pafp As the sun rises high ƚƚ Cloud watching

Houndshade

Lowering your expectations
May 26, 2024
YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE THE MAN

It was a cloudy day today, littering the ground with pockets of long outstretched shadows. This was a welcomed sight for Houndpaw who loved that middle ground between the fight the sun and the clouds had for the sky. Leaving the ground at a perfectly neutral temperature, whenever it got to warm a cloud would come back and offer reprieve but it was never too cold thanks to the sun peeking through. This was a welcomed reprieve after an early and particularly gruelling morning of training. With a loud yawn and a dramatic sigh Houndpaw throws themself against the soft ground, back against the grass as they gaze up at the currently cloud covered sky. Content with this space that she claimed they rolled to their side, curious gaze searching throughout the camp clearing for someone to share this moment with. They were nothing if not a temptation for slacking off, always actively encouraging it.

The victim of her whims to encourage everyone to take it slow for once was Coltkit today. This was mainly because she didn’t really think that it would take much convincing for him. The kit seemed pretty sleepy most of the time from when she saw him around and it wasn’t like kits actually had any big important things to do apart from some very pressing games to attend to. Besides, Houndpaw had been aware of the incident that involved Coltkit trying to leave camp. She didn’t really get it, why be so pretentious about clan heritage to bully an already upset child? Much less why really care about it enough to be constantly bitter, she loved gossip but the rampant kittypet hatred wouldn't really be something that she considered as gossip. The chocolate smoke sat up momentarily, mainly so she could use their lungs properly to call out his name. “Hey Coltkit! Wanna lay in the sun? There’s some pretty cool clouds out here today” she pats the spot next to her with her tail.

“I bet that I’ll see cooler shapes than you” it’s a childish challenge but who is she to not indulge in some childish whims every now and again? Laying back down once satisfied that he would at least humour them for a moment they gazed back up at the clouds. “That one kind of looks like a leaf” she lifts a limb to point up at the cloud, if you squint anyways it does kind of look like a leaf. It could also look like a fat and short worm.

{ please wait for @COLTKIT }​

I THINK, THEREFORE, I AM