pafp BABY, COME MAKE ME ALRIGHT [ ❀༉‧₊˚. ] FIRST AID TRAINING

TW: Emetophobia ( In the third paragraph )

Starlingheart has left ShadowClan before. It was nothing new for her to be gone for an extended period of time. But it never gets easier. Her paws leading her away from the camp was never anything but a struggle as her mind races with the endless possibilities. A broken bone, ingested poison, and blood, so much blood, flash through her mind every time she is not there. Another life on her shoulders to weigh her down. "Marblepaw..." she says softly in the early morning light "Soon- soon I will have to- have to g-go with Smogmaw to the moonstone. You'll be- you're to stay here, with the clan." She wishes this had come at a different time, when her apprentice had been further along in her training and Starlingheart could be more confident that if anything were to go wrong then the young she-cat could handle it. With a pang, she thinks about Magpiepaw. He had been so close to becoming a full medicine cat alongside her, if he were still here she could go, go and not worry the way she was now, but as her solitary green eye falls upon her niece, her gaze softens. She would never place blame for inexperience upon the apprentice's shoulders, it fell upon her to teach her after all. "I need- we need to go over some basics. Before I go." She wouldn't be able to teach her how to mend broken bones, or prevent infections, that stuff would have to come slowly, with time. But she could teach her how to stop a cat from bleeding out, how to save a life just long enough for Starlingheart to take over when she returned.

They move to the clearing, within full view of the rest of the clan in case someone else wanted to sit in on the training, if cats were to listen in, she would beckon them closer with her tail. "This knowledge is-is not just for Marblepaw. The rest of you should know this too. In case- in case something were to ever happen..." Stars forbid. "I uhm. You all have probably seen me use cob-cobwebs before. Cobwebs and moss. They can be used to stop bleeding. You press it against the wound and have another cat hold down tight if-if you must." she demonstrates, reaching out and pressing both paws against the cobwebs in front of her. "If the bleeding is still bad you need- you must use marigold on it." There were other herbs that could be used to stop bleeding, but marigold was the most abundant herb in all of ShadowClan, and the most versatile. She pushes the small orange flower closer to her apprentice for her to inspect "Chew it into a pulp and- and put it on the wound then cover it back up with cobwebs okay?" this was a lot of information, she knows, but it is her hope that it sticks, that the instructions were easy enough. Starlingheart would leave her an emergency kit similar to the ones she often left herself with everything she needed bundled neatly inside an ivy leaf. Marblepaw should need not touch anything other than the things she was showing her today. And hopefully, this knowledge would serve her clanmates as well.

"If a cat ingests something that-that they shouldn't while I'm gone" she starts again after a brief pause, squaring her shoulders and her eye fixed on her apprentice "Like uhm if they eat something like berries, or a leaf you don't recognize or they report that they ate some bad prey and their stomachs are suddenly not feeling good, you'll- you'll need to make them throw up" It wasn't pretty, and she hopes her apprentice does not have to employ this lesson in her absence but it had to be taugh, just in case. "I'm sorry Marblepaw, I-I won't lie to you, it is not something I think any cat in their right mind would want to do but- but you have to stick your paw down the sick cats throat. So they- so they throw up whatever bad thing they ate" It was one of the grosser aspects of their job but it had to be done in such cases. "Give them honey and water after-after it is done" she says, voice quieter than before.

"Do you- do you have any questions?"

// Set before Smog leaves for the moonstone! Please wait for @MARBLEPAW
EpC61GT.png

• PSgWDJV.jpeg

• 80989743_Y4EI15MsrzJWZG0.png
    STARLINGHEART SHADOWCLAN MEDICINE CAT; SHE / HER ; SISTER TO PITCHSTAR, CHITTERTONGUE, NIGHTSWARM, SKUNKTAIL, AND LILACFUR. MOTHER TO NETTLEPAW, FLINTWISH AND GHOSTMASK.
    A skinny she cat with short black and white fur littered with scars and one singular green eye.
    Easy in battle + has little to no formal battle training

Starlingheart must leave for the Moonstone with Smogmaw. Her heart is heavy as she thinks about the tabby warrior traveling to Highstones, to touch his nose to the great silver Moonstone, to dream with StarClan, as she has. Chilledstar will never do so again, but he will see them in his dreams, won't he? She supposes that is one mystery she will not learn for many moons. She is not to travel with them, Starlingheart instructs. She is to stay in camp and care for the cats who need immediate tending to. Starlingheart has called her to the clearing, where dawn is fresh and bright against her whiskers, and the other cats draw closer to observe. Her paws prickle, self-conscious to be watched and have to remember things with so many other cats watching.

The first lesson is cobwebs and moss. Marblepaw nods, relief flooding into her eyes. This, she knows. Starlingheart tells her to press cobwebs against the wound and hold it tight to prevent excessive bleeding. "Okay," she mews, dipping her head. Then, she learns something new — marigold. Starlingheart tells her to chew the golden flower into a pulp and apply it to a bleeding wound, then to cover the mixture with cobwebs. She inspects the flower, the roundness of its petals, and nods, a little more hesitantly this time.

Starlingheart moves on, onto something grotesque. Marblepaw screws up her face as her mentor instructs her to stick her paw down a cat's throat to make them throw up. "Isn't there an herb I can give them instead?" She asks, though she's silently resigned herself to sticking paws into mouths for the foreseeable future.

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit . Marblepaw, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 6 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by Starlingheart ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan medicine cat apprentice, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.

Gigglekit's only real interaction with the medical aspect of medicine cats has been one, when she tried honey for the first time, and two, when she'd had her first routine check-up with Starlingheart. She knows she should count herself lucky that she hasn't had to go to the medicine cat's den for much else, and part of that is what draws her closer to Starlingheart's first-aid session - the other part is Marblepaw, who Gigglekit wants nothing more than to support as much as she can now that her cousin is their aunt's apprentice.

"Cobwebs for bleeding... and marigold, sometimes..." Gigglekit murmurs to herself as Starlingheart demonstrates - it'll be good to have at least that much knowledge under her paw for the future, when something might happen if she's out on a patrol. She grimaces when she hears that Marblepaw will have to stick her paw down other cats' throats in order to make them throw up if they need to, and Gigglekit is glad that she won't have to do something like that regularly.

dd7bu7q-b4321200-16fb-4177-91c8-a0b0cd978ca5.gif
.·:*¨༺🕷༻¨*:·. The last time Briarthorn had spoken to Marblepaw, the apprentice had still been nursery-bound, looking up at the warrior with nervous kitten-round eyes. Perched nearby, the raven-furred molly watches with little expression tainting her angular features. Marblepaw’s choice in life was predictable, Briarthorn couldn’t have seen the young girl thriving if they were to have been pushed down the path of warriorhood. Though, half the apprentices these days seemed to have developed a terrible case of lily-liver.
Gigglekit’s muttering nearby earns the kitten a pointed look in her direction. "You won’t have enough room in your brain for herbs and warrior training." While not a chastise so much as a warning, her tongue could be easily confused with its barbed edge. It would be a lie if Briarthorn said she hadn’t entertained the thought of being in Marblepaw’s place once in her life, but it was only natural to envision your future from every aspect. "Too many leaves."

• BRIARTHORN she/her, warrior of shadowclan, 12 moons.
    slender, lean-muscled black she-cat with sharp hazel eyes & large ears.
    daughter of Forestshade && Vulturemask ࿏ sister to Screechpaw && Sweetpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.