private BRIGHT NEW DAY [sheeppaw]

➴➴ The midday sun shines overhead, and it is time for Gravelsnap to make good on their promise to their new apprentice. They had told Sheeppaw that they would begin training when the sun reached its highest point, and it seems that the time has come at last. The warrior has trouble dragging themself from their resting place and over to the apprentice’s side; they see Sheeppaw’s black-pointed face, but all they can think about is Thriftfeather. Their greatest failure hangs over them like a specter that follows them around wherever they go. "It’s sunhigh. Come on, I’ll be showing you around the territory." He whips his dark tail in the younger tom’s direction, an invitation to follow after him.

If the younger WindClanner follows, Gravelsnap will lead him out of camp and onto the barren, sprout-laden moorland. The fire had ravaged the territory, but new grass is beginning to show amongst the blackened earth. This should be a time of hope, another period of recovery for the clan, and yet Gravelsnap feels as though it is the beginning of a new failure. He grits his teeth, tail snapping, before returning his attention to Sheeppaw as they exit the heather tunnel of WindClan’s camp. "Are you familiar with the territory? You know the way to RiverClan, and to the barn, correct?" Had Sheeppaw been old enough during the clan’s stay at the barn to remember what it had been like, or what direction it is in? Gravelsnap cannot recall ever giving the younger feline any consideration before being assigned to be his mentor.

• ooc: @sheeppaw
  • 58921334_LvhpdhRxLH7s4eM.png
    GRAVELSNAP ❯❯ they/he, moor runner of windclan
    average-sized black and white warrior who seems smaller than he is. speaks rarely and quietly.
    sibling to slateheart
    mentoring sheeppaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

Shuffling his charcoal-dusted paws as he split his mouth into a sleepy yawn, clicking it shut as the messy furred apprentice followed his mentor. He remembers Gravelsnap saying that they'll begin training soon. He was sleeping when his mentor came and dragged him away from his comfortable nest.

He didn't want to whine about still being tired. But when he heard the words of "Showing you around the territory." spill from his mentor's mouth. He all but jumped up. Sheep-paw was excited about finally going out to see the big territory! He watched as Gravelsnap gestured him to follow, and he gladly did with a little bounce in his step.

Sheeppaw trudged after his black-and-white mentor, after they exited the heather tunnel. Letting blue eyes wander around his surroundings a small 'Oooo' escaping him. It was cool, even though some parts of the territory were a bit burnt... and ugly. Dark ears swiveled toward his mentors voice, dragging his eyes to look up at the older cat with a blink. "I'm not familiar with the territory. Uhhh, I do know the way to Riverclan since the whole y'know blazing fire stuff..." He shudders a little at the memory of the fire, and the gross smoke he inhaled. "Barn?" He scrunches his nose up a little, he doesn't remember staying at the barn. He probably was too little to remember anything specific. "If I ever went to the barn, I was too little to remember anything that happened. Sorry." The young black smoke flicked an ear, as he shrugged his shoulders at his mentor with a shake of his head.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( HEY! WHATCHA GOT? ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ SHEEPPAW. ╱ windclan apprentice.
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 6 MOONS & AGES EVERY 29TH.
    undecided / not looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a lanky, longhaired black smoke with high white and blue eyes
    thoughts ; "Speech, 8E7F7F" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like early morning dew & windblown heather
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

➴➴ Normally Gravelsnap would feel a bit guilty for waking a clanmate; now, they only feel assured. With Thriftfeather they had been too lenient, treating the younger tom as something akin to a friend rather than an apprentice. Sheeppaw will not follow in his predecessor’s pawsteps, not if Gravelsnap can do anything about it. He follows easily after the warrior, though, and they flick an ear, pleased with the apprentice’s lack of complaints. The boy seems impressed by the vast expanse of moorland around him, though Gravelsnap could understand why he might be a bit disappointed by the territory’s charred appearance. Sheeppaw looks to them, and then says he isn’t too familiar with the territory around them.

Of course, Sheeppaw had gone to RiverClan with the rest of the kits and queens. Surely the land looks different now than it had then, but Gravelsnap trusts that the apprentice could still find his way to the bridge if it ever becomes necessary. Any time spend in the barn must have been too long ago for him to remember, however. Gravelsnap nods once, turning to head in the direction of the horseplace. "Then we’ll go there first. It’s a bit of a walk, but I think you’ll enjoy it." Gravelsnap themself has grown to enjoy the barn, and so they feel obligated to show th place to their apprentice. "You are named after some of the creatures found at the horseplace. Sheep. They have thick white fur, and they are afraid of cats most of the time," they add conversationally, looking back over their shoulder.

• ooc:
  • 58921334_LvhpdhRxLH7s4eM.png
    GRAVELSNAP ❯❯ they/he, moor runner of windclan
    average-sized black and white warrior who seems smaller than he is. speaks rarely and quietly.
    sibling to slateheart
    mentoring sheeppaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

He follows after Gravelsnap, with a curiousness swimming in his eyes at the mention of barn. He's heard about the horse-sheep-barn-place from Pinkpaw when he was a kit, it sounds soooo cool! Sheeppaw watches as his mentor nods once, then turns to walk in the direction of the horseplace. They're going to the horseplace. So cool. With a chirp of "So, awesome!" leaving his dark-dusted maw. The apprentice scrambles after the black-and-white warrior.

"I don't mind walking, I want to see the vaaast sights!" While the warrior exchanges words with him. He perks up, when the feline talks about sheep. Like his namesake he was after! He vaguely remembers the time when Pinkpaw told him about sheep going 'bwahh' He can't wait to see the mysterious creature, he was named after he is very excited.

He hopes sheep also have black legs and a dark face like him! Maybe they'll be comrades in paws! Hoofs? an'... stuffs.

"I wanna see a sheep! buuut would they see that I'm also a fellow sheep? If they do–" He narrows his eyes in a squint as he thinks about what to say next. Oh! "Would the sheep not like me? What if I go 'bwaah' and then they would uhh- Ahh! I don't know!" He thumps his tail at the ground, as he makes the most pouty pout face ever. He looks up at his mentor for an answer to his flurry of questions.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( HEY! WHATCHA GOT? ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ SHEEPPAW. ╱ windclan apprentice.
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 7 MOONS & AGES EVERY 29TH.
    undecided / not looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a lanky, longhaired black smoke with high white and blue eyes
    thoughts ; "Speech, 8E7F7F" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like early morning dew & windblown heather
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone