camp burn it all down to ash // private for now

Mar 26, 2023
ALL GROWN UP NOW BUT IM CONFUSED
WE DIDN'T TURN OUT THE WAY WE WANTED TO

sleekserpent & 18 moons & genderfluid & he/she/they & thunderclan warrior

65650054_mOfSkE7MQ4CFfJP.jpg
With Howlingstars announcement at the meeting, Sleekserpent feels a sense of accomplishment - of relief. No longer does thunderclan have to waste time and resources on deadweight. He thinks to share his thoughts with his friend - the mouse he drops idly at her paws upon his return from patrols an absentminded habit by now. " I'm glad, " comes soft voice, steady in it's resolve, though she pauses for a moment to clean the dirt from her paws - a look of distaste flashing across her pale features. " - that Howlingstar finally saw reason and sent the kittypets away, " they continue, failing to notice that she doesn't seem to share their sentiments.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

B O Y S D O N ' T C R Y A N D I W O N ' T T O O

Sleekserpent's company was one welcome and, these days, routinely. Badgerstripe looks forward to his return from patrols and his inevitable approach to her - it made her believe that she was someone worth being around. She greets her friend with a smile, small yet genuine. Beneath lies the plethora of worries that have bothered her for many days, now, only amplified by the recent meeting..

She worries about the outcasted kittypet-born cats like she worried about any ThunderClan blood. What awaits them so far from camp? Would they come back home to the safe and welcoming community they once knew? Would they make it home at all?

Badgerstripe wishes, above all, that things wouldn't have come to this. The sight of Pebblestep's body remains ingrained in her mind, just like the others before him. All too young, too innocent - none of which deserved their fate. It would have easily solidified her stance next to their defenders - she cannot, in good conscious, remain civil with those that would kill a cat for whence they were born.

But yet.. she does. At least, a little. Badgerstripe is all too aware of Sleekserpent's views on such things, having been an unwilling witness (and sometimes hesitantly taking part of) the gossip he shares with the exiles and their friends. At least, he's quiet enough about it to not really make her as nervous as the others do. Or, maybe she's simply viewing them through a rose-colored lens. Whatever it is, she keeps Sleekserpent close and seeks to protect them, as if she can save them from this dishonorable fate yet.

I'm glad, Sleekserpent begins, and Badgerstripe anticipates something lovely. Glad for a good hunt. Glad for her company. But what comes next dwindles her smile, and she finds herself.. confused, even after everything they've said before. " Glad is a strange way to put it, " she comments slowly, carefully, as if she's dancing around a lit fuse. Her confusion quickly turns to disbelief, then to annoyance.

" Well, I for one, am glad that they are safe, " Badgerstripe mews back with a tight voice. Masked behind a casual rebuttal is a challenge and an accusation - as if she is daring him to disagree, and yet still hoping they will not. " I hope we can provide a safe home for our clanmates to return to. Don't you think? " The smile she presents now feels fake upon her own lips, and she searches Sleekserpent's eyes for some sort of recognition or sincerity, hoping that they simply slipped up and did not truly think of something so.. horrible.

badger-redesign-removebg-preview.png
BADGERSTRIPE ( she/her )​

( ooc ) text