private AT THE EDGES OF MY FINGERS - gentlestorm

She had excused herself from those speaking around her at the gathering, getting ready to hear what it was the leaders had to say when all five clans would finally arrive. WindClan was late, and she couldn't help but think of the fire that raged over their territory now, wondering if they would be fine and if five clans would come down to four somehow, and though she didn't trust the clan as a whole she couldn't help but hope that they were fine even if they didn't show up to the gathering this moon. Five clans were meant to be within the territories, this she'd known since birth from the stories she was told by queens and elders alike and though she knew many clanmates who would be glad if it was otherwise Moonpaw couldn't help but look up at the stars as she waited for a moment to see if they would say anything.

As usual they were silent, and so Moonpaw would instead look to her fellow medicine cats, and carefully paws would shuffle over to Gentlestorm before the quiet moggie would clear her throat to carefully grab the other's attention. He was daunting, so much larger than her but yet approachable which was probably why he had been chosen to become Berryheart's apprentice in the first place. "Gentlestorm," Quietly she'd speak, hoping that he'd be up for a conversation at this point in time but not wanting to cause the leaders that sit upon the rock near them to pause the gathering if it were to start because of their conversation being so near. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to... but has it been hard? Being made medicine cat so soon?" She didn't know how much training he had received when Berryheart had died, didn't know if it was possible that he had known everything he had to know, but she felt like it couldn't be possible to learn so much in so little time, and so she was curious, and hoped that even though they were in differing clans it would be possible to talk with the other and connect. Though many apprentices and warriors knew the struggle of their mentors going missing or dying there were very little Moonpaw could speak to about this, as there had been no one else within RiverClan to teach her what she didn't know.

• -- @GENTLESTORM
  • 76563872_jZr368yA5Er3eOs.png
    MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png
    SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    speaks softly & often found humming
    12 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently being mentored by none
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics
    peaceful powerplay allowed

esc1s8r.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — The quiet voice of Moonpaw makes him turn his copper gaze in her direction and locks with her golden gaze as she calls his name, he focuses his attention to her "Hello Moonpaw," The greeting is friendly enough though at her question does he blink his eyes and his large paws shuffle, the mass of pale fur draws in a deep breath only to let out a long sigh. Had it been hard being made a medicine cat so soon? His jaw clenches though its not completely visible due to the scruffy fur that surrounded his maw and chin but he parts his mouth after clearing his throat so he may speak "It has been hard without my friend at my side to teach me," He begins to say only to continue, "I hardly knew anything about broken bones or kitting, so many expectant queens... There's still one left but it can be overwhelming. I had to learn by myself and rely on my instinct on what to do," Gentlestorm's posture relaxes knowing that he had been made a medicine cat for the very reason that Thunderclan needed him more than ever now that Berryheart was gone.

"I still have so much to learn... Dawnglare's thankfully helping me to complete my training but..." A frown pulls down at the sides of his mouth and his eyes glaze over with sorrow, he closes them and shakes his head not willing the rest of the words out from his throat. He's afraid to close his eyes nowadays, in fear, that when he wakes and opens his eyes that he'll be decorating a corpse with rosemary once more. Thunderclan has lost so many and the scent of death coiled in his scent glands and had made a home there so that he may never forget it.

2pKSe0G.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 2t95GvC.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    54 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed

She watched his face as soon as the question was asked, trying to find any semblance of fury within it at being asked such a question. When none came and instead it was a clearing of the throat and the answer to the question that she'd asked she looked upon him with slight surprise. It was something so personal that she'd asked of the other and yet he shared, and though she had only known Gentlestorm to be a kinder cat - his name even mirrored that - she had still been surprised that an answer was given.

She listened however to the words that were offered to her and quietly her head nod in return, lost in thought for a moment as she contemplated what to say next. "We've had a lot of queens recently too, and still more to come. I didn't realize how busy it could get in the nursery in newleaf." A small smile would reach her maw then to offer to the other. She'd been born in newleaf, but back then there hadn't been the ripple colony members or the mates that were now together to fill the nursery as it was this season.

When he continued on with speaking, mentioning Dawnglare helping to train him she'd widen her eyes slightly. "I didn't know that was something that could happen, a medicine cat from another clan training another. It must be nice to know you could get that help." She would speak at last, tail wrapping around paws for a moment as she looked at the cats around them before looking back to the other. "Do you think that's something you'd want to do? Train a cat I mean." Idle conversation would be given to the other, curiosity getting the better of her. She knew it was something all medicine cats had to do at some point, and now that she was the sole medicine cat of RiverClan it was something she'd have to do later on down the road but it seemed such a daunting task, so far out of reach but yet inevitable even if she didn't want it to be.

