private BACK 2 BACK // Rainbowpaw

Marigoldpaw’s work was light today, so he finally decides to take the time to check up on Rainbowpaw. It hasn’t been that long since his friend had become an apprentice, but more than anything he’s curious about how he felt leaving the nursery. It was hard for him to do personally, even if the newfound sense of freedom was exhilarating. It was like leaving his family, after all. At least he didn’t have to wait too long to be accompanied by (half of) Sunfreckle’s children, so it wasn’t as stifling as it could have been.

When Marigoldpaw spots their colorful pelt, his expression softens as he leaps over to greet them, a rare genuine smile plastered on his face. “Rainbowpaw! I was looking for you. We haven’t hung out in awhile, if you’re up for it? Assuming Raccoonstripe isn’t pushing you to your limit already,” he jests playfully. Though he does wonder how Rainbowpaw is holding up with him as a mentor…having him as his mentor instead of Oakfang would probably be a mess, he’d assume. But Rainbowpaw isn’t him, so maybe it was a better match than he assumes on the surface.

// OOC : @RAINBOWPAW

Rainbowpaw has had a lot less freedom than he has expected too. Which he supposes is silly, considering he'd sometimes hear apprentices complaining about all their work before he was one himself. Maybe any work just felt like a lot when you were used to doing none.

Weirdly enough, Raccoonstripe hasn't come to bother them today. Not like they're complaining, as they would happily take some free time to lounge around the way he always had, just with a different name this time. Marigoldpaw's approach isn't one he expects. Not like that was a bad thing. A blink in surprise, and then Rainbowpaw is smiling brightly back, tail curling pleasantly around his paws. " You found me! " And they're glad he did. Initially, Rainbowpaw had planned on running to him and their siblings the moment the meeting was over. Raccoonstripe had gotten them sort of off track, though.

The apprentice huffs a laugh. " Ack, I don't know. I might have a busy day of nest - making and moss - collecting ahead of me... " A glance is spared toward the warriors den. " Though actually, I dunno if we're doing anything. So... sure! " If Raccoonstripe scolded them for it later, well... he just wouldn't do it again. Rainbowpaw stands to bump shoulders with the other apprentice. " Raccoonstripe might sneak - attack us, though. He told me so, " they add nonchalantly.
border2.png

• ( I DO, I DO, I DO ) RAINBOWPAW: Sunfreckle xx Rabbitnose. Mentored by Raccoonstripe
    ✦ he / they ; fine with gendered terms ( tom / boy / brother / etc . . . )
    ✦ currently 4 moons old as of 10/11/2023 ; ages every 25

warm - faced and bright - eyed, rainbowkit sports boyish features and an easygoing smile. sports long curling whiskers and a dip of sun - red down the length of their neck. growing into themselves; rainbowpaw is showing signs of growing into an above - average height with a somewhat leggy frame. rainbowpaw is most plainly to be described as kind, his most tangible goals and motives being to make the people around him happy. somewhat aloof when it comes to more complex / outer clan issues. lives in the present first and foremost.
  • this is for cute purposes begone.

• Haha
Reactions: RoseTintedMoon
“I did find you! Go me.” Marigoldpaw puffs up his chest and lifts his chin up before losing his stance giggling. He’s glad that Rainbowpaw doesn’t seem to be in a bad mood at the very least. Becoming an apprentice was a lot different from the small life that is being a kit, and Raccoonstripe was certainly not going to let the chimera off the hook. Hard work indeed, but the pain will be worth it.

Raccoonstripe also hasn’t approached Rainbowpaw yet for any activities, and even though they do show some concern, they ultimately agreeing to join. Even with the threat of a sneak attack, he doesn’t really mind so long as he gets to hang with his friend. “Let’s see how he can handle two of us, then,” Marigoldpaw boasts. He at least has learned some moves from his mentor, so two against one might still lead to them having the upper hand.

As the two of them take a stroll around the camp, he’s quick to pester the other. “So! How are you feeling so far about leaving the nursery? It wasn’t easy for me, leaving you and your siblings behind, but at least now we can sleep next to each other again! Assuming you’re okay with that, obviously.”

