private AS THE EARTH BURNS TO THE GROUND &. falconpaw

DROWSYNOSE

just for your love, give you the world
Jun 10, 2023
STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

he was supposed to be resting, he knows that much. sit and stay. let your wounds heal. heal. but the sheep have become restless and thus he cannot settle. not when he can hear her whispering so quietly in his ear. you really are a poor excuse for a cat. so easy for the picking. maybe i should just finish the job now. his mind is wandering again, and making things up. get up. he does. he's a little unsteady, and he squints to try and fully correct his vision, even turning his head to the side to try and see better. it only partially works. his nose twitches and he moves to go find falconpaw, gently being sure he doesn't trip over himself on the way. he owes him an apology.

"falconpaw... can we talk? please?"

@falconpaw!

STATUES AND EMPIRES✧°.☀ ————————————
Falconpaw has been deeply concerned about his friend. Friend, a funny term for the very cat who had sought him out to yell at him. Falconpaw hadn't tried to think too hard about Drowsypaw or his state in this entire mess of life, after all, it wasn't going to be wise. Between Drowsypaw, and his mother's injuries, Lupinepaw's worry... he shook it off, in the middle of moving moss around in camp, taking some of the old bedding out of the elder's and medicine's cat's den. (Yes, he knew that Fireflypaw would take care of it eventually, but there was no point in NOT helping.)

Falconpaw's ears twitched, for he heard Drowsy before he scented him. His head lifted, the point's head turning to look towards the darker pelted. "Drowsypaw." He meowed in greeting, standing up. Can we talk? Please? His ears twitched, briefly observing the darker pelted's body. "You shouldn't be up too long. Let's go sit somewhere." Before Drowsypaw could argue, the taller was moving to supper Drowsypaw as they padded to a not-so-public part of camp.

He sat with a brief sigh, blue eyes lifting towards Drowsypaw. "What did you want to talk about?" He asks softly.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ ALL AT YOUR PAWS

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

"n-no i don't need to sit. I'm okay."

he tries to protest it but falconpaw is already walking away. his stomach twisted and he pins his ears before following after the tom to a more secluded part of the camp. he's never been good at lying, either, because as soon as they are there, his legs practically give out beneath him, forcing him to sit. he's so tired that he has little to no choice but to sit. his tail curls around his paws, which gently knead at the ground beneath him in anxiety. he doesn't look at the other apprentice at first. he takes a minute, listening to the distant baaing of the sheep that wish to lull him to sleep but even they can't do that. a breath in, a breath out.

"i... am sorry. for the other day, after my mom got injured. i yelled at you and i shouldn't have. you were just trying to help and i didn't want to take it. I should have said it different or even just accepted your help from the start. so... thank you for trying and sorry for being... rude. you don't deserve that. you've been nothing but kind and a really good friend to me and to lupinepaw, too."

he takes in a deep breath.

"and thank you... for finding me after... that... uhm... after I fell."

Last edited:
STATUES AND EMPIRES✧°.☀ ————————————
A sympathetic smile found Falconpaw's face as Drowsypaw attempted to negotiate not needing to sit. He missed the apprehension leading the other away, shifting as he settled himself. A part of him was appreciative of the fact that Drowsypaw at least took the time to settle down- even if it was a complaint at every step. His ears perked as he waited to hear the other.

And slowly did his chin dip, eyes closed and brows knotting together. Falconpaw almost looked guilty, if that was a good word for it. He considered his words for a long moment before he spoke, tone achingly soft. "I was going to help her one way or another, Drowsypaw." He murmured softly, his paws shifting, as if he could knead the ground. "Though I am... I accept your apology." It wasn't right, and Drowsypaw is right to apologize... but why do I still feel awful he had to?

Falconpaw's ears twitched gently, eyes opening a bit wider. Drowsypaw's thankfulness was not something he expected. "You're welcome." Falconpaw said. A tickle of warmth stretched into a flame within his stomach, and a tiny smile found his face- Falconpaw sat up a bit taller. "I'm glad you're... relatively okay, you know? I was worried." Falconpaw said, that warm smile still on his face as he looked on earnestly.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ ALL AT YOUR PAWS

STILL DON'T KNOW MY NAME

he knows that he would have helped anyways. that's the type of cat falconpaw was. but it didn't make it okay for drowsypaw to snap and yell at him for it. to accuse him of believing him to be weak. he didn't actually think that at all. that was his own personal struggles being projected onto someone who hasn't done anything to deserve it. he only nods when he accepts the apology, but truly he is glad. falconpaw didn't have to accept his apology at all, but he does and that calms his frayed nerves quite a bit.

he twitches his ears when he says that he's welcome, and the smile that accompanies it makes him gasp ever so slightly. his eyes widened, glancing at the sharp ivories tucked behind the smile. his heart rate quickened and he swallowed thickly before returning the smile.

"i... am glad, too. i thought i was gonna die but... i mean it was just a silly accident. I didn't see the thing and next thing I knew..."

he hates lying but he can't tell him the truth. he can't tell anyone the truth. and he's not good at his lies either. he can only hope he's not questioned. not right now, at least.

"your smile is nice... y...you should do that more often. s-smile."