• --
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 76807578_J7HAFb99CicY51c.png
    SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    speaks softly & often found humming
    12 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently being mentored by ravensong
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics
    peaceful powerplay allowed

esc1s8r.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — He's amused by the slight surprise on her face though he only offers a smile knowing that it was a rather personal question but as a medicine cat, he feels there shouldn't be anything to hide from his peers. He'd be more at ease with telling the truth then lying behind a smile and answering the younger molly that he isn't having a hard time especially since Moonpaw had her own mentor missing. Even if it has been hard for him to go on without his mentor, the larger tom didn't see it as something worth keeping a secret and he doesn't think it would be used against him or if he'd be ridiculed for it. Moonpaw mentions how Riverclan has had their own influx of queens and how there's still more to come, a chuckle slips from his throat and he says in return with a quiet hum "Newleaf or just barely before newleaf is the best time to have kittens. It's better for the kittens and clan to have them around there or even greenleaf, it works out for the clan and the kittens since there's plenty of prey to go around." Unless it was Thunderclan and he thinks about the sudden appearance of several orphaned kittens at the border, how they'd get taken in, and it would be more little mouths to feed. They were eating everything out of the territory especially since a lot of the kits were weaned and were already eating prey like any other cat.

"Too many kits is a problem too... I have so many that try getting inside of my den," An amused smile tugs at the sides of his mouth only to angle both of his ears forward to listen to what she says not knowing that a medicine cat from another clan could help another. "It was Berryheart's final wish for me to be trained by Dawnglare, he's the most experienced medicine cat and certainly the oldest. That and Thunderclan has always been a little closer to Skyclan despite the tensions. Dawnglare had even offered to help me in any way when I recieved my cermony. He's capable of being kind even if he's prickly and a little strange." Gentlestorm admits to her with a wave of his paw and focuses once more as she asks another question, his gaze softening as he lets out a sigh, "As in my own apprentice or from another clan?" He tilts his helm to the side for more clarification though his copper gaze lifts to stare at Silverpelt with his whiskers twitching in the slightest, Gentlestorm letting out another quiet hum as he thinks.

"Of course, I'd love to train another cat and teach them everything taught to me by my mentor and what I've learned. So that when my own time comes to join my loved ones in Starclan, Thunderclan will be in good paws, and I will rest easy knowing that I ensured that." His eyes shut briefly as he takes a deep breath and sits there in silence for a heartbeat soon turning his full attention to the pale moggie once more, Gentlestorm wonders if Smokestar would ask help from any of the clans so that Moonpaw would become a fully trained medicine cat that knew how to heal any ailment. "If you meant out of my clan, I'd be more than happy to help where I can. I've gone on the journey and traveled beyond Highstones, I am more than willing to help another clan." His dark honeyed gaze searching hers then dips his head as if to silently say that Moonpaw would have assistance from him if ever needed. His voice having been more quiet when he had said that so he wouldn't get any odd looks from the leaders or deputies that were nearby.

2pKSe0G.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 2t95GvC.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    54 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed

She listened as he spoke, ears pricked with interest as he told the story of why Dawnglare had been there to train him and that it was his previous mentor's dying wish. "I'm sure he's a good mentor too, even with the uh... differences in speech patterns." He was weird, a weird cat that Moonpaw wasn't sure if she'd fully get along with if they were by themselves for whatever reason. She enjoyed SkyClan overall but she wasn't sure how much she would enjoy the company of the odd medicine cat that they had.

He asked a follow up question to her own and she opened her maw to answer before he continued on to answer both versions of the question. She hadn't even thought of herself getting help, still holding out hope that StarClan could be wrong and that Ravensong was just around the corner ready to come home just really slow. She knew deep down that it wasn't going to happen but still she continued to hold out hope. "Mentoring someone seems like... so much. I know it's a necessity no matter what role is filled but it feels so daunting. I'm not sure if I'd feel the same way if I was still training as a warrior though."

Small laugh would leave her then, tail flicking idly behind her for just a moment before she'd look over to the larger feline once more. "You went on the journey right? As a warrior and then came back and became an apprentice again... what was that like? Was it an easy choice?" He seemed to have so much figured out already, and maybe that was simply the age difference between the two and what happens when you grow up.

• --
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS