bull by the horns [open - training]

johnny.png

HE SAID, "WELL MY NAME'S JOHNNY, AND IT MIGHT BE A SIN
BUT I'LL TAKE YOUR BET, AND YOU'RE GONNA REGRET, CUZ IM THE BEST THERE'S EVER BEEN."

OOC- feel free to throw our apprentices in if you want! @>Scorchedpaw @Auburnflame @sparrowpaw!

Johnnyflame led their small group through the pine woods with a bounce in his steps, eager to reach their destination. He and Auburnflame had decided that it was a perfect day to do some training with their apprentices, and after a bit of discussion it became apparent that the best place for them to do their training that day would be the Rockpile, particularly for what Johnny had in mind.

When Scorchedpaw had first told him what sort of training Laikafur and him had undergone, the bobtail hadn't exactly been surprised to hear that his fellow warrior had been too afraid to teach the boy anything about climbing. It was probably difficult training a cat that didn't quite work the way you yourself did, which was why Johnny had spent the better half of the morning falling out of trees while trying to make jumps with one eye closed.

He'd learned, very quickly, the importance of a little something called 'depth perception'.

He wasn't entirely convinced it was hopeless though, even if Johnnyflame himself hadn't been able to land any of the jumps cleanly. There were far more factors to consider before he was willing to tell Scorchedpaw it wasn't doable.

When the Rockpile finally came into view, Johnny would bring the group to a stop.

"Okay! We'll probably run you through a couple drills while we're here, but this first one is going to be of importance to you in particular, Scorchedpaw." explained the tabby, molten gaze landed on the younger tom. "One of the things that makes climbing dangerous for you is that it's harder to tell just how far you need to actually jump to get to where you need to be. I'm not convinced that means it can't be done, though."

Padding forward, the bobtail lept up smoothly to balance atop on of the rocks. "Every day to warm up for training, we're going to come out here so you can practice jumping from rock to rock. I want to see what kind of improvement- if any- we see over time." the tom explained.

He wasn't sure if Auburnflame planned to have Sparrowpaw run the same warm-up or not, so he let the other choose what instructions to give their own student.

"Get to it, now! I'll be watching from here!" he encouraged with a grin, eager to see what Scorchedpaw was capable of.

Untitled402_20230516195138.png