pafp BODIES WRAPPED AND BURNT ❀ PRODDING

LUNGWORTKIT

she's my collar.
Jul 25, 2024
Somewhere amidst the long, sprawling, generous overspill of illness in WindClan's camp, and in the tidal wave of its effects, Lungwortkit had been swept up. An unknowing patient zero, the girl had spent the first wave of the epidemic adrift in the medicine den. Long, misty days and nights had blurred together into one bluesilver stretch of time, lost in a dim and hazy world of fever and half - real things creeping into the corners of her vision, the warmth of her mother's unseen breath on her ear—or maybe it had been Cotton's? She cannot remember it except in the short fall into sleep.

Nor does she know that her illness is not exclusive, that she had burrowed into WindClan's closely guarded heart and rendered it diseased. Nobody has thought to tell her of her inadvertent destruction, and so she is confused by the way cats part before her like the sea. Each sniffle and cough brings a ripple of reaction around her, cats taking another step away and staring at her with wide, rounded eyes.

" Vulture, " she says, tugging at a tuft of the larger cat's fur. She knows @Vulturepaw as well as she can know anyone right now, so who better to sate her curiosity? The lifting of one paw destabilizes her—she is weak today, limbs trembling beneath her and weighed down with a fatigue no amount of prey or sleep seems to alleviate—and she slides into a sitting position. " Why does everyone look at me like that when I cough? " she mrrows, and punctuates it with a thin wheeze to prove her point. " Why do they walk away when I'm around? "
4d5460.png

OOC : Please wait for Vulturepaw to reply!

˖⁺‧₊ ☽◯☾ ₊‧⁺˖  The curiosity that once drew Vulturepaw to crane his neck into the dark of the medicine den has soured now. He does not need it, though, it seems. The den's strange inhabitant has been freed, and has quickly latched herself to their side. He tries not to flinch as the smaller cat warbles his name, tugs at a tuft of fur with tiny teeth.

Her every movement is shaky. The illness was not left behind in the medicine den as his was shed in the badger sett. It follows her like a carrion bird flocking to the scent of rotten flesh. "B-because..." Her every wheezing word sounds like the tolling of a death knell. "You're sick," he blurts, taking a step away. She said she was feeling better. He doesn't know if he believes her.

"Even if you're out of the medicine den now, you're still..." A paw lifts up, waves indistinctly. He doesn't quite know what he wants to convey. She's different from the rest of the clan. Her sickness was not taken from another. She is the rot that has spread through the camp, the one who carried in the virulent curse on black-feathered wings. "You - um, when you c-c-came here you brought in something... really bad." He can't hate her for it, even as his words come without trace of gentleness.

Instead, there is something fearful and sad in the shaky edges of his voice. He looks at her now and thinks of the days spent in hazy malaise, languishing in the confines of the badger sett. "The c-c... c-c-coughing. I got it t-too and - it was scary. Someone d-d-d-died, I saw it." The words tear from his throat, ragged as Lungwortkit's breaths.

Her name itself is a curse - feverfew and lungwort, his mind supplies in half-remembered words. How ironic.

• 78719023_Dn5AkWBYFbxxqzb.png

"SPEECH"
  • VULTUREPAW he / they, apprentice of windclan, seven moons.
    a spiky-furred dark tabby with amber eyes.
    skittish and dour, with a superstitious sort of pessimism.
    micheal x npc, adopted by periwinklebreeze. sibling to dustpaw and bilberrypaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNIDsaturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: LUNGWORTKIT