Baby, I Love Your Way [Thistleback]

johnny.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

It was roughly noon when Johnny made his way back into camp, jaws bunched with bits of moss, feathers, and other nesting materials that he brought over to group of shelter cats who were trying to scrape together beds to rest in. The group thanked him and offered to repay him, but he was quick to shake off the words with a grin, informing them that this was what clanmates did for each other. He knew the concept of giving without without expecting anything in return was probably a foreign concept to many of the newcomers, but he was confident that with time they'd get the hang of how things worked.

As he walked away from the group and began making his way back toward the camps exit, he went over the mental list of things he still had to do. There were still shelter cats who needed nesting materials, and with new kits in the nursery Orangeblossom would be needing something to keep them from driving her up the wall before her own were born- maybe he could bring them some toys from his twolegs house? He definitely had enough for one or two to go missing without it being a big deal...

The prey pile was the most important thing though. Many of the shelter cats were strays who were able to contribute to keeping it full, but there were just as many who were inexperienced or too young to help- and some that were just too far in shock. And so despite the exhaustion that had sunk beneath his skin and the endless throbbing of his paws from messing with all those cage doors, Johnny dutifully marched toward the camps exit to try his luck at hunting, ignoring the slight limp from the foxbite that was starting to agitate him.

He could deal with it all later, when there was actually time for it.

OOC- feel free to pull rank on his ass and confine him to camp XD @ThistleBack

Last edited:
Muscles coiled and tense, a white splashed neck haloed with black spiked is shaken side to side. Slinging sand and nettles, as he plops down on his side to drag a few breaths into his aching lungs as he returns from a refresher course with Snowpaw. From his spot he finds the koi pelt, materials clamped in his jaws. Distributing them to the bustling confusion of the shelter cats. Metal eyes drop to the man’s wounded leg, an uneven gait surely going sore from the restless work. Healing or not, the movement would eventually tear the dry scabs, reopen the wounds.

With a grunt, he heaves himself to his paws and prowls over the camp clearing with quick long strides until he plants himself in Johnny’s pathway. " that’s enough " his hoarse tone reverberates deep in his chest, " you’re going to stay here for the rest of the day, and if I catch you making nests I’ll break your feet at the wrist" he speaks firmly, his threat thinly veiled with humor and sincerity.

" Come, rest with me. We’ve… done enough for now " he finishes with a tilted wave of his head towards a shady spot among a clover covered patch. Something about soft greens in the shade, felt about as cool as the stones along a river bank.

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22
    Father of Coyotepaw, Eveningpaw, Briarpaw, Damsel, Sunflowerpaw, and Rosepaw.
    — mentoring Snowpaw graduate(s) Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

johnny.png
HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."​

He hadn't been expecting anyone to intercept him on his way out. Everyone else was just as busy or tired as he was, and whatever cats weren't resting or gathering resources to help the newcomers were likely busy catching up with friends and family who'd returned. And so he was genuinely surprised when none other than Thistleback stepped into his path, forcing his tired paws to an immediate stop.

"You like me too much to go breakin' my legs. Who'd have your back on patrols?" came his cheeky response, amber eyes glinting, though he made no actual move to try and challenge the others words. As much as Johnny may enjoy pushing the line, he recognize an order when it was given.

" Come, rest with me. We’ve… done enough for now "

Had they? His gaze followed the inky demons gaze to a patch of clover masked in shade, and he'd be a liar if he said temptation didn't run rampent through him. Not only was this one of the rare instances where he wouldn't mind sitting still for a bit, the oppurtunity to do so with Thistle was a rare one that he didn't really want to pass up. He turned to look back at the camp, momentarily studying the cats there as if the answer would write itself out for him in the dirt, before turning back to the older tom with a smile and nod.

"Fine- but the second you get up to work I'm back on my paws." he warned them, a thinly veiled threat of his own that if Thistle didn't take his own advice and relax that Johnny wouldn't hesitate to break this little deal of theirs. The piebald lead needed to relax just as much as anyone else in the clan, and if nobody else would force it on them then Johnny would.

With that, the patched tabby trotted over to the clover patch -which had basically started calling his name the moment he looked at it- and happily flopped down on his side. The plants and greenery were cool against his aching body, and he couldn't help but let out a content sigh as his overworked muscles relaxed just a bit, happy to no longer be in use. Damn, he hadn't realized how sore he actually was until just then.