ASTRAL THEATER | jaypaw

Did Orangestar aim to torture him? Was this the mad leader's own method for getting the loud-mouthed tomcat to stay in his place? The half-toned feline could never claim that Orangestar had ever liked him, but to saddle him with an unruly apprentice was some unforeseen, unusual punishment.

Prickles of annoyance shot down Chrysaliswing's spine, and though hackles did not chafe against the springtide air, his irritation had gotten him close enough. The mouth that was so quick to dole out diatribes did not speak this time, keeping his head down as the mentor and apprentice traversed through the woodlands. At least there's some good weather. Whiskers twitched at the prospects of hunting, laid out in front of him like entangling and careening snares, though he did not find himself lost in them this time. Heterochromatic gaze cast a glance back at the white-spotted feline, who was just as petulant and vexing as the last apprentice he had, like the same wheel of fate had been deigned to turn once more. Whatever complaints or insults came from her, he did not let it bother him outwardly. Once the pair arrived at the Tallpine, the longhaired warrior whipped around to face the eager-eyed and nettle-tongued molly, as if he wanted to wipe that fractious and frictioned face of hers off. "We'll be starting with hunting. How would you assume a proper hunter's crouch?" Glare swam in honeyed consternation, as he waited for her to inevitably mess it up.

• @Jaypaw ! sorry it took a bit!
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 24 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.

Orangestar hated her, or she did something wrong. The feline she respected and looked up to, relayed her training on some snide remarking warrior who couldn't even respect others. She's heard rumor seeping through that Honeysplash was pregnant and he refused to take responsibility, and she scoffs at this would be her mentor. Clearly, he was an horrible mentor: as she already succeeded her training in hunting over a moon ago. " Clearly shows you didn't talk to my old mentor, I've already covered this. " Jaypaw would spat hatefully at the tortoiseshell, an forest green gaze formed in daggers at the tom-cat.

Hunting was her specialty, and she even taught Blue the process of an hunting crouch. In a swift moment, the blue marbled tabby in slunk to the ground and replicates a almost flawless hunting crouch. Her tail still to the ground and perfect balance, an killing stare with her body bundled and ready to take a pounce. " Don't bother training me, I can teach myself perfectly well. " Jaypaw hisses, standing straight as her gaze bores into the tom-cat. She would have the spend her last couple moons with this one? " Like I'm going to learn something from someone who just came off probation, much less can't even handle their self-hatred or responsibilities. "

"Fine. You want to train yourself? Go ahead and take the damn warrior's assessment then, since you think you know everything." Quickly did Chrysaliswing feel his temper rise like acerbic bile in smokestack throat, as choleric nature arose from the depths of ashen skin - it was his greatest feat and his grandest detriment. His anger was just as present as his claws, never sheathed for long and always primed to draw blood, whether metaphorical or physical. His ire made him an unpredictable, irascible brimstone, of which no cat dared venture even near enough to singe their paws onto. Even if Jaypaw knew all the steps to a perfect hunter's crouch, even if her old mentor had drilled the proper posture into downy and gossamer fur, Chrysaliswing knew she still had much to learn. Heterochromatiz gaze met the daggered eyes of his new apprentice, who seemed to match him only in the wrath emanating from both bodies. "You know, I don't want to be mentoring you, either. In fact, I would rather take a long walk off a short gorge than have to deal with your attitude." The half-toned tom grumbled, and in his apprentice's resentful gaze did he see himself, a true mirror hos a turbulent adolescence. He hated how much Jaypaw reminded him of herself, so much so that such abhorrence curled inwards like a withering floret, despondent and reverent to the rot inside.

• OOC:
  • eUVAhNL.png
  • —— CHRYSALISWING / He/They / 24 Moons
    —— Warrior of Skyclan / Mentoring n/a
    —— A long-haired tomcat with chimaeric patterning. His left side is fully black and his right side is black splotched with sunset-orange. He has complete heterochromia, with his right eye being a bright green and his left eye being a glowering yellow.
    —— Abrasive, temperamental, and critical. Approach at your own risk and engage at your own cost. Despite this, he is a hard worker and quick to call out what he finds wrong.
    —— Penned by Tempest. Contact on Discord (naruk4mi) for plots and threads.