Glowingpaw.

( all their voices hurt her head )
Apr 10, 2024
THE LIES YOU SUCCUMB TO
BLISSFULLY UNAWARE

glowingpaw & 07 moons & female & she/her & thunderclan apprentice

neon-pink-aesthetic-femme-butterflies-6fisb3ekmznjo601.jpg
Pebblestep is dead.

No matter how much time passes, this fact does not change. In the late hours of the night, Glowingpaw had thought little of it - had been far too worried about hr friend. 'Let the adults deal with it - it's none of my business' she'd thought. Its only later, when she learns how - where - the warrior was found that alarm bells begin to ring. She lies when others casually ask if she'd seen something, heard something - says she was in the apprentices den, fretting over Wrathpaw because he wasn't feeling well.

'I've done something...something terrible...I don't think there's any coming back from it'

She waits until night falls again, until starclans light shines overhead and the soft sounds of sleep reach her ars. But glowingpaw doesn't join them in their rest - can't. Pale pelt brushes against anothers, and she takes comfort in the warmth - however fleeting it is is. " ... Wrathpaw, " voice is faint even to her own ears, eyes unfocussed as she stares blindly at the dens walls. Whatever she says next - whatever she jears - there's no coming back from it, is there?

" that thing you said... you... you didn't really- you can't have... please tell me that I'm wrong, " she whispers, barely more then a breath. She has so few friends - cursed mind echoes. A burden for her parents to bear, she'd only wanted to be useful - to do something to help.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

W E ' L L - A L W A Y S -B E -S O -P E R F E C T L Y- H A P P Y

// @WRATHPAW

*+:。.。 No one he cares about is allowed to know.
And yet, Glowingpaw still asks.

He's still reeling from the shock of her seamless alibi; protecting his location during Pebblesteps' murder without prompt. He wonders about her motivation for doing so, but looking into her pale blue eyes he doubts it's for any reason besides faithful kindness. He isn't sure if he's allowed to accept it - if he even wants to when he knows, in his heart of hearts, that it won't last forever. But here, within the lonesomeness of a crowded apprentice's den, he feels so utterly safe in the arms of someone warm and kind. He presses cheeks hot from ceaseless tears into her soft downy coat, breathing in the scent of a girl he found so inexplicably pretty, his thick bi-colored tail wrapped protectively, clinging to the lifeline he'd been so graciously handed.

All he can think about are those copper eyes.

When she speaks, he's not disturbed. He hasn't slept a wink despite how tired he is, but he keeps his eyes carefully squeezed shut nonetheless. She continues, and he holds his breath. He holds her for a little longer, hunger burning in his stomach as more of his strength is sapped out of him.
How should he reply?
His breath races at the idea of telling the truth, and stutters to a stop when he considers lying.

The pain in her voice encourages him to lie, the agony of the truth in his own head cements the idea. What he'll do if she tells the clan, tells his family leaves his head heavier than if she'd filled his skull with boulders.

"Glowingpaw, please" he chokes out, voice raspy. He lifts his head finally, but can't bring himself to look at her. One brief glimpse at watery blue eyes is enough to leave him stiff, eyes snapping immediately towards the den entrance. "N...not here...c'mon" he meows, weakly rising to his feet. If she doesn't follow, he'll be glad...if she does he...he'll accept his fate. Either way, he already misses her warmth.

• GENERAL:
    Wrathpaw
    DMAB— He/Him
    10 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Brother to Lovelight, Joywing, Laughblossom || Pridepaw, Merrypaw
    Thunderclan — apprentice
    Mentored by Wildheart

COMBAT:
    Physically mediocre | mentally very easy
    Attack in bold #4a59ff
    injuries: None currently , mentally unwell
    "SPEECH"