pafp BLIND SPOTS [ ☽ ] PRODDING FOR GOSSIP

It had been fuckin' funny, just how quickly Roeflame was able to put the inherent strangeness of that conversation behind her when talks of romance (? with a question mark, because Wolfwind's honestly not even sure what that was – ) became involved. It made Wolfwind wonder if, unbeknownst to her, Roeflame was some furious consumer of drama and gossip. Drama and gossip that, clearly, Wolfwind was not privy too, rather it be that its only to be passed through ears that are not her own, or simply because she lacked the appropriate, gossipy connections. Well, she wanted that drama and gossip, damnit. ( And – despite the state that their clan is in, Wolfwind chooses to focus on this for now, if only because it'd make her too sad to think for another second about... things. )

So, irritatingly, in a way that Wolfwind has mastered since before her days of warriorhood, Wolfwind sidles up to Roeflame in a way that, maybe was probably a bit more fitting for closer friends, though she certainly considered Roeflame one by now. " So, Roeflame, " Wolfwind begins innocently. " You were so caught up in Mousenose's... whatever, that it got me wondering if you have anything fun of your own to share. Huh? Huhh? " she seals the deal with a wiggle of her brows, as if she is totally in on something and also very in the know when it comes to clan gossip. One might even think that she may or may not be eluding to something, but really, she doesn't know a damn thing.

• OOC: please wait for @Roeflame .!
  • 63473366_2lFaqbnCOLBwtc0.png
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! LITTERMATE 2 LAKEMOON; KIN TO MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 22 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
ROEFLAME — break the air to feel the fall.
In hindsight, Roeflame could have prodded at Mousenose in a smoother way- but in the moment the warrior had been too focused on putting the dappled molly on the spot. Afterwards, she had been happy to go on about her day without so much of a second thought about the whole ordeal, only shelving the information some place in her mind to keep in mind for later.
Well, that is until Wolfwind is whisker-lengths away from her, saying her name with a loaded question behind it.
Wolfwind is a friend though, and despite almost being knocked over, Roeflame offers her a friendly “Hm?” In return.
While the question does come unexpectedly, the surprise is fleeting before Roeflame gathers her wits and offers the other a sly smile.
"Maybe I do, maybe I don’t." She chimes, looking the other way as she feigns ulterior motive. Did she really have anything to offer? Maybe not.
While Roeflame is looking away, her eyes half-mindlessly search for a familiar broad figure, but they find nothing.
Wait, does Wolfwind know something? Has Burnstorm talked to her?
Roeflame is quick to snap her attention back to the blue she-cat, eyes narrowing in light-hearted suspicion.
"Why? What do you know?"

"speech"
tags

It had been another long, hard day. Hunting was pretty much his entire life now, but between the cats who were sick and the cats who had left on the journey, their were not many able paws who could get their stores of prey looking how they usually did. He drops his own meager catch on the pile. Immediately, his first thought was of Roeflame and he finds himself wondering if she was back from attending to her own duties for the day or if she was still out. He wanted to seek her out and tell her about his day, ask about hers. So he casts his gaze about the camp with steady golden eyes.

It shocks him when his eyes meet hers. He had not been preparing for that… It makes him feel that all too familiar lurch in his heart, a sensation only the silver furred she cat seemed to be able to provoke. As quickly as their eyes meet they also quickly flash away. It is such a brief second that Burnstorm is beginning to think he’s imagined it as he walks over to Roeflame and Wolfwind.

As he draws closer, he dips his head respectfully to his cousin, but his eyes are pinned on the form of his friend. "Hey you guys, Whatre we talkin about?” a grin turns up the corners of his mouth as he speaks and his tail flicks high in the air.

• ooc : — ​

• 60128620_HIwWDbxBpKFbAR4.png

➵ he / him
    ➵ thunderclan warrior
    ➵ single ; crushing on roeflame
    ➵ heterosexual
    ➵ a large black furred tom with long hair and golden eyes
    ➵ toyhouse [ ]

Silent as he was, Berryheart was often privy to gossip. By choice, the majority of the time. Napping in sun-warmed spots enabled you to hear conversations, carried on the wind... sometimes as subtle as butterfly-wingbeat, but there if you listened. On account of his niece, though, this particular conversation was decidedly not quiet. Regrettably, he'd not been present for the aforementioned conversation regarding the love life of young Speckles, but... apparently it had been interesting enough for Clamours to follow up on it.

Despite his love of eavesdropping, of learning, the tortoiseshell medic was not very well-versed in flirtatious behaviours. He knew who was padding after who on word alone, for judging romantic feelings had never been a strong suit for him. He had near-zero interest in the matter, especially when it came to having kits... it was a world separate from his own, and he was quite alright with it. Still, it did not mean he wanted to be oblivious to the escapades of other Thunderclanners...

What do you know? The question made Berryheart's ears prick up in Fawny's direction. He'd done rather a good job, moments ago, of feigning slumber- though it hadn't been intentional. "There's something to know?" Berryheart prodded, neutral despite the smile-curve of his tone, the subtle interest in forest green eyes. Little-little had made quite the beeline, hadn't he...
PENNED BY PIN ☾

Maybe I do, maybe I don’t ” The answer is coy, and Wolfwind huffs a laugh. She leans closer then, as if pressuring her for juicy gossip, even though she kind of has the feeling that both of them are feigning more than there really is going on. Maybe she really didn’t have secrets to spill.

