camp breath of life — moving into the nursery, rta

to be reborn , you have to die first .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
With little patience, Spiderlily had been thrilled to leave the med-den, no longer in death’s burning grasp, gone was the fear of dying so soon after giving birth to two beautiful kits and a mate that he wanted to strangle, but curl up beside in leaf bare, sharing tongues. Normalcy. Something he would have called mundane and boring, but it was the only thing he was looking forward to today, watching Softkit and Vixenkit with a watchful eye, the ghostly queen placed on paw in front of the other, sluggish as he was, but determined to do this on his own despite the watchful eye of his mate some steps behind him.

His lips curled in annoyance, overshadowed by the brief bursts of amusement within a pulsating core to pause just before he breached the nursery’s walls to peer out across camp, pinkish hues narrowing. With a hum, Spiderlily turned, tapping the ground idly with a semi-large paw, not nearly as imitating as Whitelion’s bulky frame that nearly dwarfed him in size.

It breathed in, taking in the smells of milk and honey with a curl of his tail resting lazily against his flank, the tip twitching to slip into the nursery and begin the tedious task of making one of the empty nests his own.

/ massive backtrack rip very late in getting his recovery thread up, but tada !
thought speech

—————————————————————⊰☀︎⊱————————————————————
"I'm glad you're doing better." Sunfreckle's large tabby frame filled the mouth of the den, plume tail raised high behind him. He had seen Spiderlily slink from the medicine cat den at long last and was thrilled for him, happy to know the lungwort had saved so many of the clanmates and he'd not dig another grave for some time with hope. He still feels the curve of soil tucked into the groove of each claw, no matter how much he groomed, he remembers scraping the earth and toiling away; heavy with grief and worry. Things were calmer now, for that he was most grateful and he was especially happy to be out of the nursery himself. It would've been quite crowded with himself, Leopardtongue and Spiderlily all in there at once - especially given his size and how many kits he'd had running about.
"Do you need a hand with this? I could go and fetch you some more moss, I know we cleaned everything out when I left-" He had been especially thorough with it, not wanting to leave a mess, "-but maybe some flowers for scent might be nice." A quick check with Berryheart and Hailstorm on if he could grab some mouthfuls of the wildflowers near the edge of camp first, to make sure he wasn't ruining an important herb patch. Sunfreckle didn't know the difference in medicinal plants and the ones that just smelled good.
  •  

• 57579394_y5Qft2znjLniwSo.png
    Sunfreckle
    —⊰⋅ Lead Warrior of ThunderClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Large red tabby tom w/green eyes and no left foreleg.

Wolfwind was never meant to be idle. Sickness included, she thinks she would've gone mad if she had caught that bought. She may look in appall, at all the young apprentices that had beaten themselves up; lamenting over not being useful, or whatever; but the truth was that she would've felt the very same way if she had been burdened with yellowcough. She thanks the stars that she had avoided it.

Similarly, being a queen seemed like a very particular sort of torture. She couldn't wrap her head around it, and didn't think she ever would. Wolfwind would give Spiderlily a look full of sympathy, maw twisting. " From one prison to the next... " she laments lightheartedly, tail flicking in a solemn sort of gesture behind her. Pale ears droop in mock sadness. " Try not to lose it, yeah? " Her tail would flick amusedly to Sunfreckle. " This guy barely dodged it. "
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • [ SO I RAN OUT TO THE TRACK TO GET MY CASH BACK ] WOLFWIND THUNDERCLAN LEAD WARRIOR! MENTOR 2 EMBERPAW; KIN 2 MANY.
    —— SHE / HER, CONFUSED BY BUT NOT OPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 23 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 1ST.

FRIEND TO MANY! UPBEAT AND UPFRONT. MOVES THROUGH LIFE WITH AN UPBEAT EXTERIOR AND BRIGHT EYES. MAKE NO MISTAKE! TAKES HER JOB VERY SERIOUSLY. THERE'S IMPORTANCE IN SAFETY, RECKLESSNESS ONLY GETS YOU SO FAR. ONCE A FOOL, BUT NO LONGER

. ° ✦ For the most part Bravekit had gotten used to Leopardtongue being the only queen in the nursery for pretty much all of his rearing. Spiderlily's kittens had been growing up alongside him with only a moon ahead, but Bravekit hadn't really given their father much thought. He was confined to the medicine den, a curious place that the rosette was forbidden to explore. If there had been any visitation the tom most likely wouldn't have even been aware, too busy in his own play and family.

Suddenly the bramble trembled and out came the face of several Clanmates! Bravekit ditched the tattered leaf beneath his paws and marched up to them with a puffed chest.

"Mama says only queens can be in here. So if all of you are queens now, just know THAT CORNER-" With a firm point of his paw to the corner in question, revealed an unorganized pile of random items he had collected from his outings into camp. "Is where I keep my stuff, so no stealing. That's all."
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
  • BRAVEKIT — HE/HIM ・ 2 MOONS ・ THUNDERCLAN & KIT ・ PENNED BY beatae!
    A Longhaired chocolate tabby/blue tabby chimera with deep blue eyes. Very thick coat that tangles easily. Paws that seem too big for his little body. Wide fuzzy satellite ears.

to be reborn , you have to die first .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
The ghostly tom blinked in response, mulling it over with a crinkled pinkish gaze until he nodded slowly. “Please.” He murmured, turning around fully to face the two warriors. Spiderlily had planned to do it himself, fetching moss outside, but the extra paw would be nice. Spiderlily had already become paranoid, searching for his kits that were only a few lengths away.

“Flowers would be nice.” He wondered if his skulls remained intact after the raid. I’ll just have to see. He thought, tail twitching in annoyance. If they did well, the rogues should be thankful he’d been delirious with illness, if he hadn’t, then ThunderClan would have a few more bodies to discard. “I plan to braid a few into their fur.” He spoke, mentioning Softkit and Vixenkit. It would be nice, mundane, and even, no less calming to groom their fur and braid a few flowers just before their apprentice ceremonies.

“A prison, you say?” He remarked coldly, helm tilted to stare at the warrior. “Having kits isn’t as horrible as you make it out.” He finished, gaze narrowing. Stuck in that nest, unaware was. Spiderlily remembered little of Softkit and Vixenkit’s birth and when they had first ventured out of the medicine den. “Delirious with sickness was a prison, nothing more than being close to death.” He rumbled, tail flickering, not before adding with a huff, “I wouldn’t dare.”

His gaze lingered on Bravekit, shaking his helm. “None of them are queens, Bravekit.” Not before adding, “I wouldn’t think of stealing your corner.” His tone was deadpan save for the subtle shift of amusement, glancing over at the mentioned corner. “Perhaps you’d like to join me in adding flowers to my nest.”
thought speech