private BURY ME IN THE GARDEN — figfeather

✿—— the crowd that built after dawnglare's terrible announcement has dissipated, finally—after endless tears and the sickly smell of death-herbs filling the air, cats coming and going to pay their respects as bobbie sat, silent in the greenleaf air that had gone so suddenly cold. it haunts her now, when she should be getting back up for a patrol, for something, anything to distract her from the sound of figfeather's scream shattering the air in two; sunrises later, in a far bleaker future, she will remember this moment. remember that scream as what seemed to cleave the world from a sweet, safe greenleaf into the illness that followed. for now, though, she only recalls the marmalade tabby slumped on the earth, sobbing in unabashed grief.

thinking back, the moons have been as unkind to figfeather as they've been to her—she knows of daisyflight, lost to the shelter, by word of mouth. that's all she'll know of the other cat, she realizes, never able to meet the one who'd apparently once served as a deputy moons ago. and of course she remembers snowpath's death, remembers giving birth to her kits trembling in the ferns not even a sunrise later, the nursery crushed beneath the tree that had ended his life. for the golden tabby to lose her mentor, too? she'd be loath to blame figfeather for the anguished scream she'd released. so now she finds white-tipped paws making their shaky way across camp towards wherever the young warrior has retreated to, stepping hesitantly.

"figfeather?" she mews softly, green eyes searching the other cat's face for any sign of a want to be alone, a desire for bobbie to go away that she'd quickly heed. when it seems as though figfeather will accept her presence, she steps carefully closer and speaks, "i ... i just wanted to check up on y-you, i guess. i can't imagine losing - losing someone that close to me," stars above, she'd nearly said blazestar, where had that come from? bobbie pushes away the thought, adds with clear hesitation, "do, uh, do you want to ta-talk about it?"

• ooc: @FIGFEATHER :-)
  • 68403446_KpQyDZrn5ORVKjb.png
  • ❀ bobbie — for her kithood love of bobby pins
    she/her ; cisgender female — skyclan — queen — 40 ☾s
    —— smells like sweet lavender & pine needles ; sounds like sansa stark ; speech in #D64933, thoughts in #B1C797
    —— peaceful / healing powerplay permitted ; attacks/contact in underline ; won’t start fights ; will flee ; will show mercy ; won't kill or maim
    —— pansexual panromantic monogamist, divorced, not looking ; open to friendships, enemies, casual interactions, plotting ; not open to unplanned romance & unplanned battles
    penned by dejavudesklamp9 on discord for plots
  • shhh don't look here (battle info will go here at some point)

Last edited: