pafp BLOW US ALL AWAY ✧ . gift

✧ . Greeneyes isn’t surprised that Falconpaw passed his assessment. He knew his apprentice would do well, but knowledge that the tom’s assessment is complete makes this all the more real: soon Falconpaw will be a warrior, and soon Greeneyes will no longer be his mentor.

Most of his days as a warrior, and all of his days as a lead warrior he’s had Falconpaw as an apprentice — it’ll be strange, getting used to the kid not being always nearby. No longer will he have a pointed shadow to follow him on border patrols, no longer will he be tasked with watching out for the kid. Though, who is he to kid? He’ll always be there for his first apprentice.

These days he finds himself thinking about Sheepcurl more often than not, his eyes darting to the feather woven at the base of his tail more than usual. He wonders if she’d felt the same as his own graduation neared, this bittersweet tug at his chest. She would’ve loved Falconpaw, he thinks. He can only hope he made her proud with the mentoring role he took on, with her practices passed on to the next.

He departs from camp in the early morning. The sun has hardly risen, though streaks of pink heed warning to the day’s impending start. It’s a mere walk to stretch his legs, he’ll inform anyone who might see him, an excuse for the search that persues.

For seasons ago, Sheepcurl had done similar. Seasons ago, she’d left camp and returned with brightly colored gifts, bestowed upon him a flower and a feather. Today, he plans the same. Or, nearly — Falconpaw has already gotten half of the gifts Greeneyes had received; he’d heard Fluffykit and Candorkit sniffling about it later.

Today, with the sun now high in the sky, he returns to camp as he silently vows to for his future apprentices, a feather held carefully between his teeth. It’s not as colorful of his own, but the shock of blue painted over the newly-found jay feather suits Falconpaw better.

As he shifts through the entrance, malachite eyes dart around camp in search of the familiar face, and when he finds him, Greeneyes carefully sets the feather down, waving the soon-to-be warrior down with his tail. “ Falconpaw! “ he calls for him. A smile is spread across his face as he nears.

When I was around your age, my mentor gave me a feather — ” His tail shifts behind him, a reminder of the red and blue-tinged trinket’s presence, “ — and now I will do the same for you. “ Greeneyes carefully picks up the feather, and places it at his apprentice’s paws.

You can wear it, if you want — or, keep it in your nest. It’s up to you, really! “ Even if Falconpaw doesn’t opt to wear it like Greeneyes wears his, he hopes he still likes it all the same. The lead warrior gives his apprentice a nudge against his shoulder. “ I’m so, so, so proud of you, amigo. And I always will be, no matter what. You’re going to be a great warrior, I promise! “ He’s said it before, but he’ll say it again, for it’s the truth.​
EpC61GT.png
  • // PAFP: @falconpaw! & set a couple days before april's ceremony!
  • 74596946_rY2pLJ2YZGmQ0CI.png
    GREENEYES AMAB. He / Him. Lead Warrior of SkyClan.
    ✧ . A red tabby and white tom with bright green eyes.
    ✧ . Daisyflight x Raven Ramble
    ✧ . Mentored by Sheepcurl ; Currently mentoring Falconpaw
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- He cannot lie- for the first time in moons, perhaps he is... excited. Passing something of his own volition, not being handed entry into Skyclan. He worked for this! Falconpaw had returned with two birds, held his own in battle, recited the code and answered questions like he was reading the answer key. Greeneyes had promised him a hint of rest inbetween the assessment and his ceremony, so that's where he was now.

Falconpaw had slept in, despite everything that had happened, how the argument had went down. Thoughts of Drowsypaw circled his mind, just as much as Lupinepaw did. The soft looks, and murmured reassurance. Falconpaw wouldn't soon forget that, the honest goodness of his.. friend. That's what Drowsypaw was, right? The warmth against his flank caused Falconpaw to close studious eyes, turning his face into the sun. Here, his pelt looked almost akin to a flame tortie, dappled in colors of the sun.

A soft breath left him as he enjoyed peace, perhaps, for the first time in a long minute- that's when his mentor is calling his name, and he turned his head, eyes sliding open as he looked towards Greeneyes. He pushed to dutiful paws, padding over with perked and curious ears. "What is it?" He didn't asked unkindly, and as Greeneyes began to explain, Falconpaw sank down onto his haunches. First a gift of flowers from Lupinepaw, and now... eyes blinked in earnest surprise.

The feather is settled inbetween his paws, and he inhaled gently. Greeneyes is hopeful that he'll like it, but Falconpaw is all but wordless. Slowly, his paw picked up the feather, lifting it to his eyes. They nearly matched, the jay's blue to the point's blue optics. Slowly, a genuine grin slipped across his face. ".. Thank you, Greeneyes." He spoke earnestly, turning and tangling the feather swiftly into his person. When it was revealed, Greeneyes could see it was settled into his tail. They matched, if the only difference was the coloring in the feather.

"I mean it, Greeneyes." The normally quiet apprentice turned his vision back to his mentor, chin tilting down. "Thank you. For everything- you've been a wonderful mentor." Falconpaw said, stepping in to bump the top of his head against Greeneyes's shoulder, even if it meant he had to lean down a little bit. Damn his long legs.
  • "speech"
  • FALCONPAW 🌧 he/him, apprentice of skyclan, thirteen moons.
    LH chocolate lynx point with deep blue eyes, and a long scar on his left cheek down under his jawline. pushes his 'hair' back. very long legged, half oriental moggie.
    mentored by greeneyes / / mentoring no one
    padding after lupinepaw / / brother to spottedpaw and sagepaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.