private Birds of a feather ✶ Crowsight & Oddgleam

Owlheart

Make me a bird of prey
Feb 11, 2024

Since her talk with her mother she had been mulling over the idea of speaking with Crowsight and Oddgleam over being mates. She knows that Orangestar had told her that she just needs to ask, she understood that she didn’t need to overthink the concept and yet she did anyways. Spending too much time trying to think of when to ask them and where, between patrols and greenleaf showers she hadn’t been able to seize the right opportunity. There was hope that she hadn’t seemed too distant lately but unbeknownst to her she had been quieter than normal when around them, spending her nights worrying about what to even say. Eventually she had grown tired of her own overthinking, if she spent too long stressing over this then she may very well miss the opportunity. Not just in a dramatic way, though the many deaths that have sprung up due to rogues have pushed the thought into her mind. There were also the mundane ways, such as just never finding the right time if she was always going to fret over what possibly could count as the right time.

She stirred awake in their shared nest, curled up against Oddgleam’s side with the feeling of Crowsight’s paw resting on top of her. In this moment, it was easy to pretend that they were in their own little bubble, able to spend a few precious minutes together before the other warriors stirred awake and the dawn patrol left. In this moment she had the decision made for her, taking this moment to clean Oddgleam's fur she trilled in her purrs with the hope to stir both of them awake. “If you're both free later today then I’d like to go flower picking in the afternoon.” Her voice is thick, clearing her throat afterwards as she hadn’t had the experience of the day to warm up to her normal tone. With a small huff she sits up, limbs aching in protest as she leaves the nest to join the rest of the clan in their morning routines.

Owlheart tries to stay focused on her tasks at hand throughout the day but she can’t deny the way her stomach twists in nerves all morning and even as the sun reaches the middle of the sky. The afternoon approached quickly, to both her excitement and dismay. Before she knows it she sits by the camp entrance, waiting for her partners. Beaming in delight as they make their appearance, she leads them to an all too familiar flower patch for the three of them in this forest. A colourful spread of wildflowers greet them and she finds herself looking for what ones best suited each of her partners.

“I’ve been thinking” she began without a real aim, using a claw to delicately cut at a stem. “We all started padding after each other without really knowing how we should go about it. I’ve been really happy with you both, even if I don’t know what I’m doing at times that’s okay, because you’re both in my life and allowing me in yours. I love you both.” She wanted to make it clear that this wasn’t a bad conversation, the last thing the tabby wanted was to make them think she was unhappy at this moment. Despite her nerves her smile never faded, even though it felt like her heart was going to burst from her chest with how viciously it was beating.

Her paws find the need to do something though, so she decides to tug at the petals at the flower she keeps trapped underneath her paw. “I would like to be mates.” It takes a lot of effort to push that out, loud and clear even though she would probably have just whispered it softly moons prior. “I don’t, I uh. I’m not sure if that’s something that either of you are wanting- it’s okay if not- I just wanted to say how I felt.” She worried about the idea of forcing them to say yes, hopefully she wasn’t being too pushy in being so forward. No, they would tell her if she was. She was certain of that at least, that honesty and bluntness that they carried was one of the many reasons why she loved them.

// @ODDGLEAM @CROWSIGHT

Crowsight had been asleep, the day before tiring from training Lionpaw. His apprentice was not horrendous, however he found himself frustrated towards his brother's desire to become just like Blazestar. It was moronic. Lionpaw could never become his father, nor could he become the lion everyone desired of him. Of course, the smoke was less tactful when it came to handling more gentle manners. Moons spent ignoring his younger brother worked against him as well. He didn't quite know his brother well enough other than his insecurities. What Lionpaw loved to eat was a mystery to him. If his brother had a best friend? He was unaware. There was so much he didn't know about the torbie, but he would try his best to support them. However, that was for another time.

He stirs from slumber at the sound of melodious trills. My star, you sound lovely as always. Before he yawns, the black smoke squeezes his partners lightly. With a craned neck, he looks upon Owlheart as if she were the only thing in the world. Pure adoration oozing from his smile. As she cleans Oddgleam's fur, he can't help himself from purring at such a lovely sight. His heart swells, greedily burning the image of his two loves into the crevices of his brain. A whine leaves his maw when she leaves. It is typical between them now.

To think that Crowsight would be the most greedy out of the three of them. And this was saying a lot considering Oddgleam was gluttonous as well. By all accounts it was shocking how the two toms were able to separate themselves from each other, as well as share their love towards Owlheart. Well… They shared sometimes, other times poor Owlheart was fending the two most clingy toms away from her. Sometimes she was amused and allowed the pair to try and swoon her in new ways, as if they hadn't stolen her heart already. Hopeless they all were.

Am I free today? Let's see… Silversmoke hasn't asked to spend time with me. I don't have any spars with the other warriors that I can think of? Lionpaw was given today off. Patrols I could go on one, but do I want to for today? Well… It's not like I'm given a choice am I? With a huff he moves his arm away from Oddgleam, not before nuzzling his head against the calicos. "I love you. If you have time in the afternoon, I'll see you with our star. If not, then we'll bring you the most spectacular flowers." He leaves Oddgleam with a parting gift in the form of a kiss.

The warrior found himself on a patrol to survey their borders. However, his mind drifts. It drifts to when Oddgleam nearly gave him a heart attack by bringing up wanting kits after Crowsight voiced his opinion of them. Lionpaw had asked about them as well. Kits… He knew he didn't want them, not yet that is. The three of them were young, but he couldn't speak for any of his loves. He could only speak for himself, his truth. The truth being: he didn't feel like it was time yet. He still needed some growing up to do, but if they were patient… He would want kits with the two cats he loved most in the world.

