state. He hasn't exactly been helping them with any of their work and it isn't because he doesn't want to. It's just hard. He finds himself frustrated with himself. The frequent breaks forcing him to lag behind. Still at least he is trying and maybe one day he will be hunting just like the rest of Skyclan. For now though he sits in the camp, eyes of honey olive resting on nothing in particular. He is for the moment just resting when a voice makes him tense up. With a wince he quickly hides the young tom turns his attention to the man he yelled at not that long ago. Trust is hard to come but it seems at least one of them is trying and that is all that he can ask for. "Sure, I guess." Voice a low murmur as he gets to his paws. Swollen joints shift and rub and his eyes cloud for a moment but he brushes it aside. He is strong.

"Most of my questions were answered before. I know why you left, why you stayed here. Why you just forget about my mother." Till they met that was and he turns his head away from the older man, ready for whatever place he is going to take him.