private BELIEVE IN ANGELS \ fallowpaw

Mar 15, 2024

Thundergleam was certainly still learning Clan customs, catching up to the gaps in knowledge that Father had mysteriously omitted... but she was not so foolish as to be ignorant to Fallowpaw's dislike of her. In time, she was sure the apprentice would warm up to her. When she proved herself as ThunderClan's destined saviour, there would be no other option... but she would like to be on Fallowpaw's good side before any of that happened. And, well- perhaps they could come to an understanding with a bit of conversation? All training was wrapped up for the day, and Thundergleam beelined for Fallowpaw the moment she noticed she was alone- blinking, she gave a silent, smiling greeting.

"You will be a warrior soon," she murmured, her voice slow and tentative. "Does it excite you? I imagine Stormywing will be very proud." Thundergleam was hardly an apprentice in the same way- when she was eventually accepted fully into ThunderClan's ranks, she doubted Stormywing would feel much responsibility for it. Most of the work was Father's, after all. But with Fallowpaw... her skills were crafted by the diligent work of her mentor, and the determination and fierceness that slumbered within.

\ @FALLOWPAW
penned by pin ☾

ˏˋ*⁀➷ Thundergleam has been little more than a burr in Fallowpaw's pelt since the strange outsider arrived in camp. She's like some play-pretend image of what a clan cat should be, spouting her nonsense about destiny and padding after Fallowpaw's mentor like some ditzy, overgrown apprentice. It's uncanny, wrong. And yet - no one calls her bluff. There's murmuring, sure, but little uncertainty as to her belonging. She's allowed to join without hardly having to prove herself, already pre-prepared for clan life. Even Howlingstar herself seems to be perfectly fine with this mockery of a ThunderClanner.

At least Stormywing had the sense to be offput by her - which Thundergleam, naturally, seems unbothered by. "I don't care," snaps Fallowpaw, at the mention of their shared mentor, shooting the other a glare. She looks perfect with her alabastar fur and baby pink eyes. Statuesque, like a vision from a dream. Its lip curls at the sight. "Just means I get to be rid of her." Freedom is the only thing it really wants from warriorhood. Solitude. It considers for a moment, staring Thundergleam down. "And you," it adds, a petty bit of spitefulness. Having to tag along beside a fake apprentice is embarassing to say the least.

...What a pathetic picture the three of them make. A kittypet, a rogue, and some delusional little loner all playing pretend at being ThunderClanners.

• 81827753_leXAOq98Ir3HT2X.png
  • FALLOWPAW ⁀➷ she / it, apprentice of thunderclan, ten moons.
    a scarred, pointed brown and white molly with shaggy fur and golden eyes.
    standoffish and solitary, always seems to have a dark cloud hanging over its head.
    baying hound xx npc, littermate to antlerpaw & doepaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

The waspish reply she earned was expected- or should have been, but Thundergleam foolishly let herself feel a pang of pain at Fallowpaw's tone. Why, she allowed herself to wonder- why? She had been nothing but kind... her whole life, she had trained, trained to be good enough for ThunderClan. To be worthy of her destiny as their saviour.

Father's raspy voice rang in her head, though. It will be difficult for them to believe, said with the certainty of someone who had experienced it himself. It would be difficuly- destiny, true and pure... it was not always a granted thing. It would all arrive eventually, but to seize the best destiny, one had to put in adequate work. And... and she would make peace with Fallowpaw, in time.

Perhaps her faltering had been visible- her smile wobbled for one little moment, but she kept it there- steady, true. And you. It stung, the brush of a nettle, but Thundergleam straightened herself, allowing the unpleasantness to roll from her pelt like dew at dawn. "You may miss it when it has passed," she murmured, a wary little piece of advice. She looked at Fallowpaw, but pale eyes filled with dreams gazed oh-so-slightly through it. "Miss her, I mean. I am sure she will miss you." Thundergleam chuckled a little to herself, tacking on a starry little joke; "Especially since she will then be stuck with me! ♪"
penned by pin ☾

ˏˋ*⁀➷ Fallowpaw catches on the hesitance, just for a moment, and snatches it like loose thread. There, proof that this cat is made of flesh and blood. She is not sculpted of marble - not woven of starlight - no matter how much she may act like it. Satisfaction curls like a snake in her gut, and it is as cruel as it always feels. Thundergleam can be hurt, just like the rest of them.

She eases a bit, in her response. A soft scoff, a level glare. "She can miss me all she wants. I don't make a habit of lookin' back," it replies. It's a truth only made so by the outsider's obliviousness to its kithood. The days of whining about its mama and its home in the fox den are over. All that Fallowpaw has is the now. No looking forward, no looking back. It can't bear either. It does not laugh at the joke - the grating singsonginess makes certain of that - but neither does it bristle. "Don't envy her that," it grumbles simply.

• 81827753_leXAOq98Ir3HT2X.png
  • FALLOWPAW ⁀➷ she / it, apprentice of thunderclan, ten moons.
    a scarred, pointed brown and white molly with shaggy fur and golden eyes.
    standoffish and solitary, always seems to have a dark cloud hanging over its head.
    baying hound xx npc, littermate to antlerpaw & doepaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

I don't make a habit of looking back. Thundergleam could respect it, the resolution of that sentiment, the willpower it took to refuse to look over one's shoulder. Her own life, up until joining ThunderClan, had been a string of long, lonely hours... of star touched conversations, of yearning for Father's approval. Yearning, wanting, for that glimmer of approval he would give her in kindly golden eyes. For that uttering of good. Without him, she would be nowhere at all... no one at all. It was not within Thundergleam to live only in the present... she had to be everywhere, StarClan's vessel of past, present, future.

She looked to it with a rosy glimmer, a pondering look. "It takes a lot of strength to live in the moment." A breezy voice was earnest, and glowed with finality. She swallowed as Fallowpaw spoke a dry agreement to her joke, not laughing but not hissing. Thundergleam scraped her paw along the dirt for a moment, a short burst of breath whispering from pink nostrils. "Well. I shall leave you to yourself now." Thundergleam heaved to her paws, stretching briefly and casting a glance over her shoulder. "It was nice talking." And she meant it, despite it all.
penned by pin ☾

Reactions: FALLOWBITE