private BRING IT IN ✧ splashpaw

cascadepaw

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
Apr 27, 2024
The new apprentice of Riverclan seems to be settling in okay. Well... As best as one could after their whole life was uprooted... She realizes shes never really asked of the apprentices backstory- not that it matters now, anymore, seeing as shes a Riverclanner through and through and Lichenstar had apparently... brought her here? Well, if Lichenstar had brought her... There must be a good reason to do so! Maybe shes one of the queens long lost kitten... Or maybe shes secretly a spy from Shadowclan! Whatever it was, Cas wouldn't dwell on it.

Splashpaw (thats her name now, right?) passes by her when she's rearranging her little pile and in a shy, excited fashion, Cas blurts out, "H-Hey, uhm, hi! Come here, for a sec..." and she mentally smacks herself for sounding too happy about this, a nervous smile gracing her lips as long ears flatten. "Uhm..." well, now that she has her attention, she had forgotten any of the speech she had prepared! She struggles for a moment to regain control before she sighs. "Sorry... Uh- Okay, have you decorated your nest yet? It's a Riverclan tradition." she speaks quietly then cringes when she realizes she sounds like shes accusing Splashpaw of not following their traditions! "I.. Well, I have wayyy too many shells. And uhm, if you'd like... I'd like to give a few to you, to put in your nest." she moves her tail, that had previously covered her shell pile when Splashpaw passed by, to reveal many little color-sorted piles besides her. "I think, uh... This one would match your eyes. And this one... Kind of looks like you." she picks out a blue shell, as well as a black speckled one. Cascade is extremely particular about her shell colors and so shes glad she has a whole bunch to potentially give away.

She swallows hard at the effort to keep up a coherent conversation without saying sorry eight hundred times. "And uh, I have some flowers in my nest too... They're softer, if you prefer those." Stars, she sounds so weird. She doesn't have many friends in Riverclan and she feels so... weird, that she jumped at a chance to befriend someone from outside. Maybe its easier that way. Maybe its easier to start from a blank slate? She wonders how Splashpaw feels about all of this...

• @splashpaw
  • cascadekit, cascadepaw
    cisgender female ,, she/her ,, 06 moons
    apprentice of riverclan ,, mentored by drizzlewave
    blue smoke / blue lynx point chimera with blue eyes & low white
    "speech, #6FB2C3" ,, thoughts
    unknown sexuality ,, single
    smells like faint vanilla & fresh rainfall
    penned by chuff