baby you got something in your nose &. churro

BAGUETTE.

starstruck with love.
Jun 10, 2022
parts of him don't even remember wondering out of camp. why had he done that? he stumbled most of the way, tripping over things he could barely see, weaving in and out of the tree, through the snow. he should have stayed in camp where it was warm and safe. that's what he should have done. but he didn't, and now he was lost. when he woke up, his eyes snapped open in a panic. he kept opening and closing them, as if somehow that would change the outcome of what had finally happened? his diminishing vision was gone. he could still see light but that was it. other than that... he couldn't see at all. his stomach hurt now, as he wondered around, stressed out while he tried to see. he kept bumping into things, tripping and falling onto his belly with a defeated look twisted on his face.

"i don't even know where i am! why doesssss everything ssssssssmell the sssssssame!? wh-where isssss everyone!? h-hello!? i-i'm sssscared... i wanna go h-home..."

@sheepcurl SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TEEHEE
[ SOMETHING BAD'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO ME ]

Restless, annoyed, the camp is too stuffy, far too stuffy and so when no one was watching she snuck out. Away from the watchful eye of Dawnglare, away from Redstorm, huffing and puffing as she walked. New name or not, she felt dumb with the injuries that had been added upon her skin, as if she were just a kit again. I should have fought harder, but oh! She had been so afraid of dying and when Wolfwind had finally torn away to sprint towards Morningpaw she had swore she was about to meet the Stars.

Everything after that was a blur, the healing process was painful with the risk of infection. At least she has scars now, or whatever.

She scowls before theres a voice that splits the air, fearful and her head jerks up, tugging at the scabs that had formed under her bow. Oh, she recognized that voice... Baguette! "Hey, are you okay, cariño?" she calls back, searching around for his scent trail before she finds it, begins to follow towards him and bursts through the undergrowth with urgency. "Oh, cariño, what happened?" her eyes soften, the poor boy looks distressed as he lays there, tugging at her heartstrings. "Hey, it'll be okay, i'm here." she murmurs gently, thumping the ground softly as she moves closer to his side. She'll attempt to lay her tail across his back, a frown on her face. What was he doing all the way out here?
"speech"​

baguette hadn't been particularly active within the clan. he just felt so down that he couldn't be more useful, so he did his best to avoid tasks... no one forced him to do much. he helped around camp as much as he could, spending so much time with huckleberry and falling deeper into love with the tom than he would admit at this very moment. it would spill over the cauldron's edge eventually, but right now? he didn't worry about that right now. now, he just wanted to go back to camp. he promised the stars that he could do everything he could to be better, to be a strong warrior in spite of his blindness and pave his past within the stars, if it only meant he could find his way home.

his prayers are answered sooner than any other one has, and the sudden soft voice ringing with an accent makes his ears perk up. his head swiveled around franctically, trying to pin point it. this was a lot harder than he thought. he sniffled, leaning into sheepcurl's softened touch... one thing was right. she did have the softness of a sheep.

"i'm sssso sssssorry for being a bother. i don't know why i even left camp. i jussst... needed sssssome air and i fell asssssleep and now i can't... i can't sssee..."

he whined slightly before just bumping his head against sheepcurl's.

"... if... if it'ssss not too much of a hasssssle... c-can you help me back to camp... i have gotten ussssed to having to usssssse my other sssensssssessss and it... i'm sssscared. if... if itssss too much, then itssss okay i can find my way i jusssst... thought maybe..."

he closed his eyes from behind his grown out fur. he didnt know what he thought. if sheepcurl decided to leave him out here... surely a border or hunting patrol would find him. he would understand if it was simply too much.
[ SOMETHING BAD'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO ME ]

"Oh, mi amor, who told you that? You're not a bother." voice laced with worry, she lets him lean in to her. "You're never gonna be a bother, okay?" she ruffles his head fur with slight boiling anger that disperses when he bumps his head against hers. A silly little purr leaves her throat in a soft rumble. "Of course. Don't worry, we'll go back." though she'll never understand what its like to be blind she wants to be of help, tail twitching ever so slightly.

"If you ever want to go out in the future, i'm more than happy to take a walk, cariño!" she trills, rising to her full height before she glances down at him. She's not sure what to say other than i'm sorry and I get it but truly she doesn't get it, never will. "We'll take it slow, okay? Just follow me, I can help point out some familiar scents for you if you ever get lost again!" and even is there weren't any she'd find a solution. Poor Baguette was kind, sweet, she didn't want anything to happen to him and so she vows silently to start racking her brain for any thoughts that may help as she begins to start the long trek back, her tail brushing against his side. "Anything fun happening with you?" a kind purr, small talk.
"speech"​