Behind the clouds in the sky / chilledstar

. Heathershade .

Angelic -
Oct 20, 2022

Heathershade had her array of flaws, even if she’d never speak of them out loud. Yet, there was one thing the lilac warrior was confident in, and that was her brilliant skill to multitask.
When bears had come crashing, her mentality was shaken, ripped away from yet another home. It was one thing to juggle chores and responsibilities, but doing so with a heavy weight between your shoulder blades was a whole different game.
She sinks to the ground with a huff, paws aching and speckled with marshland, but she was grateful for the moment to eat nonetheless.
The meal between her paws is nothing special, but her time here in Shadowclan had given her the peculiar taste for toads, and they quickly had become her favorite.
The presence of another nearby does not go unnoticed by the warrior, and sunflower optics are quick to flicker upwards, where she spots Chilledstar.
If she was being honest, she cannot recall the last time she had seen the leader take a break, at least not since the bear attack. The two aren’t close, but that does not stop her from lifting a forepaw to wave, hoping to catch their attention.
"Chilledstar! Would you like to share a toad with me? There’s plenty!" despite the echo of their temporary camp, Heathershade tries her best to keep her voice low, not wanting to give the other a scare.

@CHILLEDSTAR.
"Speech."
[ COCOA BUTTER KISSES ]

DON'T YOU GIVE ME UP, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP

the leader didn't have time to rest. they didn't have time to sit and do nothing, because so many were suffering. wounds, bad memories, death. shadowclan could barely catch a break and they certainly couldn't. as they made their way through the tunnel, they paused at the sound of their own name, tail lashing behind them. they gently huffed, walking to the warrior and looking at the prey. they... could use a meal. they didn't know when the last time they sat and enjoyed anything. they're exhausted. with a deepened sigh, they closed their eyes, sitting down and taking a bite before dipping their head in appreciation.

"thank you, heathershade. how are you fairing? i apologize that this isn't the best place to be."

are they actually sorry? no. this was the safest place they could think to go. they didn't need any more deaths.