Family. It weighs on his mind heavily now. With what happened with Skyclaw, his younger siblings, his littermates, his step siblings, the conversation with his mother, and now the idea of starting one with Owlheart and Oddgleam. Things were not well between him and a majority of his family, however he made it clear of his goals. It was not to erase his faults. He wouldn't ask for forgiveness nor would he demand it. If they accepted him then that was good and if they didn't that was good as well.

What mattered more to him… The realization that struck him days before was this: the only acceptance he needed was from himself. And with that… He looked at his relationship with his two loves and how they supported him. Then, he imagined another cat and was sickened by the thought. Yes, Owlheart and Oddgleam stole his heart and he would want no others to take it. A family with Owlheart and Oddgleam? He wanted it. His dreams now teased him with the sweetest of fruits. The sight of small squirming bundles brought nothing but warmth. The color of their pelts is a mystery to him, yet he knew that those were their kits. Someday.

Duties complete, he enters camp. With a slight turn of his head, he sees Owlheart and makes his way towards her. Oddgleam had time as well, a pleased trill leaves his throat. Hazel meets copper, "You've made it my love." Not much is said from that point onwards, Crowsight wrapping his tail with Owlheart's as they depart camp for a short while. She has led them to a beautiful flower patch, with an array of flowers.

An ear flicks at the serious tone of her voice, his attention? It is solely on her. As if she could sense his apprehension, she quells it. Though, the black smoke can't help but raise a brow in confusion.

"I would like to be mates."

Mates. She wanted to be mates with them. Perhaps it didn't assuage her fears when she was met with silence from him and a stoic expression. The reality was that he was still gathering words for his response. His heart practically soared the moment she spoke of her desire. His desire was similar, mayhaps a bit more extreme and he would place blame on Oddgleam for that. What I want is this. "I want to be mates with both of you." There is no room for anyone to speak as Crowsight tacks on, "My heart belongs to both of you. There is no one else I'd want to be mates with. Someday, I'd like to have a family with you two. If we're all okay with it. If not, that's okay. I would want nothing more than to spend my life with the sun and star."

Waking from his slumber, curled up against his two partners enjoying the little bubble of heaven they brought. Feeling a tongue drag across his coat, all while heavenly thrills caused him to let out a squeak. Cracking an eye open, to gaze up at Owlheart with a soft huff and a smile to grow across his maw. Pretty... He lifts his head from its place on his forepaws, to let out a yawn escape his jaws. Ears swivel to Crowsight’s whine, he lets out a hum at his partner’s question about being free for today. He watches Owlheart leave the nest, with a small whine leaving him. Hmm. I wasn’t assigned to a patrol for today and I don’t have any spars to do, not that I know of.. Guess, I am free. He tilts his head to the side, as he lets the black smoke nuzzle him. He leans into the touch with a gentle purr. "I love you too darling. And don’t worry, I’m free this afternoon." He lets out a giggle that leaves his lips, at the thought of his partners bringing him flowers if he wasn’t free. He hums as he watches Crowsight leave the nest, the calico himself just lets his eyes close shut to get a few minutes of rest.

When the sun reaches the middle of the sky, the warrior finds himself gliding across camp to meet up with his partners to go flower picking. He was excited to go flower picking, it’s been a long while since he last did it. His mind then creeps to the conversion, he had asked both Owlheart and Crowsight in private, their opinions on having kits. Owlheart and Crowsight voicing their thoughts. Both of them said that they wanted to wait, all three of them had growing up to do.

Of course, he agreed with them. They were all young, there wasn’t any rush on having kits now. It was the truth. Someday, he does want to have kittens one day. Start his own family with the two cats who he loves with all his heart. His dreams teased him with small bundles squirming near his side, it had brought nothing but overwhelming adoration. Their coat colors were a mystery to him, but that’s all right. They undoubtedly were their kits.

Oddgleam bounds up towards his red partner with a thrill and a smile. Head turning as he spots Crowsight approach the two. "Of course I have darling." He coos, following after the two grazing his pelt with Owlheart’s as they depart from camp. They make it to the familiar flower patch, he hums at the vast array.

The feathered tom flicks an ear toward Owlheart’s tone, as she speaks on them all padding after each other. She had his full attention, as she spoke.

"I would like to be mates."

His eyes widened at what he heard. Mates. She wanted to be mates with them. His heart was beating, feeling like it would burst out of his chest in the most gruesome way possible. He honestly wouldn’t mind if that happened if it was Owlheart. His tail twitched from its place when she spoke of her desire. Oh, how he was the same. I want this, I want this. The tips of his ears warmed as Crowsight spoke first, on agreeing to be mates with them both. "I want to be mates with the both of you." His silken voice rose to agree. "My heart belongs to the both of you, I want to spend the rest of my days curled up against you two. Someday, I would like to start up our own little family with you two. I don't mind that if it’s not appealing to have kits. All I want is to spend the rest of my days with my doe and darling."
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • 1a1e4325bc0a9b8c18aa8a0378a5e293e5cfb5cb.pnj
  • ( bad attitude, actin real goofy ) ˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖ ODDGLEAM. ╱ skyclan warrior.
    non-binary ; HE / THEY, fine with gendered terms. ; 15 MOONS & AGES EVERY 7TH.
    bi-pan / polyamorous / padding after crowsight & owlheart
    pretty, long-legged medium furred sliver-cream calico with copper eyes.
    battle notesthoughts ; "Speech, ac7d88" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like caramel frappe & chilled stone
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone