private BRING AN OCEAN DOWN — MC MEETING

── .∘°°∘. ── The last time Wolfsong came to this place, it was in Vulturemask's pawsteps. He had told him much along the way, information Wolfsong had not predicted could lead to his place here now as a medicine cat. It is anticipation that quivers in his belly. Anticipation and interest and new life, all of it an intoxicating trove of potential. However the other clans' medicine cats receive his presence here, he cannot be stripped of what awaits him: legacy, wisdom, blood.

And StarClan must welcome him if they thought to send him such a dream of spring and blooming birth. He had not received such dreams before Sootstar looked upon him and spoke dominion into his paws.

"All will be well," he tells Sunstride at the entrance, leaning in to press their foreheads together briefly. "Our fates' end is not meant for the likes of those rogues." His voice is low, intended for Sunstride's ears alone, and he pulls away to walk where Vulturemask once did, alone in appearance only.

Wolfsong sits and closes his eye, breathing deeply. I worry I bring the kits too closely into StarClan's sight. Perhaps I will make a greater offering when we return. "I have questions." He opens his glinting eye to regard each of them evenly. "I may have answers, though I do not presume to be the most experienced among you."

//@DAWNGLARE @Fireflypaw @BERRYHEART @RAVENSONG @STARLINGHEART . @LICHENPAW @SUNSTRIDE @Magpiepaw
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 36 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge. — ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know— he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel." — ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you. — ☆☆☆☆☆ KITTING: He doesn't remember what it was like to be born. Coincidentally, that is the extent of his familiarity with kitting. At least he won't leave you without moral support.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you. — ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.

Dawnglare is already nestled close to Mother's heart by the time WindClan scent wafts through the cavern. You could make it a game— whether or not they would show. And even further, just exactly who you would see cloaked in heather as they were. Only one tonight; and a guard at Her mouth, he is sure. He adjusts his eyes to their presence easy enough, simply because he could not care for it, this time around. He could not care for the lack of a name to the face or how stark pale fur was to the pitch black tom that had once stood in his place...

Dawnglare is restless for reasons unrelated, teeth digging into the rubber of his lips. Unexpectedly and inopportunely, he feels a twinge of pity for golden tom, presumably thrust into such a position– and, well, Dawnglare would be ignoring them, for now. He clicks his tongue, eyes drifting askance to the light glow the heart of the cave provided. " A moment, " he tells them, and it's more courtesy than WindClan deserves. He is speechless for a moment, surprised by his own words, before he carries on.

" Something happened today. Not too long before the moon rose, " he says carefully. He would cast his apprentice a glance– a look that would tell them what he intends to share, if they could see, that is. " Someone collapsed. I'd thought greencough at first, but she was... " A pause; considering just how to put this in to words. He's not positive what he saw. She was there, and then she wasn't. " Well, she seemed delirious, frankly. Failed to hear a word I said. " The irritation does not set in his tone for once, leaving room for low - spoken concern. His eyes would flit to meet the others' gazes, looking for any spark of familiarity.

Foolish. They would not know anything that he did not. " This is... " Claws tap at the cold stone floor. Lips purse with an expression between thoughtful and disturbed. " unprecedented, " he finishes slowly.

• OOC:
  • ( 𝙒𝙃𝙔'𝘿 𝙄𝙏 𝙏𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙎𝙊 𝙇𝙊𝙉𝙂? ) DAWNGLARE Medicine Cat of SkyClan. Mentoring Fireflypaw
    —— He / him , deeply confused by the use of other pronouns
    —— Currently 54 moons old. Mated to Mallowlark

Unsettling and strange, Dawnglare bears a unique perception to the world and stars above on top of a generally unpleasant disposition. Holds others to uniquely impossible standards and himself undeniably above the rest.
    Currently in an era of questioning; upset and uncomfortable by things he should not be.​
    Mood is decided by dice - rolls per thread, with the exception of some important threads

• Wow
Reactions: Marquette
The RiverClan medicine cat is alone tonight as he makes the trek up to the Moonstone. The loss of Beesong weighs over his shoulders, but it is not so heavy now. WindClan is finally here, and is the odd one out this moon with a guard, but Ravensong is too tired to care about this particular quirk. His bitterness over not having WindClan representation present at his ceremony feels like kit's play now as he looks on who is the new medicine cat—WindClan seems to shed them like fleas. While his life began, Vulturemask's had ended, and Ravensong entertains the idea of an omen.

It might do good to introduce yourself. Ravensong thought sourly, but before he can birth those thoughts onto his tongue, Dawnglare speaks up and Ravensong's teeth clack together as his jaw tightens. It is difficult for Ravensong to find precedent where Dawnglare was asquick to offer any sort of help to the other medicine cats, so he quickly concludes that this sudden illness of their Clanmate is something quite serious. Yet, the description was lacking.

"You do not think it could be two conditions manifesting at once?" Ravensong spoke up quietly. He remembers his Clanmates telling him how he would shiver and huddle under the reeds, seemingly deaf and unresponsive to those around him during his worst migraines. Delirium, perhaps. Stress and ill health left him more susceptible to the headaches, how likely was it that two conditions, perhaps whitecough and some other one like his migraines, happened simultaneously, he wondered.

•  
  • IMG_0250.png
    RAVENSONG of RIVERCLAN
    LH BLACK POLYDACTYL MALE (CARRYING CINNAMON, DILUTE) a tall, slender creature with pitch-black feathery fur, large ears, and a sharply angled skull held up in an aloof manner. smells of dried herb, speaks with a low and rumbly accent and walks with an elegant slinking gait.

born in twolegplace and orphaned at a young age, he joined riverclan at its inception and began training as a drypaw warrior known for a bitter temperment until beesong made him his medicine cat apprentice. after his mentor's untimely death, he had been named ravensong at the moonstone, young heart revitalized with anger and guilt. he is a somber and thorough medicine cat that guards every word spoken in the confines of his den.

secretly loves "the stars but not so much what inhabits them"
    openly suffers from chronic migraines
    single, but "it's complicated"

As the Windclanner- another new one, with eyes clarity-blue, wheat-furred (and not a tom Berryheart found himself familiar with- spoke, Berryheart's lopsided gaze swivelled to settle upon the other, thoughtfully. I have questions, he said. Interest- though it was vague and near-unreadable in the statuesque stoniness of the tortoiseshell's neutral expression- sparked in his olivine eyes. Knowledge here was not to be guarded, he had decided. Their quarrels were not related to warrior's claws, and were instead personal- and though he knew WindClan and ThunderClan's relationship had recently soured, he had nothing against this tom.

Peepers asked for a moment- and Berryheart glanced to his apprentice for a moment, concern slightly darkening his face. This would be useful to listen to, he imagined- he blinked apologetically toward Sky-eyes, before settling his attention upon Peepers entirely. Outwardly, no reaction skittered across him when the news of an illness fled from the dawn-furred Skyclanner's maw, but concern twisted strongly in the tortoiseshell tom's gut. An illness... unprecedented, most notably. A crooked jaw parted, but closed again.

Today, Peepers had said. He sat upon his words for a few moments, as was typical. Midnight's theory sounded the most... desirable of options. Many of them were still learning new remedies each moon- to have something entirely new hurtle into them would prove exceedingly problematic. He uttered nothing- but over time, Berryheart's expression had sunken into one more obviously disturbed.
PENNED BY PIN ☾

