camp BLESSED | RTA

DogTeeth

⛤ RIVER SIREN
Jul 23, 2022

The twilight burns out in the horizon, the orange and yellow peeling across the tops of the willows. The light chill in the air is beyond the small curly furred tom that’s bundled up lazily on a pile of browned leaves. Crackling them noisily with his little tail-tip twitches and his eyes peering expectantly toward the sky in search of stars. His favorite thing to do before bed, the greatest lullaby nature could ever play.

" feel free to join me!… I’m… quite lonely these days- well not lonely just... by myself.. haha well that's probably just lonely " he feels like he’s admitting it for the first time in two moons, stammering and chuckling. He hadn’t really done much other than his duties and a bit of oddity hoarding. Such as the shards of seashells and black rocks pebbled up in his nest like a devious kit.

" feel free to rant about your day-… I’d love to hear about it " he invites almost pleadingly to his clanmate. Maybe they would stick around for a little game or something. He sighs a bit from the

• — Dogteeth PINTEREST
    — twenty-eight moons
    VOICE & ACCENT
    — warrior of Riverclan
    — gay | crushing on n/a
    — small curly-furred blonde and tan tom with blue eyes.
    — very gentle voice and laugh
    — deals a nasty bite
    BIOGRAPHY——— ✧
  • 0yQlsKL.png

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ It's difficult to fall asleep without being either exhausted or relaxed, and Fallinglight's driven too far from either by none other than Saltsting. Things have still been tense between them ever since their spirited argument, and while they've improved, he's not in the right place yet to find his dry comments amusing more than infuriating. In fact, that's precisely why he's in a terrible mood now, stalking back after Saltsting had tilted his head oh-so-smugly and commented on his performance. "What a pile of fishguts," he grumbles, and realizes that might've been taken as a response to Dogteeth, who's talking about...loneliness.

He clears his throat and throws himself down onto his belly, sprawled out with his chin on his paws. "Sorry, I was uh...thinking aloud is all." He hopes Dogteeth doesn't take it personally; he's a nice guy, if a bit reclusive lately. "Your day couldn't have been so boring you're asking us to ramble at you. I mean, it's not like we're doing anything worthwhile." The last word comes out through gritted teeth, reminiscent of Saltsting's jab, and he forces his jaw to relax and smiles cheerfully at the curly feline.

• ooc:
  • FALLINGLIGHT / / 13 moons old / / amab and uses masculine pronouns; will be startled by the use of any others.
    — warrior of riverclan / / earned warrior name early at 10 moons / / skilled but not experienced / / mentoring [n / a].
    — npc parents / / father died in the great battle and mother left when he was apprenticed / / no contact w / siblings.
    — flirtatious & disastrous bisexual / / fairly indiscriminate (even when he should be) / / closed to long-term romance.

a fairly trim, athletic cream tabby and black chimera with high white. fur is thick and a bit sharp, though tends to soften and curl primarily around his face and tail when wet. eyes are a bright, gleaming blue at home with the river on clear, sunny days. he is rarely without a devil-may-care grin, though despite his daring personality, has yet to accumulate noticeable scarring.
  • dear shell, i really hope dogteeth doesn't think i've got mouse dung for brains. i just keep getting...distracted, that's all. i mean, is there anyone whose fur isn't rubbed the wrong way by saltsting, even just once?

what a pile of fishguts

The sharpness of the tongue rather than the tone seems to jolt Dogteeth from his patient reverie. Bitter spikes digging into the soils of fragile misunderstandings, a chill passes over his heart in brief startle but with a quick glance and a soft hum the warrior can see that the words weren’t meant for him. " I’ve been called worse " he jokes with a small smile, tracing the truths of the rigid lines drawn by the hand of stress and metaphorically backwards rubbed fur. The way the younger warrior clashes to the ground, there was no mistaking the aura of despondency. Your heart can’t help but ache for it.

The apology earns a small chuckle and even wider smile, " I actually like it-… the loose words are the truest. Come right from the heart. " he murmurs with conviction, garnishing it with a nod.

Looking back out to where the rolls of the River waves hum and the blades of the reeds shiver and strum. Dogteeth finds himself trying to recall his own day- silly as it may be, his habitual vicarious nature left him toddling in the midst of his imagination and rather worked his body like a marionette throughout his duties. Life wasn’t easing by, it was barreling. He couldn’t help the fictitious whispers, the promise of never having a family. It made his heart beat rapid, anxiety bubbling up in his gut. He snaps out of it with a shake of his coat before dropping down to be eye level with the other. Propping his own chin on his paws.

" I watched a mud dauber make a nest today- it’s actually kinda fascinating… not going to lie " he laughs, how truthfully boring was he proving his day but he wasn’t lying when he said it was fascinating. " makes me wanna try " he adds but flicks his gaze back to the other. The urge to pry, well it digs deep.

Worthwhile, not a word Dogteeth practiced- certainly not something to describe him or anything he’s ever done." what makes ya say that? " Dogteeth tilts his head and lops over onto his side. Eyes still drifting up towards the stars but his attention is quite undivided. Squinting and idly rolling his toe through the dirt.

• — Dogteeth PINTEREST
    — twenty-eight moons
    VOICE & ACCENT
    — warrior of Riverclan
    — gay | crushing on n/a
    — small curly-furred blonde and tan tom with blue eyes.
    — very gentle voice and laugh
    — deals a nasty bite
    BIOGRAPHY——— ✧
  • 0yQlsKL.png

Reactions: FALLINGLIGHT

Fernpaw was noticeably tired as he returned, natural brightness dimming in the face of his tiredness. Even above his sighted eye his eyelid sagged, a slow blink covering the verdancy of his gaze. It wasn't even that late... he just couldn't keep himself upright these days, pushing himself twice as hard just to catch up with everyone else. It was a genuine vow he held, though, that he would have his warrior name by his next moon. If it half-killed him to get there, he didn't care.

Hearing the nearby buzz of conversation, Fernpaw's gaze wandered toward two conversing cats- Fallinglight, who he liked despite a flair of envy, and Dogteeth, who had always been kind to him. And- having looked at them now, it'd just be rude to stride right past them, wouldn't it? The ringlet-furred tom spoke of nests, and Fernpaw regarded what he laid himself on with a thick look of confusion slapped upon his fiery features. "A mud dauber nest might be more comfortable than what you've got..." Fernpaw theorised, exhaustion clouding the judgment that Dogteeth might actually enjoy sitting on a spiny pile of leaves.
penned by pin

• Haha
Reactions: FALLINGLIGHT
₊· ͟͟͞͞➳˚ The sound of other voices brought the small molly over with bat-like ears perked forward as she approached the trio, her paws lead her over to Fernpaw who she offers a smile to but it falters realizing that the fiery tabby looks exhausted and she mews quietly to him "You should get some rest, Fernpaw." She says with a frown only to turn her mismatched gaze to the pair of warriors that were currently present, Fallinglight and Dogteeth. One familiar and the other not so much but that doesn't stop her from being friendly since he's a clanmate after all and she listens closely as he talks about a mud daubers nest but her nose scrunches up as she realizes something.

She doesn't know what a mud dauber even is so the river princess parts her jaws once more to speak and tilts her head to the side as if to emphasize on her curiosity "What's a mud dauber? If you don't mind me asking, of course!" A small shuffle of snowy paws as she curls her curly furred tail around her front paws waiting to listen to whatever answer they may give her. A part of her excited about being able to become an apprentice soon and getting to see everything with her own eyes for the first time, it makes her insides flutter with anticipation and slight anxiousness.
[ KILL EM WITH THE MOJO, CINEMATIC SLO-MO ]