NETTLEPAW ♂
RIVERCLAN
APPRENTICE
FOUR MOONS
BLIND IN BOTH EYES
BIOGRAPHY AND TAGS
APPRENTICED TO PIKESPLASH
PLAYED BY SHEOGORATH

His paws still tingled with numbness. The cold wind of leaf-bare spared the youth no mercy, but within the shelter of the medicine den, he's finally starting to feel heat again. His fur is ruffled and tangled, groomed backwards, but it served a valuable purpose in warming the tom. At least he wouldn't be getting sick from this, it seemed. Though Nettlepaw had spent hours shivering in some desperate attempt to fight off the cold, he at least hadn't developed signs of a cough or fever. It had been a close call, and the next time he's caught in a freezing rain storm, he knows he might not be so lucky.

For now, Nettlepaw simply rests, glad to finally start regaining feeling in his limbs. The frigid season of leaf-bare was only just beginning. It would get worse. Colder. He'd have to learn to adapt, whether he liked it or not. Nettlepaw stretches within his nest, before tired eyes fall shut at last.

@PIKESPLASH

Despite the awkwardness of what happened not too long ago he has to check on Nettlepaw. He can't ignore the tom. It would be easier if I wasn't his mentor. The days have been becoming cooler and it wasn't exactly a surprise when more cats winded up sick. It's also for that reason why litters during winter along with food being more scarce was looked down upon. Well, there was a number of factors but the point was that he wouldn't be surprised if he or Nettlepaw ended up catching a cold. Especially on the days it rained. If one got caught in the rain it would be difficult to dry up in sun considering the sun went down earlier than usual. The only thing to get dry was rubbing yourself in your nest or taking the chance and letting the bitter winds dry you off.

Normally he would meet me? Something's up. Let's look in the apprentice den. With a goal in mind, paws make their way towards the apprentice den. He's certain a good number of apprentices are milling about somewhere or with their mentors. When he enters, an apprentice dips their head as they meet depart from the den. Green eyes land on the sleeping form of his apprentice. Guess today is cancelled? Sighing he carefully navigates towards Nettlepaw's sleeping form and leans down to whisper, "Psst. Hey." If the tom doesn't stir at all he would nudge them and try again "Nettlepaw. H-hey, do you want to sleep in?"
  • — pikesplash / riverclan warrior / masculine pronouns / 47 moons
    — bisexual / single / looking / open to flirting and crushes
    — short haired silver mackerel tabby with green eyes
    — may powerplay minor harm / can powerplay healing
    biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by velou

Reactions: Sheogorath

NETTLEPAW ♂
RIVERCLAN
APPRENTICE
FOUR MOONS
BLIND IN BOTH EYES
BIOGRAPHY AND TAGS
APPRENTICED TO PIKESPLASH
PLAYED BY SHEOGORATH

The smell of herbs masks the scent of his mentor. Nettlepaw is far from fond of the medicine cat's den, despite Moonpaw's attempts to make it more hospitable to the bling boy. The voice of Pikesplash is distinctive, though. It rouses Nettlepaw from his rest and leaves the youth blinking in the low light, jaw strained with a yawn. It takes him another moment to realize, fully, that Pikesplash is here. Frosty eyes narrow into a distrustful glare, and the boy lashes his tail against the dry earth.

"If you try throwing me again, other cats will see." He snaps grumpily. A warning. "Ravensong said I'd only be here for a few days, to rest." Nettlepaw informs flatly. He's not sure he wants to train with Pikesplash anymore. I don't know if he's going to hit me, or run away crying. Ugh. A scowl crosses his face. I still don't know what that mess was about. Who knew an apprentice could get under a warrior's fur so easily? "Then we can get back to training. If you want." Nettlepaw shrugs irritably. He's not sure if Pikesplash wants to get back to training. Clearly the other was fed up with Nettlepaw's antics.