private BADGERMOON ╱ TENETS ´ˎ˗

The weather has afforded them some more time within camp, and with that came the comfort of clanmates he has not felt in some time. Work kept him busy– melancholy, even more so. But as the heat of this season gives way to a violent storm, and the worst of his worries seem cleared, he leans to those around him the way he once had done all those moons ago. He finds Badgermoon, in a period of rest befitting his station, and does not hesitate to approach him. That is odd for him, he knows, yet there is a distinct ease to the way that he sits beside the deputy and joins in his observation. Camp rumbles with life and his kits are as part of that as anything else. So distinctly alive, they remind him — all of them — just what this life they led was for. He glances sidelong at the black and white tom, searching his expression, finding his words.

When he speaks, it is not of Scorchstreak or their shared litter. Instead, Sunstride huffs out a laugh, "I hope Mintshade has not been bothering you too terribly as of late."
border2.png

• ooc: @Badgermoon
  • SUNSTRIDE. named for his coloration and his bold chasing of fate.
    —— cis male, he - him. thirty-eight moons old. lead warrior of windclan + former rogue.
    —— gay, but somewhat closeted. will not be open about his interests.  single, will be so.
    —— seems comparatively stranger than who he was some moons ago, serious and cool.

sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond its borders, with fur that flames red and deepens to a burnt amber with every whorl and stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of him.
  • "speech"

The wind had now become so violent even Badgermoon had to admit it was unpleasant. The black-and-white tomcat had done his best to perform his usual duties before bracing himself against the storm, grateful for the protection of the hollow of their camp. Even still, he could hear the gale roaring along the moor and he watched the gorse bushes tremble with the force of the wind with uneasy yellow eyes. Sunstride's approach, while welcome, was unexpected, and he let a low purr escape his chest as the tawny warrior sat at his side. It had been too long since they'd spoken simply as friends, not within the context of Sootstar's council or on a patrol. How did time get away like that, like water slipping between one's paws? Like a hare down a tunnel?

"Nothing I can't handle." Badgermoon chuckled - half amused, half exasperated - at the thought of the green-eyed she-cat and her evident fondness of prodding at him. "Just look at my apprentices...I've had my share of black cats with attitudes." Firefang, Snakepaw, Mintshade...there was something of a theme there. "What about you, Sunstride? Doing okay with Adderpaw? He seems like a feisty one, that's for sure."