sensitive topics blue moon in your eyes - bobbie

He could walk and walk just like this. Even if for a moment, some promised silence always could do some good, couldn't it? Starlight had just begun to seep through the skies sheets of pale pinks and yellows. The lanky silhouette of a tabby walked along the two-leg place border, throwing haphazard shadows across a tall row of fences. Hesitantly, his good eye glanced back and forth with indecision.

It's not a good idea. No matter how beat up you feel, this isn't the right way. A chill of heightened nerves ruffled his dappled back fur, their scarred muzzle awash with shame. He was lost. Yet again, he was adrift and away from those he loved. He had held it all together through yellowcough, the starvation and illnesses, even the additional scars that marred his body from violent rogues. Just like the old times. Except now it felt as though he relived every waking moment as a helpless youth, staring wide-eyed and petrified, just as he had the day he found his mother.

Slowly, the remaining rays of daylight burned out into deep indigos, and the grasses bled from green to a muted blue. Don't do it. His paw stopped just shy of the invisible marker, his head spinning with indecision and misery. I just want her back. What good is any of this? Dogbite's face sagged as he retreated from the border, stopping a few rabbit hop's away and slouching on pale haunches. Not like I have the gall to do it anyway. He was meant to be unbreakable and reliable, loyal above all else. But did I really ever feel that way? Was I always drifting? Just like before.

Faded shadows flickered through aged time, rewound back to the most pivotal nights of his lonesome trails. Days spent with little food and endless fields, ducking under monsters and coiling up into a tight enough ball to ignore the thunderstorm above. It wasn't all that long ago, was it? Would I still be the same? Flashes of Bear's wild eyes or Crescent's vicious snarls were enough to sing a different tune. Maybe... What happened to all those warm fuzzy feelings before? Again his pelt prickles with remorse. They weren't sure what happened to it. Why his guts didn't burn with the familiar rage of vengeance. Why their heart didn't sing for the foxes deaths.

Again the torturous aching strangled him into a pained whine. What would Applefrost have done had I died? Will she think of me in the stars? Awkwardly, he sat with his back turned to the fence line. Nerves twisted into bundles and eyelid sore with scars of stains down their cheek. Hanging his head they stared on at nothingness. Their physical and mental state wrapped up tightly in the comfort of old ghosts.

• @bobbie
  • jLfE0mV.png

• ✧ LH cinnamon tabby high white blue eye
    npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan lead warrior ; ex-loner
    ✧ 34 moons old ; birthday 07/01
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric