BUMMERLAND ✶ FOALKIT

original litter application said:
COLTKIT / FILLYKIT
(alt names: aster / stallion/mare, goat / peat, cinder, phoebe)

SWIRL IN THE WHITE EVENING SUN
TELL ME THAT I'M THE ONLY ONE

FUTURE TUNNELER | COTTONSPRIG x FOXGLARE
AMAB HE / HIM | FUTURE TRANS GIRL

87108784_F6pO3kb1y5aBtos.png
FRECKLED BLACK SMOKE WITH BICOLORED EYES
LH black smoke w/ low white. carrying dilute, chocolate, non-silver, point.

Even just from a glance, there is no question as to Coltkit's ancestry. He is the spitting image of both mother and aunt, a lingering echo of his grandmother before. There is never any reason to question his origins, a blessing to both sisters and their secret-burdened hearts.

He is a slight thing, the smallest of Cottonsprig's kits. Dwarfed by his sister's size, Coltkit is skinny and awkward, a bulk of fur the only thing hiding his frail body. His overlarge ears are tufted white, with a mane to match and a shaggy tuft of dark fur draping over his eyes. At birth - before his pt has time to grow - he is a tiny and thin-limbed creature, earning him his name. He seems always impossibly more youthful than he is, baby-faced and bounding with energy.

In color, Coltkit is darker than any of the smoky-pelted cats before him. Shaggy black drapes across his back, muddled into deep grays. A trace of his mother's pelt peeks out around his belly, downy ashen fur brushing the tips of the grass. The dark is dappled with white freckles, like scattered stars strewn about his face and shoulders.

One of the kit's eyes remains blue while the other fades into a soft green - as if in imitation of his supposed mother. Both are sightless, pupils clouded. His shaggy fur hides them more often than not, but he never seems to mind.

• Coltkit. Named by Cottonsprig after the young horses which race the moors; perhaps a glimpse of some late-season foals inspired her? Regardless, it is a name which she chooses for what it represents. Youth, joy, swiftness. Freedom, the kind which she longs for, and hopes to gift to her child.

And it is clear from the start that the blessing is well received. Coltkit comes into the world bright and carefree, oblivious to the tumultuous circumstance of his birth. The newborn stumbles through the world on over-eager legs, laughing at his own failures and taking all the world in stride. Though small and sightless, he holds all the warmth and boldness of the sun within his chest. He won't let anything hold him back.
  • POSITIVE
    easygoing
    energetic
    precocious
    NEUTRAL
    sardonic
    playful
    competitive
    NEGATIVE
    cocky
    insensitive
    cowardly

Coltkit is a child born with something to prove. He feels it in the very marrow of his bones even before he knows of the looming shadow of his grandmother. He knows it even before he realizes that he is different, in a way that makes older cats fret. And yet, never does this knowledge weigh on him. Blown raspberries and snort-laughs tumble easily from the kit's maw. A petulant child, he takes on all the world as a challenge - and one he is certain to win. He has all the time in the world to do it.

Much unalike his adoptive mother, Coltkit never seems to take anything seriously. He bounds through the moorland camp carefree and aimless, willing to let life take him where it will. A smile adorns his face more often than not, friendly and jovial to the point of being obnoxious. He grows quickly, learns quickly - and as he starts to realize this he becomes quick to boast, quick to show off to other kits. He teases them incessantly, lets returned jabs roll off of his back. Reminders to behave himself from his mother are met with rolled eyes, before long.

(The growing whispers of legacy from clanmates are met with incredulous laughter. He's not worried, he says, when asked in hushed tones about his grandma. He's wayyyy cooler than that old hag already.)

He knows he has something to prove. He knows that he is not proving it.

Eventually, the other kits will start to catch up to him. Eventually, he'll realize that he does have limits. The looming shadow of legacy will take root in his chest, keep him awake at night. He'll be better. He'll prove everyone wrong, he has to. When this comes, he will try to keep that smile unwavering. He will avoid anything he is not perfect at, to avoid showing any cracks. He can't fail; he can't afford to. He will push himself and push himself, until eventually he finds that that kithood over-confidence has created an impossible standard that no cat could ever meet. He is his own worst enemy, in the end.

But for now, he shines like sunlight.

I won't let anything hold me back, he declares with a laugh.

• BLINDNESS: Insert fun plot here

TRANSITION: Insert fun plot here

PARENTAGE: Insert fun plot here

LEGACY: Insert fun plot here

BURNOUT: Insert fun plot here

• 86977438_sozbAGprHOqPVQd.png

OOC
    ✶ fillykit would be my secondary windclanner, with vulturepaw remaining a priority!! my monthly goal would be 5 posts
    ✶ to ensure i can keep both characters active, i'll be looking to put her in threads that vult would not fit in (games, tunneling, chill social threads, etc)
    ✶ i plan to focus heavily on worm development!! i've got a general dev outline here, but without any concrete timeline. will be letting IC plots decide most of the course of her life :]
    ✶ additionally, i will be rolling for skills and moods to keep things fresh!
    ✶ i'm using "he" / "coltkit" for IC stuff & "she" / "fillykit" for OOC, sorry if that's consfusing </3
    ✶ yes ik that there's already a coltkit in thunderclan. dw she won't keep that name for long

AESTHETIC
    vinyls, skateboards, hazy polaroids. fuzzy summer nostalgia, faded rainbow stickers. beat up converse & ripped jeans, poorly dyed hair. collections of buttons, pins, stickers, trinkets. eyes closed & headphones on, imagining you're anywhere else. PINTEREST.

PALLETE
    █ #ce6355 █ #e3a960 █ #E2D9A2 █ #afbd8e █ #789F8A █ #4f929a

INSPIRATIONS
    ✶ Jessica "Dirtbag Jess" Telephone
    ✶ Gideon Nav
    ✶ Richie Tozier
    ✶ Older sister in a disney channel movie who calls the main character a "major dweeb"