black sheep【♛】skunktail

image0.jpg
BRIARPAW — hello, my old heart.
"When can we start practicing combat… like, for real?"
The prompt is not supposed to sound so demanding, but Briarpaw cannot help her growing frustration, the fear of falling behind her peers.
Sure, Skunktail had shown her the basics alongside hunting, but the over-zealous apprentice felt as though she was ready to move on from all of that, to focus on what was important.
Quickening her step to move from her mentors heels to his flank while they ventured further out into the territory, evergreen optics would glue to him with a hint of exasperation.
"All you grown ups are growing mad, I should know how to defend myself." Spoken as though she was making a persuasive point, her ears would tilt to empathize her argument.
It was true though, wasn’t it? Smogmaw, Granitepelt, Sootstar… perhaps leaf-bare just turned warriors minds upside down.
If her mentor would try to avoid her prompt, she would not let him, gaze steady on his even as they traipsed through slick marshland.

// @Skunktail

"speech"
tags

—————————————————————⊰⊱————————————————————
He's briefly surprised at the tenacity behind her words as she speaks suddenly, the question unprompted in their silent movement through the territory. It was true though, he had given her the basics and nothing more, proper combat ettiquette was not something he had seriously planned for or considered in his lessons and truth be told he was waiting for a border skirmish to give her a proper lesson in how to fight. He's always been of the opinion that a real situation instilled in someone a better understanding of things. Skunktail muses to himself with a nod, snorting at her next comment.
"...anger is not necessarily a bad thing, Briarpaw." He walks alongside her slowly, plume of a tail held high. "...anger teaches us our limits and what our heart rejects. Controlled anger lets us learn, lets us understand eachother. I got very angry with your mother, but I don't hate her. Forestshade is my clanmate regardless of my temper toward her." She was not exactly mother-of-the-year since they had Betonyfrost afterall, but Briarpaw was coming along fine even without her attentiveness. Screechpaw though....well, that one needed a few more cuffs upside the head.
"But I will teach you to fight, though you will honor me and not raise her claws to a clanmate unless they earn them such as what Granitepelt and Siltcloud did to deserve their exile. Do you understand?"

•  

• 62602478_UrpK9NsUJpgnTSw.png
    Skunktail
    —⊰⋅ Warrior of ShadowClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ SH Black & white tom w/spearmint green eyes

image0.jpg
BRIARPAW — hello, my old heart.
There is a thoughtful spark in the apprentices gaze as Skunktail speaks, drinking in each word of wisdom until the striped tom decides to bring up his rather public call-out of her mother again.
Briarpaw remembers each second of that terrible decision, watching from a corner whilst trying to cope through the sudden strike of white-hot anger, the irrational feeling of betrayal.
"You shouldn’t have done that." Spoken plainly, a want to frown tugs her maw into an almost straight line.
"You may think you know more because you’re older, but she’s my mother. She’s a good mother… and I think I’m angry with you, but my training is more important." The last word is spoken with a huff, as though she is unsure.
"I promise, I won’t." Acknowledging his ask, Briarpaw doesn’t see herself in any situation which would call for her to weaponize herself against a clanmate- until the images of Screechpaw and Sweetpaw flicker from the back of her mind.
Well, Skunktail didn’t need to be aware of her only exceptions.
"speech"