Reactions: & RAINBOWPAW
Rainbowpaw lets out a puff of laughter. They are nothing but encouraging, genuinely or not, and their voice is easy as they offer a light, " Go you! " in accordance. Rainbowpaw is hardly the energized sort, but it's easier to match an energy that's already there. It's nice to know that even if his siblings aren't with him, Rainbowpaw has other peers he can look to. A genuine smile is something that Marigoldpaw gets.

Let’s see how he can handle two of us, then. Probably exceedingly easily, but Rainbowpaw plays along anyways, because why would he? " What would I do without you? " he pretends to fawn. Probably... chores. His new life that contained loads more weaving than he'd ever imagined it would. At least he could say for certain he was learning something, even if it wasn't what he had initially expected too. All things considered, it was less work than battling.

Rainbowpaw falls into step alongside his friend. He's content to stay in silence, if that's what they wanted. If they didn't want that, that was fine too. Rainbowpaw pricks an ear at the question, ensuring that Marigoldpaw knew he was indeed listening, even if he didn't look it. It wasn't easy for me, he says, and Rainbowpaw gazes at him from the corner of his eye, recalling when Marigoldpaw had been so anxious to get out of the nursery, fearing he was useless, if he didn't.

" I'm not sure how I feel, " he answers honestly. His thoughts were seldom clear words or feelings. He just kinda... rolled with it. " I mean, I don't hate it. I guess I wish all my siblings could be here to probably not hate it with me, but at least I have Emberpaw. And you, " he adds, tail flicking across Marigoldpaw's side in a friendly gesture.

at least now we can sleep next to each other again! Assuming you’re okay with that, obviously. " 'Course I am, " his tone doesn't betray surprise, but he finds himself blinking for a moment, wondering fleetingly what made Marigoldpaw think he might. " Cats aren't meant to be alone, I don't think. " No one's ever taught him that, but he felt like it was true.

And Marigoldpaw had been left alone once, hadn't he? Rainbowpaw would just have to make sure that didn't happen again. He may not be able to hunt or fight yet, but he could do that. " ...Things will get better, " they say so for the both of them, and for a number of things. Apprenticeship would get easier with time, and the cats who left would be home soon... Everything is fine. " They'll be here soon, and we can all hang out together again. "
border2.png

• OOC: SORRY THIS REPLY IS SO LATE !!
  • ( I DO, I DO, I DO ) RAINBOWPAW: Sunfreckle xx Rabbitnose. Mentored by Raccoonstripe
    ✦ currently 5 moons old as of 11/2/2023 ; ages every 25

warm - faced and bright - eyed, rainbowkit sports boyish features and an easygoing smile. he sports long curling whiskers and a dip of sun - red down the length of their neck. growing into themselves; rainbowpaw is showing signs of growing into an above - average height with a somewhat leggy frame. rainbowpaw is most plainly to be described as kind, his most tangible goals and motives being to make the people around him happy. somewhat aloof when it comes to more complex / outer clan issues. lives in the present first and foremost.

Marigoldpaw is happy that Rainbowpaw plays along with his antics, not used to it. Even if the memories are fading, he knows that his littermates were annoyed by him as much as his birth mother. He tried to tone it down while in the nursery, but it was easier said than done. He was worried that Rainbowpaw would come to find him a nuisance too, but luckily he was proven wrong. It’s nice to just be a kid without worry.

He lights up at the other’s words, even if it was just a joke. His life would probably be pretty boring without Rainbowpaw…he doesn’t even wanna think about it! “Well luckily, I’m not going anywhere, so you won’t ever learn what it’s like without me,” He smirks. He doubts anything will come up that will cause them to be separated for a long period of time. And if it does…well, he’ll cross that bridge when he comes to it, if he comes to it.

The red tom listens readily to his friend, understanding his conflicting thoughts entirely. If he had a sibling close to him, he’d hate to watch them be kept back due to illness. Marigoldpaw’s grin turns warmer as Rainbowpaw both admits his happiness to have him around and also accepts his proposal to put their nests next to each other. “They aren’t, no. So I’m glad I got the clan, and you too.” He bashfully looks down.

“And things will definitely get better! If they don’t, I’ll go complain to StarClan myself,” He jests, though he would be fully willing to give them some choice words if things don’t turn out okay. “But anyways! What are you looking forward to learning the most from your mentor? Mine was happy to teach me how to fight when I said it was what I was interested in. It’s been fun so far, weird as Oakfang is.” He’s still trying to grow accustomed to his odd demeanor.​

I’m glad I've got the clan, and you too. Rainbowpaw maintains a smile and kind eye, even as Marigoldpaw's eyes dip downward. Rainbowpaw found that they were glad for them. They think making sure everyone was taken care of was something they'd always care infinitely more about than fighting, and whatnot. Maybe that made him a softie. That's fine.

