private boom sound effect \\ starlightpaw

Apr 21, 2023
Doing this for Beepaw had gone well, Brookpaw thinks. The children of the leader and deputy are destined to have some level of superiority about them and she was at least kind about her help. It happens to be a few days after the fact, and Brookpaw has found the time again to seek out some shells and reeds to help another apprentice properly set up their nest. This time, it seems to be Starlightpaw lingering about the shared den.

Again, she places her offerings gently on the ground, looking towards the monochromatic feline with her head slightly inclined, "How's your training?" In truth she cares little for the answer, as small talk is of little interest and success with her. She is her father's daughter at the end of the day. Regardless, she nudges a shell towards the other, and offers, "You can have these, if you want," when she can. "I was going to put them in my nest, but maybe you'll have better use of them." The lie rings softly with her strict tone. Brookpaw in truth knows so little of the triplets that she's unsure of if they would become envious to learn that she helped another one of them first.

"I can help you weave your nest into better shape, too, if you'd like," she offers shortly after.

@STARLIGHTPAW

( )  Starlightpaw has been worrying over their nest for far too long. Cicadastar's nest was perfect, naturally, woven by the river-king himself. Theirs is different. Therefore, it is imperfect. A horrible problem. Beepaw and Cicadapaw already have their nests, and they're fine, and not as good as Cicadastar's. Beepaw got some other apprentice's help, and --

There she is now. Brookpaw comes carrying shells and reeds, and Starlightpaw scrutinizes the offer with chin held high. She places them before him; a worthy offering, an acceptable one. It's the kind of respect (deference) he appreciates, unfortunately often missing from apprentices of her age. A smile curves Starlightpaw's maw. "Training's going well," he answers politely, if somewhat disinterestedly. "Petalnose's a good mentor. I think I've seen,- hm, most of the territory now? Most, maybe all. And -- " A glimmer in her eye. "And I think I'm gonna catch my first prey soon." Knows he will, really.

Starlightpaw inspects the shell Brookpaw pushes forward as he speaks. "Yes, yes, these'll do. I'll make good use of them." No thank you, but they do grant her a very dignified not as they pull the offerings close, beginning to sort through with a scrutinizing eye.

Ah, but then comes Brookpaw's offer. His face scrunches up, whiskers twitching. "Help me?" comes the repetition, warbling tone distorting the meaning of it. The question is breathed as though she is unsure whether it offends her senses. Starlightpaw's paws still. "Do you think there's something wrong with the way I'm doing it?" A challenge, assessing. Of course there is, it's still not right yet, but he doesn't quite appreciate being called on it. Starlightpaw casts narrowed eyes in the other apprentice's direction.
border2.png

• // sorry for the late reply !!
  • ✩  ⁺ ₊  ⋆ STARLIGHTPAW. APPRENTICE OF RIVERCLAN. HE / SHE / THEY.
    3 MOONS & AGES ON THE 12TH. PENNED BY SATURNID.

✩ — A WIRY, CURLY-FURRED BLACK SMOKE WITH CLOUDED BLUE EYES.

SMOKETHROAT xx CICADASTAR. LITTERMATE TO BEEPAW & CICADAPAW.

MENTORED BY PETALNOSE