behind every sweet smile, there is a sadness | thistleclaw

flowercloud.

skyclans therapist TM
Apr 24, 2023
This can be before the fox attack if you'd like @ThistleBack //

Fluffy clouds were scattered across the sky, a bright sun beaming warm rays down onto the Skyclan camp. The trees were finally almost full of their luscious greenery, and the prey seemed so far, plentiful. It was a beautiful day in her mind.

She needed to take a walk, clear her head, but with the traps, the rogues, she couldn't say aloud that she feared taking a walk by herself. Her bright green eyes would fall upon a black and white lead warrior. She didn't want to bother him, but, perhaps he needed someone to talk to with all the recent happenings, and she wouldn't mind listening to him and getting to know him if he so wished.

"Thistleback!" Flowercloud greeted with a grin as she approached the tom. The fluffy feline would dip her head in a respectful greeting, before continuing. "Would you like to take a walk with me and stretch our legs? If you're busy, that's fine too!" she said, not dropping her gentle smile.

The large amber smoke would make it her mission to try to get to know everyone in the clan one of these days, but with the ever growing clan, it seemed harder to keep up with everyone. Alas, there was plenty of time to do such a thing.

Thistleback had his wrist crooked as he chewed his teeth through the fur in idle groom. Grey eyes staring off into space, mind waged with war. Sitting in the quiet was something you would see the lead warrior do often. Stewing in his thoughts with a scowl, movement in the occasional tail flick or ear mite driven shake of his skull.

The tattered beast is pulled from his daymare by a smiling molly with a gentle greeting and invitation. The black and white thorn bush shifts himself to a stand, " good noon, Flowercloud " he greets, tone like metal nails over gravel . " Still adjusting to Orangeblossom’s routine, but- hardly busy at the moment. Of course, I’d love to walk with you " he rolls his shoulders, needle-like hairs wagging as he makes his way toward the bramble exit carefully.

" beyond my children and my mate, it’s not often I get invited on walks " he chuckles, it was no secret, his clanmates had a respectful distance to him. They knew he’d protect them, fight for them, be there for them- but there was still a fear. Even before he slayed Kuiper.

• MqZ0nzd.png

Thirty-seven moons EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    — Lead warrior of Skyclan since 12.22.22
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22 | polyamorous
    Father of Coyotepaw, Pricklepaw, and Eveningpaw.
    — mentoring Snowpaw graduate(s) Quillstrike
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
    OPEN for Dice battles | 🎲 stine#3004
  • bVBPWus.png

• Love
Reactions: flowercloud.
She couldn't say she wasn't too inviting to everyone. Well, no, she definitely had too much trust of anyone, but in her clan she trusted everyone. Deeds were done for a reason. And he was still here, even as a lead warrior, so for whatever the tom may have done to prevent others from nearing him, was not enough for Blazestar to bat an eye at him.

He was rough looking, scarred, but that didn't mean he didn't earn his scars and have respect for them.

She walked beside him, her tail softly dragging on the dirt beneath their paws, and her ear flicked. "Maybe, it's time for that to change!" she purred, a glimmer in her eyes.

she definitely had the energy and positivity to make some sick, but she had not heard anything against it since her apprenticeship. "Perhaps there's a way to make you're own routine fit with OrangeBlossoms?" she offered, unsure of the current routine. She tried to keep her nose out of anything but her own business. She had her own tasks to focus on, but unfortunately she usually finished them quite quickly.

"It's good, even as a lead warrior with so much to do, to have something you like to do as well!"

A kindness seemed to exude from the molly naturally, a sense of welcome. It was a foreign concept, and something Thistleback often tried to display at times and failed. ’ Maybe it’s time for that to change! ‘ , a faint smile stretches over his muzzle. He nods quietly. " perhaps " man of few words at times.

His bowed knuckles crackle with a few steps, muscles that never untwist push at his skin with an ache. He lets it fester on his nerves with a push of his barbed tongue against a tooth. A mental distraction. " you’re probably right….but I much prefer the moonlight shift, to be quite honest. However, that’s probably what cost me so much time with my kids " he admits with a sigh.

She raises a fair question, what did he like to do. Training his apprentices- sure, but something that wasn’t, work? " All work and no play made Thistleback a dull boy " he jokes. " I find myself content…in the grand scheme of things I suppose " he finishes. Perhaps this molly was too easy to talk to.

" we could walk towards the river, if you’d like. " he offers as they pass the bramble entrance.

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty moons EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22
    Father of Coyotepaw, Eveningpaw, Briarpaw, Damsel, Sunflowerpaw, and Rosepaw.
    — very muscular piebald black and white tom with spiky fur and cold silver-grey eyes.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
  • bVBPWus.png

This conversation right here is proving more and more that Thistleback was not the scary mean old man that some people thought he was. He was worn, tired, and didn't actually have time to do what he liked. He could barely answer what he did like to do in her eyes.

"Alas, all work no play is the difficulty of being a lead warrior, always feeling like you're obligated to busy yourself. I have no kids myself, but I do respect it takes a lot of time to be able to form that connection with them," she said softly, her gaze thoughtful and hoping she worded things correctly. "Perhaps, since they're apprentices, they can join you or even idly talk while you work?"

Another suggestion. She hoped she wasn't being too pushy. Though the moonlight shifts were usually when apprentices would sleep for their own hard work and training during the day. "Hmm.."

"Perhaps.. it is time to find something that can make you happy that isn't working. Some cats like to lay down and just listen, to the wind, to the birds chirping, absorbing their surroundings. Daydreaming, I suppose would be the words to use. Or maybe.. Like picking up a new skill. Swimming, crafting things like flower crowns," she gave a soft chuckle, imagining the warrior weaving flower crowns together.

"The river sounds wonderful," she purred, her tail lifting high as they exited the bramble. "I'm talking your ears off, I'm just trying to help you, and you can always tell me to shut up." A smile to let him know she was joking. "You're much more older and wiser than I so I'm sure you have your own ideas."

" Well " he chuckles but its humor is lacking, a hint of sadness swirling behind tired grey hues. " my little Eve and Coyote, maybe... the rest much prefer their mother or neither of us " he admits, recalling Briarpaw's angry words. Coyotepaw and Eveningpaw were dad's biggest fans, but he did wish he could have them all closer. Too late, cat's in the cradle.

Flowercloud was perceptive, and makes a list of suggestions. She carries on because as it would seem it matters to her. He's touched, it shows in the flash of teeth in a sideways smile. He shakes his head as she says swimming. " I'd sink faster than a rock and the smell of fish will turn my stomach " he says, amused.

Flower crowns, his beloved Deersong was good at that. Making pretty things, " I wish I had the ability to be so delicate " he purrs hoarsely. Clearly enjoying the peaceful share of words.

" no- no you're not. I spent my childhood alone so the sound of someone talking to me is- ... means more than silence " he admits carefully. Stepping with less tension, his spiked hackles dancing on his shoulders lazily. " you would think. However, I must admit. The only thing I've ever done with mindless time is.... chew on sticks and bones " he laughs, it's barritone and husky. " what about you? What do you do in your spare time. My mate likes those flower crown things " he offers.

• — mobile! Sorry for any errors or format damage

• MqZ0nzd.png

forty moons EVENT TRACKER | IMPORTANT INFO
    Devoted to Deersong 9.29.22
    Father of Coyotepaw, Eveningpaw, Briarpaw, Damsel, Sunflowerpaw, and Rosepaw.
    voice & accent
    biography・゚✧
  • bVBPWus.png