bite my tongue || catch

LYNXTOOTH.

father, savior
Dec 18, 2022
he stares, amber eyes wide then narrow, unfeeling. his voice bites through the cold — "excuse me." — the words are not said kindly. polite, perhaps, but underscored with irritation. with a "what are you even doing."

the clanmate, after all, had bumped into him. he cocks an eyebrow, waits for their response, then returns his gaze to his catch.

his catch, knocked to the ground with a thump. his leaf-bare catch. of course he is proud. of course the disturbance feels almost insulting; no one catches a damn thing these days and here he is, bitter provider.

this season has been rather depressing. some sickly little thing had died the other day, poor moonshadow's son proven too weak for this star-blessed militant clan — could not survive even one leaf-bare. thank starclan lynxtooth must not face that embarassment, at least. his children are strong.

the rabbit at his paws is not plump, but it will feed a cat or two and for that he is proud. frigid wind ruffles his ginger mane, and lynxtooth picks it back up and stalks toward the kill pile, drops it there for all to see.

tags.

The large tom bumps into him on his bad side. Not very smart, these WindClanners, facing Maggotcrawl's scars as they neared him. The collision is the first time he's made aware the warrior was even nearby.

The sudden force is filled with a short 'excuse me.' One that almost sounds to him like he's the one that ran into Maggotcrawl. Not the other way around - something that was bound to happen while hidden on the snow-furred tom's blind side.

"Why don't you watch where you're going," he shoots back with a grunt, messy fur spiking further as he turns to look at the fire-furred Lynxtooth. One of the moor-dwellers. "Then you can be excused."

Then, he sees it. The rabbit between Lynxtooth's jaws. A meal fit for rogues like him. A meal fit to keep Sootstar's army of rogues strong above sickly kits.

Lynxtooth drops it in the dwindling pile, but it's Maggotcrawl that stalks forward behind him to closer inspect the rabbit. Perfect. He can share it amongst the rogues, if he's quick enough to grab it before the weak moor-dwellers try to snatch it out of his paws.

"I'll be taking this," he announces with a flick of the tail, before leaning forward to retrieve it.

Last edited:
anger flares. amber eyes blaze—stars, the disrespect is annoying. he scoffs lightly at the attempt at a comeback. saving face, it would seem—well, saving as much face as the tom can. that ship has certainly sailed, lyxtooth thinks, eyeing the scars.

anyway.

he is one of many still frustrated with sootstar's welcome of these rogues—they are like him and they are loyal, but they seem to have no capacity for respect and it drives him mad.

"oh, so the fact that i caught this doesn't mean anything," he mutters, more to himself than anything. he rolls his eyes, lets it go. it is what it is. his clanmates know his strength, his proficience. sootstar knows. he has nothing to prove.

eyebrows raise as maggotcrawl snatches the rabbit away, slinking like a scolded child—lynxtooth finds himself laughing a little. "poor thing, too hungry to leave it for the kittens. i did imagine you rogues would be stronger than our two-moon-olds."

laughable display. if maggotcrawl wants the rabbit then lynxtooth won't stop him. he chuckles. "go on, take the rabbit, i'll let you be. perhaps we can go hunting later, unless you've the skills of a two-moon-old as well as the mettle."

a challenge, yes, but a genuine offer too. he's been aching for a little competition and maybe this can provide it.

. tags.

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
Clumps of bracken fall from Sootstar's maw, apprentice's eagerly grabbing the plant before beginning to weave them into the gorse wall. Their mentors had instructed that they should patch up the walls gaps as the queens and few elders WindClan had were complaining about the chill, Sootstar agrees that if they tackle the gaps they should be better protected from bitter winds.

Leaving them to it she turns to find two of her warriors fighting, Lynxtooth and former rogue Maggotcrawl. What they were bickering about she can't for sure tell, but she reckons it likely has to do with the prey now in Maggotcrawl's grasp. "You both bicker like adolescent boys." It's a scold but by no means does she make any demands for the two to cease. She was their leader not their mother, unless it was at a time and place it reflected poorly on her she wasn't about to teach these toms how to behave.

Sootstar is weary about the potential of the children not eating yet, so the only thing she orders to Maggotcrawl is "At least spare the hindquarters while you eat. The children need their fill." Or they'd grow sick and die like Wisteriapaw had, Sootstar could not have that.

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw
╰ ‣ mentor to Sootpaw & Coyotepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

↞ RACE THE WINDS
"If nothing remains then I'll go hunt another. At least I'll make sure that the youngsters are fed." Galeforce remarked as he strolled by the others, his eyes forward and focused on the path ahead. He'd rather not look at them if he could help it, so it paid to train his thoughts on a task based around hunting. However, he wouldn't lie, he didn't like the fact that they all seemed so willing to let Maggotcrawl have the rabbit first. If it had been up to him he would have cuffed the ruffian around the ears and taken the rabbit back.

Lynxtooth acts like a child, seeks out praise as if he's one of the moor-dwellers' apprentices catching his first bit of prey. Sad, really. He blinks, turns to look at the older warrior.

"Good job catching your first rabbit, Lynxpaw," he flicks his tail at him, before turning back to retrieve the rabbit. And, oh, the moor-dweller just doesn't know how to shut up, does he? Such a sniveling thing, for his age.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Lynxpaw, but your leader brought us here to keep your clan looking strong. Surely the rogues should be fed first to be kept strong, since, well... look at the state of you lot." Sickness everywhere, kits in the trenches of battle, death waiting at the edge of the moorlands. A disaster, WindClan was. How these other clans can take them seriously, he doesn't know.

And, Maggotcrawl can hunt, but why do spend his strength trying to keep the dwellers strength up? A lost cause, them.

The blue bug appears and chastises them for their bickering. Maggotcrawl lets out a snort. If it weren't for Lynxtooth's sorry ego, she wouldn't have a word to say. But, oh, the children. The children need food first. Such a big deal, they make out of it. Maggotcrawl was never nearly the first fed growing up, and he turned out just fine.

Whiny attitudes cease his hunger. Annoying, the lot of them. The white tom shoves the rabbit back in the pile.

"They can have it. I don't want it anyway."

He'll find something better to eat.

Last edited: