Blaze in the northern sky | Houndpaw

TORNADOPAW!

Fair skies
Mar 6, 2024

The older apprentices never seemed to excited when Tornadopaw or any of their younger peers bothered them, he guessed they must think they were cooler since they knew much more and they were kinda right. He's learned the word clique recently and that kinda felt like how the apprentices were broken up, mostly based on age and he can't deny that he'd always be more partial to those closer to his own age and his former nurserymates. But he wasn't gonna limit himself, he wanted to make new friends, learn new stuff, enjoy the new freedoms he had and all the new faces he worked besides everyday. He was far from shy but of course he chooses carefully of who he's gonna befriend and hang around, while he's sure eventually he'll be on good terms with the apprentices - most of them anyway he's gotta wait when they're in camp, not busy, and not surrounded by friends they already had... And well he would prefer sticking to cats he already had spent some time with to begin with as well before he began butting into relative strangers.

Today the cat he was looking for was Houndpaw, she'd made a good impression and he hopes he made one on her. He would pad up to her a pep in the toms step, his tail waving behind him in a friendly manner. He wondered how far ahead she must be in her training, and what she could possibly teach him if he asked nicely - it'd be nice to get ahead of the pack and to show Mothfur something he didn't expect! "Heya Houndpaw!" he greets cheerily "How'd training go today? Mine went great, but I'm still fuuulll of energy - I can run laps around our border right now" he talks quickly and with a hint of a chuckle in his tone. His words should've been a exaggeration in his mind but he was being truthful he did have a lot of energy. But he kinda always did.

He just hoped she wasn't tired and well was willing to at least humor him.

• @Houndpaw
  • 4Mn3E2s.png
    Tornadopaw He/Him, Thunderclan Apprentice, 7 moons
    Brown and white masked tom with blue eyes
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Kedamono@legmeatt on discord, feel free to dm for plots. ​

YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE THE MAN

Today was not one of the greatest for Houndpaw, she had been the unwilling victim to a torturous time that was hunting with her mentor. That was one of the few things that they couldn’t get away with doing only under the blanket of stars and the moon. The sun had only reached its noon height, meaning that there were still plenty of hours left in the day much to their dismay. She really wanted to just find somewhere shady to rest, warmer weather like this had always been the perfect time to sleep after all. Today had something else in store for them though as they saw him pad towards her. While she liked to be bitter sometimes she only really reserved it for when someone started it, not wanting to be seen as an instigator, unless it was through backhanded compliments. That being said, she couldn’t tell Tornadopaw to go away, he was nice, frustratingly so. She noticed that he seemed hesitant to speak with the older apprentices, she couldn’t blame him since half of them were pretty nasty (not that she was any better to her older den-mates).

They decided that they would just treat themself to an extra good rest later and raise her tail in greeting to mirror the friendly wave that the tom gave her. “How can you be so cheery in this weather Tornadopaw?” She gasped in awe, clear that she was impressed. They wondered how long it would be until the heat started to affect him too, maybe it wouldn’t at all. Her brain is slow today, lethargic from the forced hunting and as a result she found it a little difficult to keep up with his fast pace.

There was a beat before she registered what he was saying “training went well, I caught a mouse today. Have you caught anything yet?” She wasn’t sure when apprentices were meant to catch something, they didn’t really care either. She had better things to do than keep an ear or eye out to know something as mundane as that, like sleeping for example. Her smile was pleasant, as despite her annoyance at the day in general she did find that they liked his company enough. “I… Could not run around the whole border but I could walk with you around camp?” She offered with a head tilt, trying to find that nice middle ground of not being made to run but not making the young apprentice bored.

“I can show you how to properly take a good nap afterwards too, once that energy is burnt out anyways. I can guarantee you that however you’ve been doing it is wrong and that my method is better.” Her laugh was light, like a sharp wind. They were deathly serious though, they would teach this tom the appreciation of naps if he was going to make her run around with be active with him.

I THINK, THEREFORE, I AM