private Back & forth (Sootstar)

Sprawled out in the sunny open center of camp, Badgermoon rasped his tongue carefully over the Moor Queen's smoky pelt. It had been too long since he had shared tongues with his leader - their duties kept them busy, but he enjoyed her company as a friend and mentor, and had taken the opportunity for some quality time with Sootstar today. The SkyClan battle was only a memory, now, albeit a recent one, and the bicolor tom allowed a quiet, polite purr to rumble from his chest as he worked on a knotted clump of fur on her shoulder. "Not too hot today." he mused in approving tones.

@SOOTSTAR

IMG_0963.png

SOOTSTAR
Sootstar had only momentarily finished grooming down fur that had been poking from Badgermoon’s back. With him being a moor runner she found him to be a lot easier to share-tongues with, there was not nearly as much grit and dirt in his fur as there was when she groomed with her fellow tunnelers.

She resigns to licking her own paws to brush at her own ears, because speaking of grit, she was certain she had grains of sand stuck in them.

”No, not too bad.” She replies, ”Wait until half-moon, by then it’ll be back to scorching heat.” Good for sunning, not so good for working. Suppose a cat had to take their pick of green-leaf or leaf-bare… and even if it was miserable she knew which she’d choose.
IMG_0583.gif

Badgermoon gave a mock groan at her words, rolling onto his other side and watching as she attempted to free her pelt from grit. "Nooo, ma'am, don't tell me things like that, just let me believe it'll be pleasantly warm all year round." he nosed at one of his paws, ferreting out a burr, before continuing in thoughtful tones: "Have we ever tried keeping fresh-kill in the tunnels for when it does get so very hot? Perhaps it would slow down its spoilage. I hate seeing perfectly good prey become crowfood." he didn't know even a fraction as much about tunneling as did the smoke-furred she-cat, of course. "Or would that lure badgers and other nuisances closer...hmm..."