pafp at least i’ve gotta try [questions]

Stormfeather had returned from the mountains changed, injured in a way that can’t be undone, can’t be fixed by any amount of healing. Berryheart is good at what he does, but even the tortoiseshell tom doesn’t have the ability to restore his sister’s ability to walk. It weighs on him heavily, knowing how much has changed for Stormfeather, but as much as Falconpaw hates to say it, life in ThunderClan has continued on. The perilous journey has become a part of the past now, but the cream tabby tom has to admit that he still lingers on it. He only knows what his mother and sister have told him so far, and more about the struggles that they faced outside of the forest. He knows of Little Wolf’s sacrifice, and Stormfeather’s mauling by a pack of dogs. But he hasn’t heard much of the good parts of the journey—and who better to tell him than his cousin?

"Hey—hey, uh, Stormywing!" He approaches the warrior with a nervous grin, hoping that she won’t ignore him outright. "I just wanted to ask, um, about the journey. I’ve been meaning to ask but I kept being busy every time I got the chance… uh, anyway. Yeah." By the time he feels he’s regained control of his rambling words, the cream tabby has slouched to half his already-short height, shrinking in on himself. Is he being too annoying? He clears his throat, trying to correct his posture and stand up just a bit straighter. "I just wanted to ask you about the journey. Did you do anything cool?" Falconpaw is aware that he sounds like a kit begging to hear a good story, but he has yet to outgrow the piece of his kithood that longed for adventure outside of the clan’s bounds.

// @STORMYWING
[ find me way out there ]

stormbanner.png
☁︎
Her ears prick at the sound of her name, head craning to look at her younger cousin who approaches with an anxious smile. She stares in silence, a casual half-smile resting on her maw as he rambles uncertainly. Her brow begins to tent, slightly amused when he tapers off and shrinks in on himself. Poor tom! She thinks lovingly, sitting her rump on the ground to cock her head at him. When he's finally done talking, she lets out a quick laugh and prods his shoulder with her paw, hoping it comforts him. "Falconpaw, I've got loads of stories. Whaddya want to hear about first? The rockslide? The raging river? Oh! How about when we climbed a cliff?" She could go on and on and on about the journey, and really her cousin is doing her a favor. In her humble opinion, she hasn't talked enough about her awesome experiences! How will tales of her bravery ever be passed down generations if no one starts them?
I WANNA TASTE LOVE AND PAIN ☁︎

Wolfwind is groomin' herself nearby when she catches ear of Falconpaw's slightly stumbled words— questions, more specifically, practically beggin' for a heroic tale, and Stormywing would almost certainly be eatin' that up. Wolfwind would be lyin' if she said she wasn't interested herself. She's heard plenty about the journey, but... It had all been from Nightwing and Flamewhisker. It had all been... sad. In one ear and out the other, when all Wolfwind had wanted to know was what happened to her aunt.

Surely, well over the cusp of a moon, there had to be some fun to be had out there. Something that kept the band of cats together, no matter how gruesome their task had the potential to be. She'd like to hear somethin' good. Somethin' that didn't make her heart sink. " Why don'cha tell us your favorite? " Wolfwind suggests with a duller smile than she means it to be.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! MENTOR 2 EMBERPAW; KIN 2 MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 23 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

Shinepaw owed a lot to the cats who’d gone on the journey. Without them and the cure they’d brought back, the boy would still be stuck in the medicine den, falling further and further behind on his training. Muscles stiffened in temporary panic at the thought; sky-blue eyes gone dull, the only sound from a solar maw being an ever-weakening series of coughs…

The cat shook away the unpleasant hypothetical, trying to focus on keeping up his strength. Shinepaw was batting a leaf between his paws, an effort to work out at least a little bit until Flycatcher took him out next. The anxious apprentice tried to ignore Falconpaw’s questions, and Stormywing’s boasting, but the boy felt himself pulled towards the small crowd.

He didn’t know a lot about the journey beyond its goal. Shinepaw was aware of the death and the pain in a vague sense, but had always tried to shield himself from the gory details. Was that selfish, reaping the rewards of their sacrifices while refusing to hear of their hardship? It only took a few seconds for the anxious cat to start feeling guilty, convincing himself that he owed Stormywing an audience, at the very least.

“How can rocks slide? Aren’t the big ones too heavy?” Shinepaw asked softly, sitting down next to Wolfwind. He didn’t really want to know the answer, acutely aware it would likely fuel his anxieties, but if that sacrifice made one of his saviors feel good about themselves, then so be it.​

✦  .   ˚ .   Stormfeather was not the only one changed by the journey. It felt– it was cruel of him to lean away from one tragedy and into another as if there was anything wrong with their focus being there. Stormfeather was here. That was both a blessing and a pain on its own. ThunderClan could never retrieve his mother's body. He could never mourn the place where she was. Falconpaw wanted to hear about the good. Duskpaw didn't think that such a thing could exist on the trip that killed his mother. Him wanting to learn isn't....good. Approaching them now is his own way of mourning. Processing. Maybe, just maybe, that actually is a good thing.

"Sliding...down? Like the side of a tree when your claws don't catch?" A terrifying thought. Rocks bounding down the side, falling down down down on their heads. Anxiety thrills like Shinepaw himself had taken up a space in the apprentice's chest. Nobody else could manage that much anxiety. "Tell us about that first," he requests, though with a searching flick of his eyes towards Falconpaw.
border2.png

• OOC.
  • ✦  .   ˚ .  DUSKPAW. HE - HIM OR THEY - THEM. APPRENTICE OF THUNDERCLAN, NEARING WARRIORHOOD. PENNED BY REVELATIONS.  ———
    55613602_gyytUHFbTl2Funb.png
    ——  a lanky apprentice with mostly dark brown fur that fades just slightly near the chest, throat, and ears, while the tip of their tail burns with the bright orange tabby flame. his eyes are a deep, rich amber-brown, seeming red, often somewhat critical and cautious but not unkind in expression. he is not terribly tall, but his shoulders are broadening with age and training.
    ✦ BLAZESTAR x LITTLE WOLF. LITTERMATE TO SKYPAW, PART OF HOWLINGFAM. MENTORED BY NIGHTBIRD. DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT HIS SKYCLAN HERITAGE. —
  • "speech"

The older ThunderClanner doesn’t seem to mind his questioning, and even looks pleased to have been asked about her experience. "I wanna hear about the cliff," he replies quickly, a bit too enthusiastically. He thinks himself a good climber, finds himself having fun scaling trees as quickly as possible. He knows Stormywing is also good at climbing—he’s eager to hear how amazing she’d done at climbing a towering cliff. It sounds like the perfect mix of cool and fun, and for a moment he finds himself wishing that he had gone on the journey as well. His sister’s injuries cross his mind, though, and guilt floods him at the idea.

Beside him, more clanmates approach, each of them adding their own comments and questions to the conversation. The rockslide doesn’t sound fun, Falconpaw thinks; it sounds terrifying. Rocks sliding sounds dangerous, as does the raging river that his cousin mentions. But Wolfwind asks Stormywing to tell them her favorite story, while Duskpaw asks about the rockslide specifically. "I mean—yeah, tell us the one you like the most," he says, ears flipping backward nervously. His isn’t the only voice in this conversation; others have their own opinions, as well.
[ find me way out there ]