WindClan has a new medicine cat, a golden tom with a kinder face than their last so he can not say he has much of an opinion other than being content in the knowledge that they might be more agreeable. He is sitting comfortable next to Starlingheart after walking here alongside her and their ThunderClan companions; Magpiepaw is content to hum in silence and listen when the questions come up from the SkyClan medicine cat. Curious symptoms, mysterious too if the answers eluded even the older healers - he has nothing to add as he is only beginning his learning still and has not quite gotten to the point of discussion the sickness within that one can not see with their eyes.
He leans around Berryheart's dappled form to glance at his apprentice friend, curious if Lichenpaw seems to be more attentive than him; that perhaps he was learning something different from him and was more informed on the topic but the spotted tom seemed just as tightlipped and unsure as he. Magpiepaw hums again, the noise deep in his chest and he inches from his mentor's side to get close to the WindClan cat to examine with wide-eyed intrigue over the next star cursed fool to be thrown into the moorland.
"What happened to your eye?" He asks, inquisitive and ignoring the others as they debate the sickness Dawnglare so worried over, with nothing to add he was happy to indulge in his curiousities.

• Haha
Reactions: WOLFSONG

62674583_a1uqbVYTf6PRrfE.gif
Like many of the others, she too has noticed the new face that arrives in WindClan's place. Wolfsong. At first she thinks that perhaps it is a mistake, the scarred tom looked more fit for a battle field than a herb-filled den after all. But who was she to judge? Still, she cannot help but feel a twinge of sadness as she looks back upon this new cats predacessors. She had liked Vulturemask and Dandelionwish, but WindClan cannot seem to keep a hold on any one cat. Silently, she finds herself wondering how long this one would last but immediately regrets the thought.

She is about to utter a greeting but it seems as if SkyClans medicine cat has more pressing matters to attend to. He is quick to list off symptoms and Starlingheart finds herself backing away from the tom, scared of catching whatever it was this warrior had, stars forbid he was contagious and she brings home this mystery illness to her kits. Making a silent note to wash her paws on the way home she says "Ha-have you tried uhm catmint yet?" She remembers that that was what had caused WindClan to raid SkyClan's camp, remembers the desperate look in Dandelionwishes eyes as he begged to the SkyClanner to spare whatever he could. She remembers the cold way Dawnglare had said no. "Or-or feverfew, I have no catmint but- but if you need any feverfew I could- I could spare some" she would not withold herbs if she had some to spare, no matter who it was asking for them.

Her apprentice's voice speaks up then, quietly asking the WindClanner what had happened to his eye. Her whiskers twitch in amusement but her snow tipped tail flicks across the toms mouth. "D-Don't be rude Magpiepaw" she says quietly, but there is no scorn held in her voice and she would not stop Wolfsong from answering if he wanted. She would be lying if she said she too wasn't curious, after all.

── .∘°°∘. ── It is here that Wolfsong remembers Mallowlark and his behavior at the Gatherings of the past, namely the clear...intimacy with SkyClan's medicine cat. Perhaps I should ask him how Mallowlark fares. Where else might that grinning face have gone? But his curiosity is, for the time-being, of less importance, as the larger feline begins to speak of an illness he does not recognize. It is concerning indeed if it should be of note for one so long a medicine cat.

The RiverClanner asks a pertinent question. ThunderClan's healer is quiet, while ShadowClan's makes an offer of herbs. "I have catmint," he volunteers in his usual rasp, though before he can speak further, the apprentice with her fixes Wolfsong with a question he has not heard yet. Its suddenness is amusing, doubly so because of how far it strays from the current subject.

His remaining eye studies the young ShadowClanner. He is dark-pelted. How fitting he should so resemble his home. "I do not mind," he says when Starlingheart chides him, smiling. "I lost it to the talons of a great, winged corpse-feeder, darker than your fur and its beak sharper than any cat's fang." He blinks slowly, pausing briefly before continuing. "It stole my eye when I was but a kit, and sometimes if I concentrate, I can see the warm shadows of its innards and hear its feathers in the gales." A chuckle and he's shaking his head. "It makes for an entertaining story, though I think there are far more interesting questions to be discussed now." The truth is both less and far more colorful, but I do not care to speak of it with a bellyful of kits.
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 36 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge. — ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know— he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel." — ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you. — ☆☆☆☆☆ KITTING: He doesn't remember what it was like to be born. Coincidentally, that is the extent of his familiarity with kitting. At least he won't leave you without moral support.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you. — ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.