And things will definitely get better! If they don’t, I’ll go complain to StarClan myself, Rainbowpaw tilts his head, as if genuinely considering the prospect. " You think Berryheart would pass on a message for us? " He doesn't fully understand how all the StarClan junk worked, but he knew talking to them wasn't as easy as asking the sky what's up. It's a joke— of course. But a part of him wonders what something like that would truly take. If either of them were important enough for StarClan to speak too.

Or maybe it wasn't a matter of importance, but a matter of what they could here. Maybe voices not already held by the stars were difficult to carry. It was a far way away...

Rainbowpaw keeps up with the turn of conversation more easily than he thought he might. Maybe it's all the practice he'd gotten from Emberpaw's jibber - jabber. What are you looking forward to learning the most from your mentor? And their lips thin, because Raccoonstripe had asked him that thing himself, and he'd hadn't an answer. Rainbowpaw parts his jaws, nothing but a drawling, uhh... coming from it for a few moments. " I'm sure Raccoonstripe would teach me... but I don't really know. Wasn't happy when I told him that, either. "

He hadn't thought Marigoldpaw would want to fight. But he guesses he didn't think that of anyone, really. " Whatever I need to learn, I'll learn it, " he'll make it to warriorhood... And then what? It's not exciting to think about. At Marigoldpaw's comment, he quirks a smile. " Oh? What makes him weird, huh? "
border2.png

warm - faced and bright - eyed, rainbowkit sports boyish features and an easygoing smile. he sports long curling whiskers and a dip of sun - red down the length of their neck. growing into themselves; rainbowpaw is showing signs of growing into an above - average height with a somewhat leggy frame. rainbowpaw is most plainly to be described as kind, his most tangible goals and motives being to make the people around him happy. somewhat aloof when it comes to more complex / outer clan issues. lives in the present first and foremost.

Reactions: Marigoldpaw
Marigoldpaw tilts his own head in return. “Does talking to StarClan even work like that? Would be easier if you could just contact them whenever you wanted.” Seems like they’re super cryptic about when they show up, if they do at all. But it’s not like he knows how the system works. He isn’t exactly itching to learn, either. Maybe if he was the ThunderClan leader some day…but he can’t imagine being a medicine cat. Not for him, thank you very much!

Marigoldpaw also understands not knowing what you actually want. While it was clear for him what he wanted to focus on, not everyone has that sudden spark of passion that he got. “I’m glad you think he would teach you, anyways. It’s okay to not know yet, maybe you’ll figure it out as you learn new things.” And as for his own mentor… “How do I even explain? He’s like…super mysterious. I don’t get him at all. He keeps all his thoughts behind a smile, and it’s kinda creepy! To me at least. But he teaches well, so whatever.” Better than getting someone he doesn’t like who ignores what he has to say. His own thoughts are important too, after all.​

" Pretty sure it does, " he says. " They don't chat with ordinary cats, I don't think. " Though who knows. The specifics of who StarClan would and wouldn't talk to certainly weren't in the typical apprentice's cirriculum. It's something be's picked up around camp... Hushed murmurs; prayers sent. " I guess that doesn't mean they won't hear if we ask 'em something though. They just might not answer. " Maybe it'd be too much for them, if anyone could talk to them at any time. " You can talk to 'em for me, when you're leader, " a subtle compliment, split on a lazy grin.

As Marigoldpaw continues, Rainbowpaw merely shrugs. Talking about himself wasn't very exciting, he's infinitely more interested in whatever is going on with Marigoldpaw and his own mentor. Mysterious. "Think he's hiding something? " Rainbowpaw doesn't know the guy well enough for him to accuse, and, well, so whatever, sums up most of Rainbowpaw's thoughts on much of anything succinctly. " Maybe he's withholding a prize... Something he'll spill to you when you beat him in a spar. " The perfect prize to Rainbowpaw would be a juicy squirrel, but Marigoldpaw seems like the type who'd want forbidden warrior information, or whatever.
border2.png

• E08hq9f.png