But then, she has Roeflame’s full attention, and she says, “ Why? What do you know? ” Oho? So there is something to know. Wolfwind’s smile becomes more impish. This has quickly devolved into a convulted battle of whits. Full of the kind of vaguing and implications that Wolfwind was usually far to direct of a cat to divulge in, and it probably shows. She’s continuing the streak anyways, though. " What do I know? " she feigns. (The answer is fuckall. Please tell her, Roeflame.) Burnstorm comes along with about as much knowledge on the subject as Wolfwind has, but she wouldn’t show it. She’s continuing her cool, mysterious streak, damn it. " What are we talking about? "

Berryheart, who’d been doing a great impression of a rock in the corner of her eye so far, suddenly perks at Roeflame’s urge, much in the same way that Wolfwind had. Only in a more subtle, Berryheart way. " Even Berryheart's curious! Look at him, he's ABSOLUTELY DYING to know! " Wolfwind exclaims. " Poor guy’s out of the loop. I guess you’ll just have to tell him before the tension destroys him from the inside out... "

•  
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! LITTERMATE 2 LAKEMOON; KIN TO MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 22 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

” mousenose’s.. what? “ it her grand entrance to this conversation, plodding up alongside wolfwind and poking her head down near over her shoulder to join in. it wasn’t rude — mousenose’s business was her business. she’d be a bad sister if she didn’t shove her nose into any conversation about the blue tortoiseshell that didn’t involve her directly. mousenose’s something, and it evidently had flustered roeflame to some extent. her whiskers brow lifts inquisitively, suspiciously, a large ear swiveling to flick with thought. the she-cat looks nervous, a sputter of words and questioning that has her blinking wide, sunlit eyes in her direction. no.. no, surely not. roeflame was roughly their age, she supposed. closeish. but that wasn’t..

maybe i do, maybe i don’t! the woman answers, and freckleflame startles slightly. was she missing something? what did her sister have to do with this? burnstorm approaches, and she barely acknowledges it, save for a brief, bewildered flick of eyes. wolfwind talks in circles and, mind whirling, the young warrior takes a blurting stab, ” roeflame, do you.. like mousenose? she drones, slowly, as if testing the waters, ” ‘cuz i coulda swore.. “ she resists the urge to look at burnstorm. she fails, if only by a slightest flick of blue - green. berryheart seemed equally as confused, and she couldn’t blame him.. mousenose was.. exuberant. full of — ah — life. was she really a match for the calm, dutiful roeflame? she could have sworn.. well. she’d never said she was an expert at romance.

• i.
  • 𖦹 . LESBIAN. SINGLE, CRUSHES EASILY. SMELLS LIKE SUN - WARMED OAK. FOURTEEN MOONS. NAMED A WARRIOR 8 / 3 / 2023. MENTORED UNDER WOLFWIND, PENNED BY ANTLERS !!
    f. she / her, daughter of sunfreckle and rabbitnose. large, fluffy cream - ribboned tortoiseshell she-cat with seaglass eyes. fire - forged, smoldering ; shades of vibrant russet, dousing swathes of shadow and interwoven with ribbons pale cream come to drape like licks of flame over a well - toned form.
    IMG_3106.png
    in warriorhood she has grown to full, hulking height ; unspecified maine coon heritage born of sunfreckle's kittypet background shows itself in large, round paws and tufted, long - furred toes set upon thick, tabby - splotched limbs. freckleflame is broad shouldered and square - jawed, wild cheek fur like the blazing edges of a red sun — a hulking, thick - furred thunderclan warrior, forever blaze - kissed. a characteristic lack of personal space leads her to a slouching, touchy posture, often inclined to lean or bump against her peers, all while bearing a lazy, bright - eyed grin.

• FRECKLE-removebg-preview.png

dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
ROEFLAME — break the air to feel the fall.
As if intuitively summoned, Burnstorm arrives, as casual as ever while Roeflame feels the familiar fire of her face flushing.
[COLOR=#FCB577[B]"Hey! Um…"[/B][/COLOR] She begins, until Berryheart chimes in and whatever poor answer the tabby warrior had withers on her tongue.
She cannot hide the surprise in her eyes when she blinks at the brindled healer, who knew Berryheart was so nosey?
Roeflame is beginning to regret playing coy. Wolfwind answers each question with a question, and Roeflame comes to the face-palming realization that she didn’t know anything about anything.
Roeflame can still play this cool though, even when the ebony presence by her side is strangely daunting in this scenario.
"I never realized how thirsty you were for gossip, Wolfwind!" Roeflame shoots back, a giggle bubbling from her throat.
Freckleflame speaks and the giggle dies, fast.
Do you…like Mousenose? The question gives Roeflame a pause, as though the cinnamon molly doesn’t realize the tortoiseshell is speaking to her.
’cuz I could swore..
"What?!" Roeflame deadpans, not registering the others brief glance towards Burnstorm.
"I don’t like Mousenose, I’m-" Roeflame doesn’t even realize her own split glance towards Burnstorm, a subconscious movement.
It was time to get the attention off of her, quick.
"She’s not my type. Mousenose and Lightstrike are probably gonna get together now, anyways- haven’t you heard?" She embellishes, flicking her ear dismissively, sending a silent sorry to Moonwhisper- but it was time for self preservation.
"speech"

"speech"
tags

Oh, maybe his penchant for listening was not often noticed... for Fawny's eyes flickered with surprise. Clamours seemed quite unbothered, though- bouncing off his words and pursuing the gossip like sparse prey. So too did Flecks join in, her words precision-strikes, and the subtlest of smiles played upon Berryheart's maw. Even just the information was nice- but, true or not, he could not deny his amusement.

Fawny batted the attention away, focusing on perhaps a new blossoming couple... again, it was one Berryheart had never considered. Courting rituals were decidedly not a familiar subject to him. "It's inevitable, is it?" he asked, gaze unmoving from Fawny's face. His attention was even, piercing. If there was anything Berryheart was good at it was stoicism, and his tone often kept a certain seriousness to it, even in lighthearted discussions like this.
PENNED BY PIN ☾