camp BLOOD (EMPTY PROMISES) — reflection

Her fifth moon has come and gone; ahead of her is unknown territory, the day she'd be forced from the nursery and marched in front of Clanrock to receive a new name entirely. It's a day she's been prepared for—first by Siltcloud, next by Lilacfur—but it looms hauntingly close like Spanish moss clinging to distant trees. The she-kit will shed her name, her personality, will saunter into the mires her mother still haunted, will become the shadows her Clanmates embody. She will blossom, like the marshflowers, into someone new.

Has she already? A puddle, murky with rainwater, is disturbed by a single batting paw. The image clears, refocuses, centers. There's a different cat staring back at her. She has lost her kitten-fluff, has lost the roundness to her cheeks, the plumpness to her face and body. Someone skinny and distrustful stares back at her; the eyes in her face are lean, the color of sundried mossballs. Her shape is slender, but awkward, too long of limb, too short of torso. A tail winds, serpentine, behind her, curving close to strangely big paws.

Marblekit closes her eyes, imagines the water rippling, imagines a ruddier pelt with stark white patches, imagines Siltcloud peering back at her from beyond the grave. She does not know what this means, and she does not know why she thinks about it.

Who am I now?

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 5 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan kit, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.

Gigglekit is happily three moons old, and rather looking forward to her fourth moon of being in ShadowClan and getting to know everyone there. In the back of her mind she knows that turning four moons will mean only a short time more until she becomes an apprentice, but for now she takes what she can in stride, content with being a kit and having other kits to play with. That her cousins Sycamorekit and Marblekit might be soon leaving the nursery is a thought she hasn't had, simply one she's unaware of.

"Marbs!" Gigglekit purred as she approached her older cousin, who was staring into a small puddle. Gigglekit had become all too accustomed to seeing that look on many a ShadowClanner's face, that distant look that one gained while one was deep in thought; and Gigglekit had come to realize that it was never any good to get too deep into one's thoughts, lest one get dragged under by the tide. "Marbs, what're you up to?"

She is still young as she gazes upon that of Marblekit and Gigglekit. Both are kits she knows well, dusk-colored eyes blinking towards them briefly. Gigglekit's statement is what had drawn the kit's attention. Ears perked gently at vision cast towards Marblekit, who's paw dipped and churned water, squinting every now and again at it. Owlkit pushed to her paws, making her way over at a casual pace.

She was still smaller then Gigglekit, even though they were all but matched in age. Ears perked gently as she spoke, head tilting up towards Marblekit. "You're looking at yourself in the puddle? You're really pretty, you know." Owlkit says, a tiny smile finding her face. She takes a small step, shoulder-bumping Gigglekit in a kind way. "You're... almost an apprentice, right?" She tacks another question on to their two already, eyes wide in a curious manner.
  • "speech"
  • OWLKIT she/her, kit of shadowclan, 3 moons.
    SH blue tabby with low white. unusually small in stature, but moves with unintentional grace. eyes are split blue on top, orange on bottom. soft spoken and kind natured.
    mentored by no one / / mentoring no one
    no current love interest / / sibling to shadowkit, pitchkit, lynxkit, waspkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

"Marbs!" The trill of her cousin's purr snaps her eyes away from her reflection in the puddle. Marblekit turns, a smile creasing her muzzle. "Marbs, what're you up to?" Thoughts of her mother vanish like mist swept away by a strong gale; she purrs in response to Gigglekit's query. "Oh... I just..." She lifts a paw and gestures loosely to the water she'd been scrying. "I feel like I look different, I guess. Do you think so?"

Another kit—Owlkit, earth-pelted and pretty—bumps against Gigglekit's shoulder. "You're really pretty, you know," she says, and Marblekit blushes under her pale tawny coat. "No way," she murmurs; she's certainly not a looker, and if anything, her puddle-gazing has proved that. There is the too-sharp slope of cheekbones protruding from her face now, and the fur is scrappy, dull, but the kindness of her denmate's words still leaves her a little breathless. "Thank you. Um, yes, I am. I'll be starting my training next moon."

Next moon, we won't be denmates anymore. I'll be Marblepaw. I'll be someone entirely different.

• ooc:
  • pcAn1D5.jpeg
  • Marblekit, she/they w/ feminine and non-gendered terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 5 moons old, ages realistically on the 1st.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a
    — shadowclan kit, formerly a rogue. siltcloud x lilacfur, gen 3.
    — currently mated to n/a.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh fawn tabby with dull green eyes. courageous, curious, introspective, observant, judgmental, snarky.

Pretty was something Stonekit knew about, sure. He just didn't have it in him to care much yet. Maybe one day his vanity would grow, but for the meantime it simply didn't interest him. Seeing Marblekit stare down at her reflection was odd to him. "You're gonna go cross-eyed," he teased. "You look like Marblekit to me," he added with a shoulder shove. A gentle one, but still always an invitation to play.