pafp Because you're so pretty || o. Decorating fur

[ ༻❄༺ ] Snowpaw admired Swansong, for the fact that she was so brave to come out to the clan, and the thought of coming out herself still left an anxious feeling that crept through her stomach, clawing like a thorn bush, but Snowpaw wanted to do something special for the molly. The apprentice had found some pale-colored flowers during her patrol today, and had even offered up to Swansong prior paw if she could decorate the newly named warrior's fur. So, when she had spotted the young warrior, her former denmate even if it had only been a short few moons they were still denmates at one point. A glittering look dance in her yellow gaze before she made her way over to the other and gently place the flowers in front of the other.

"I do want to apologize a head of time Swansong, I'm not the best fur decorator, but I'll do my best to make you look even more pretty." she expressed before settling a spot next to the other, reaching for a pale-violet flower and began to tuck it within the long fur of the other attempting to make it as a delicate art as ever. Sometimes, she wondered how others could do this so well with an ease, maybe she'll ask for pointers next time. "Let me know if there's any color you want in particular" she hummed, grabbing another flower to tuck in the newly made warrior's fur.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw She/Her, apprentice of Shadowclan, 8 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

@Swansong !!

⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆  A decoration of flowers is such a lovely kind of celebration, Swansong thinks. New life, rebirth, blooming all across her pelt in gorgeous shades of pastel. It was a wonderful idea; Snowpaw's suggestion had been met with nothing but enthusiasm. Something brightens in their sleepy eyes at the sight of the pale flowers, collected by the apprentice just for her. "Nonsense," they purr in response to the apprentice's self-deprecation. "I'm sure you'll do wonderfully." And they mean it, sentimentality bleeding out from each syllable.

A soft hum greets Snowpaw's prompting. She's gathered quite a perfect arrangement already, pale shades to match their pale pelt. "I am partial to blue and lilac - this one is quite lovely..." They brush a featherlight paw across the violet bloom already woven into their pelt. "Ah - thank you, by the way." Their eyes crinkle with the edges of a smile. "Are you certain you do not want any yourself? I am sure you would look just as beautiful..." If this kind of beauty is not something the apprentice wishes, then they would understand - but how kind to grant it to another. It would be rude of them not to return the offer.

• 65035420_GiaBine7dcKpkS2.png

"SPEECH"
  • SWANSONG ☁︎ she / they, apprentice of shadowclan, thirteen moons.
    a pale, silky-furred cream tabby with droopy blue eyes.
    dreamy and detached, more ghost than cat. known for her perpetual sleepiness.
    halfshade x smogmaw, littermate to applejaw, garlicheart, & ashenfall.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

The method by which a cat seeks to express their own identity doesn't haunt his thoughts in the slightest. Smogmaw cannot think of a more harmless concept when all is said and done. No negative consequences - to his knowledge - stem from the decision to act in accordance with one's idealised image. Only positives abound. For when a cat understands what sort of cat they are, the hard limits imposed by conformity are abolished in no uncertain terms. Smogmaw is therefore only proud for Swansong having reached this conclusion, and how his daughter has embraced the full breadth of her individuality.

It is typical for him to assess things like this from a rigorously clinical standpoint. It borders on compulsion at times, stripping things down to their basic parts and trying to make sense of the equation. What matters most is the comfort Swansong now exudes. One couldn't ask for a better outcome when she was previously so unsure.

The deputy is crossing camp when he notes a placid scene taking place: Snowpaw threads flowers through Swansong's creamy locks, making a wreath out of the latter's pelt as they chatter to each other bemusedly. Snowpaw's movements are caring and delicate, paying proper heed to each flower added with all due care. His daughter certainly seems pleased with the attention she's receiving, and in that moment, he elects to add to the sentiment.

"Looking lovely today, Swansong," he purrs to his kin, all while providing an approving nod in the apprentice's trajectory. "And you're doing a fine job, Snowpaw. In what part of the swamp did you find those flowers? Everywhere I seem to wander, it's all nothing but muck and thorns and brambles."

"You think the flowers might be hiding from you, Smogmaw?" A teasing purr roused from behind the deputy as the rosette padded toward them. It was sweet to see Snowpaw careful in her methods of weaving gentle petals and stems through Swansong's fur. She wouldn't be surprised if the young warrior fell asleep through it, sitting in the sunshine before the next storm cloud rolled through.

"Yeah, Snowpaw if you want any help I can try a paw at it." She might be just as, if not less, experienced with pelt decor. She would certainly try her best, though!
[ i need the clouds to cover me ]

• Angry
Reactions: smogstar

[ ༻❄༺ ] Snowpaw kept at her gentle movements of weaving the petals into Swansong's fur, taking note to the ones the molly had requested with a nod of her head. It was only when Swansong asked if she had been certain that she didn't want her fur decorated that made Snowpaw paused, not because of her own uncertainty but the thought of being considered beautiful. A hum slip from her maw as yellow gaze looked at the petals before her, a distant look in their yellow gaze as they thought for a moment, unsure if they should agree to allowing their fur decorated with pastel petals, but the thought of showing her fur decorated to Thornpaw made a paw twitched a bit. "I think it'll be a wonderful idea, but... Swangsong no one can outshine your beauty, not even I" she said in a compliment tone of her words. Of course, she could think of one but that had been her own opinion.

Smogmaw approached next, asking Snowpaw where she had found the flowers with a hum. "I looked really really hard for them, it wasn't easy but once I found ones that would look amazing on Swansong's fur I was quick to grab them" she said proudly before looking to Lilacfur who also joined into the conversation, finding the lead warrior's teasing comments to Smogmaw amusing, and then she offered to help with decorating Swansong's fur which made her nod "I would love that, would you also wish to have your fur decorated?" she offered to the molly

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw She/Her, apprentice of Shadowclan, 8 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆  Swansong is carefully still as the younger cat weaves petals into locks of fur, mindful not to disrupt her work. There is an air of easy about the warrior, especially as more cats come to join them. She perks up at her father's comment; his approval always brings ease to her heart. "Oh! Thank you..." she murmurs, before tilting her head in thought at the comment of flowers. Lilacfur is quick with a playful retort, and a soft laugh escapes Swansong's throat. "I wouldn't be surprised," teases the deputy's child, ghost of a smile dancing on her maw.

It is quiet and easy, this companionship, yet she has not forgotten her decorator. Pallid eyes glide towards her, focused and assessing. "Ah, have more faith in yourself..." she murmurs, eyes flicking down to the gathered flowers... And quickly snatching up a pale purple bloom. In a moment between the apprentice's clumsy weavings, she leans forward to delicately tuck the flower behind Snowpaw's ear, taking a moment to ensure it is secure. "There...! I think you look lovely, Snowpaw." Their smile stretches a tick wider as they lean back, surveying their work. They would be remiss not to share, and the flower fits her well, they think.

• 81294824_mjXd5ejx6RrZPyn.png
  • SWANSONG ⋆⁺₊ ⁺₊⋆ she / they, warrior of shadowclan, thirteen moons.
    a pale, silky-furred cream tabby with droopy blue eyes.
    dreamy and detached, known for her perpetual sleepiness.
    halfshade x smogmaw, littermate to applejaw, garlicheart, & ashenfall.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited: