camp BLOW US ALL AWAY // bragging

Blackstrike is a new point of pride for the lead warrior. Once a loner scrounging for prey, now a noteworthy warrior of ShadowClan, even named for his fighting prowess. Now, she can't take credit for teaching him that, but she can take credit for him being here! The two are hanging out in the afternoon son, on their way to the fresh-kill pile to grab bite. As they walk side by side, Forestshade struts with her head and tail help high and a giant grin slapped across her patched face.

"I'm proud of ya, feather-foot," She trills, a call-back to their first spar when she couldn't even hear his light paws touch the ground. A talent indeed that is especially esteemed in the clan of stealth. Even more loudly, she boisterously praises herself, "I knew you were gonna do it! I knew you'd be a ShadowClan warrior! Everyone who told me I was frog-brained can eat my tail, ha!" Oh yes, she's loud because she wants them all to hear her. "I told them, huh?" A snort escapes her, unseeing eyes squinting in amusement and glee. Oh, how she loves being right!

// she's talking to @BLACKSTRIKE but don't need to wait for him!​

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- "Incorrigable.." Hollowmask grumbles as the molly lifts her head from her paws, body aching from an intense hunt that she had just returned back from. She takes a moment to bask in the scent of swamp and wet leaves before Forestshade yells out boisterously again. Her eye twitches in annoyance, her irritation slowly starting to show in the form of raised hair along her spine.

"Why are you so loud? Stars.." She exhales the words from her lips then, giving the molly and her.. friend.. a dead-eyed stare of exhaustion. Nobody wanted to hear this, let alone be around it. She stands up then, shaking out her pelt filled with mud and water as she walks past; attempting to fling said mud and water towards the two cats. "Oh, I apologize." She says, yet there is no remorse in those cold golden eyes. Merely a void, pupils slit into narrowed, sharp lines as she sits nearby.

"So. What's got your tail all straight like it'll explode? Excitement?" She asks, not really curious but taking the step to make Forestshade get this over with so she'll finally shut up. She was always so annoying. How did the cats here tolerate her?

• 84067192_hjWqJiHfsJGPhBZ.png
  • HOLLOWMASK she/her, warrior of shadowclan, thirty moons.
    big, bulky body that stands at 10in, with long, wild and spiky fur. gives off eerie vibes despite oftentimes seen smiling.
    no close friends // dislikes nobody // no mate, no children.
    will kill / will not show mercy / will rarely flee
    [DANGER!!] this character is cunning, manipulative, sadistic, and controlling yet hiding under a friendly guise. please proceed with caution when interacting with her. ic opinions/actions are ic only.
    attempts at healing is permitted, peaceful powerplay is permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by @icaria ↛ @icariarests on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

➼➼ The lead warrior boasts about Blackstrike becoming a warrior, because of course she does. Her brashness knows no bounds—and she’s right. She’d told everyone, and she’d been correct. He may not be the greatest ShadowClan warrior who ever lived, but he’s still a ShadowClan warrior. Making it this far is an accomplishment. "Thanks," he responds, mismatched gaze finding his mentor’s widely-grinning face. She praises herself for the entire clan to hear, and it brings a grin to the newly-named warrior’s face as well. She’s… proud? But is she proud of him, or of herself from bringing him in? He supposes it doesn’t truly matter, because either way it appears he’s here to stay, but he does wish he could know the lead warrior deeply enough to know the answer intuitively. Eh, maybe one day he will. For now, he’s content to knock his shoulder gently against Forestshade’s and enjoy the moment.

"Couldn’t have done it without you, though. Still hard to believe you found my scrawny self out there and decided to bring me here." He’s grateful for the opportunity, really, but that doesn’t make it any easier to accept as reality. The tom opens his mouth to continue on with his thanks, only to be stopped by the mud that’s flung in spatters across his face and shoulder, some landing in his mouth. He coughs and sputters mostly for dramatic effect, but quickly whips his head around to lock eyes with… "Oh, Hollowmask, no worries," he assures the she-cat, his voice a steady rumble in the face of her dead-fish stare. She’s definitely not sorry, and it’s only made more clear when she settles down and asks plainly what’s got Forestshade all riled up. "She’s feeling pretty… triumphant," he explains to Hollowmask, as if that explains anything at all.

• ooc:
  • 18648745_COmype1KcH43Y7q.png
    BLACKSTRIKE ❯❯ he/him, shadowclan warrior
    thin black and white tom with mismatched blue and yellow eyes. calm and nonchalant, difficult to anger.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

Forestshade is annoying. Probably one of the most annoying cats he knows, which is an impressive crown to hold alongside the likes of Betonyfrost and Smogmaw... She was stomping across camp, yowling her lungs out about Blackstrike as if she'd raised the guy from kithood. Forestshade had essentially found a wild animal and got lucky that it was the one in one hundred that didn't want to kill them. Is that really anything to brag about, though? In ShadowClan, maybe. Sharpshadow didn't want to bring them down to the level where they celebrate a bad decision that doesn't get them killed.

Sharpshadow would rather just look annoyed though, than do what Hollowmask does. Though that doesn't mean she can't find it funny. Blackstrike explains to her already, but Sharpshadow's explanation would be more realistic. " She thinks she did something, " she supplies with a roll of the eyes. Sharpshadow doesn't bother to whisper or anything. He doesn't owe her that. Blackstrike could be happy if he wanted to be, he supposes, though really, he'd advise not to.

Still wearing her confident grin, she listens to Blackstrike with a mixture of amusement and pride. When he acknowledges her role in guiding him, not even she can hide the small bit of warmth that softens her expression. Despite her outward bravado, she very much appreciates the words. His growth in ShadowClan means the world to her as a teacher. “Hey, you earned it, scrawny self and all,” She voices proudly. She could tell he had potential from the start, and he has proven her right.

Hollowmask’s irritated grumbling does more to amuse the laidback she-cat rather than offend her. She angles her face towards the warrior, head tilted slightly in playfulness. “No need to be so uptight, Hollowmask,” She retorts with a smirk, although she does end up flinching slightly in surprise as she feels mud spray her. Unfazed, she tips her chin up as Blackstrike calls her triumphant. I’m celebrating the little victories,” The torbie adds on casually, shrugging. “We take what we can get in this marsh.”

She flicks her ears towards Sharpshadow indifferently, a huff of amusement escaping her nostrils. She saunters towards him with a whipping tail before leaning to nudge him teasingly. “I did do something,” The she-cat presses, sneering. “And face it, it’s good news for ShadowClan! One more strong warrior thanks to yours truly.” With a hint of dramatization, Forestshade performs a bow, a foreleg curled towards her chest.