private BOUGHT A ONE WAY TICKET ✧ ravensong, moonpaw

At Ravensong’s call, Iciclefang slips toward his den, her ears lowered conspiratorially. She looks from the ebony-pelted healer to his bone-colored protégé, her mouth worked into a small frown. “So is it that bad?” She racks her brain for a moment—her knowledge of illnesses and their symptoms is pitifully small. She remembers yellowcough, the way it had wreaked havoc on their forest, how it had sank its claws into her sister and pulled her beneath the earth, but she’s not had any of those signs. Besides, they have the lungwort now—she’s seen both Ravensong and Moonpaw harvesting it and stocking it in their quaint little cove. Greencough?... She’s not congested, but she supposes it could be some early sign…

Really, I feel fine aside from… well, that little bout of sickness,” she assures them both. “There’s nothing really wrong with me, right? Something had to have been off with the shrew…” She trails off, searching first Ravensong’s gaze and then Moonpaw’s for clues.

• ooc: @RAVENSONG @Moonpaw
  • image0.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 20 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Cicadapaw ; previously mentored n/a
    — riverclan lead warrior. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Stormywing.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

Quickly Moonpaw had followed Ravensong and Iciclefang into the medicine den, ears pricked with interest and curiosity as she did so. Ravensong had said that Moonpaw could learn some valuable lessons and she was curious as to what those lessons were. It couldn't be something bad if her mentor had been so casual about it but she wasn't sure if it could be something good either as they were now within the privacy of the medicine den, though she was sure if there was something that was wrong with Iciclefang even if it was something not bad she might want her privacy about it, about whatever symptoms may come and what to expect and how to help with them in case they were embarrassing or gross.

She came to a stop beside her mentor and watched as the lead warrior tried to figure out what was going on, looking to the black and white felines for clues before Moonpaw looked over to Ravensong for answers as well. She didn't know what was going on any more than Iciclefang did, and they would simply have to wait to see what Ravensong said.

• 76563872_jZr368yA5Er3eOs.png
    MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 73712454_CoST7yg1gTxVXmM.jpg
    SH white masking cinnamon torbie w/orange eyes & small ears
    speaks softly & often found humming
    9 moons old; ages the 17th every month
    homosexual homoromantic ; interested in beepaw & redacted
    currently being mentored by ravensong
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    easy in combat unless in water, focuses on defensive tactics
    peaceful powerplay allowed

"Not bad, but I thought you would appreciate hearing my thoughts in a more private setting." Ravensong sighed, lowering himself to his bony haunches and sweeping his tail around his paws. He did not look over at his apprentice when she glanced at him, but instead they were trained on Iciclefang's body. She had changed, very minimally, but Ravensong felt confident in detecting the signs. Most of the other she-cats he had helped during pregnancy had already known when they were pregnant. It was around this point that Ravensong figured that would happen. The only reason it hadn't was because Iciclefang was young, and this was her first litter, so it would be sensible that she did not know what was going on.

"I never saw a chest infection cause vomiting. It's usually only caused by some digestive upset, from which I am certain you have none judging from the history you gave. Apart from that, some other signs make me believe that this is something else entirely." Here he glanced at Moonpaw, expecting her to take note.

He took a deep breath and felt strangely confident his ears would not be torn off with this next statement. "I am fairly certain you are pregnant, Iciclefang. You have about another half-moon before you'll have to move into the nursery."

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them" openly suffers from chronic migraines single, but "it's complicated"

Iciclefang flicks one dark ear at Ravensong’s explanation—that he’d wanted to afford her some privacy. She wants to protest, say it doesn’t matter to her what her Clanmates know or don’t know, but then he continues, voice low and ponderous. “I am fairly certain you are pregnant,” he tells her, and Iciclefang’s narrow blue eyes blow comically wide toward the corners of her face. It’s like he’s shoved her face-first into the iciest depths of the river; it’s like she’s been plunged into a snowdrift. “What?” Her jaws part, but no other sounds follow—she’s in utter disbelief.

She thinks about Stormywing’s tail twining with hers, thinks of rubbing a marbled flank against her tabby fur, thinks of the mating stone curved securely into the softness of her nest. Her throat itches and burns with embarrassment. How could she have been so careless—how could she have been so stupid, so minnow-brained?

“That can never happen,” she’d told Stormywing, and now—now look at what she has wrought.

You said I have half a moon before I must move into the nursery,” she repeats, her jaws finally snapping shut. She has just that long, then, to decide what she must do with the kits—with their other mother. It feels like an eternity. Simultaneously, it feels like the teeth of time are threatening to crunch at her tail and fleeing hindlegs. She has a fortnight to make a decision she feels could splinter her into a thousand pieces, like the fragile sharpness of her namesake.

…Thank you, for telling me privately,” she finally mutters, a touch of formality seeping back into her tone. “I… if there’s nothing else, I’m due for a patrol…” She looks from Ravensong to Moonpaw, her heart sinking through the waters of her chest like a stone cast into the river.

• ooc:
  • image0.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 20 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Cicadapaw ; previously mentored n/a
    — riverclan lead warrior. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Stormywing.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

• Sad
Reactions: waluigipinball

Moonpaw watched as Ravensong kept his eyes trained on the warrior before the two, listening as he mentioned that he had ruled out chest infection and something to do with food - the latter of the two being something she had been able to rule out herself. She was thankful for that, thankful that her training had seemed to be working even if she still felt like a fish out of water many times, flopping around as she tried to figure out what was going on. It was when he continued speaking, jumping quickly to the point that Moonpaw found her eyes torn away from her mentor and to the feline before them. Pregnant? How he could tell she didn't know, there was no way Moonpaw could look at the other and assume that was what had happened yet Ravensong had come to the conclusion seemingly so easily.

She wasn't sure whether to congratulate the other or not, the mixed emotions and curt words that came from Iciclefang's maw causing her to keep quiet. She didn't seem happy, didn't seem like this was something she had wanted, but at the same time this could simply be a surprise, something that she wasn't expecting to happen so could it be shock? She wouldn't ask, it wasn't Moonpaw's place to pry - or she was at least sure it wasn't her place, that wasn't something she needed to know to help diagnose things was it? - and instead she'd offer a small nod of her head. "If you need anything please let us know." She'd offer quietly and sincerely, tail sweeping over her own paws as she watched the lead warrior ready herself to leave, mind whirring as she reminded herself to keep an eye out in camp - Iciclefang didn't strike her as one who would ask for help until it was too late, and though she didn't want to reveal such a thing before the warrior was ready, she wanted to help make sure things were as safe as possible as well.

• 76563872_jZr368yA5Er3eOs.png
    MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    FLESH WOUNDS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥ INFECTIONS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ACHES & PAINS
    ꕥꕥꕥ ILLNESS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ BREATHING ISSUES
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ TRAVELING HERBS
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ BROKEN BONES
    ꕥꕥꕥ KITTING
    ꕥꕥꕥꕥꕥ POISONS
  • 73712454_CoST7yg1gTxVXmM.jpg