private but i've got to know &. beesong

L

LAUGHINGSTALK.

unbelievable. to think that they hadn't truly had time to talk with beesong, other than a few stupid injuries of their own making them end up within the medicine cat den. this just would not do! not at all! no no! he had to make sure that they knew each other. with a cat that handsome... ah well, of course laughingstalk had to get to know him. shaking out their pelt, the felidae pranced right into the medicine cat den, head tilted with a grin.

"oh, beesong!!! it's time for a joke! a rhyme or riddle! something funny! you'll laugh your tail right off!! but... not in here. we gotta go outta camp! come on, buzz buzz! adventure awaits!"

rushed but !! @BEESONG
[ FEELS LIKE YOU DON'T CARE ]

• Love
Reactions: BEESONG
beesong doesn't think much of laughingstalk's frequent visits to his den, aside from that the other tom seems to be one of the clumsier cats of riverclan. he certainly doesn't think that the warrior is purposefully trying to injure himself in the goal of seeing beesong. and if someone had told him as much, he would laugh while telling them what a horrible joke it is.

today, laughingstalk visits again. beesong focuses on their grin, mirroring it with a small smile of their own. (how does he manage to be so effortlessly happy? or are they simply a better liar than beesong is?) "hey, laughingstalk. which paw trod upon a thorn, today?" it would've been a joke, if they had not moved towards their storage for their dock. but, laughingstalk stops them. exclaims that it is time for a joke. that he'll make beesong laugh their tail right off. to this, they snort, making a show of wriggling their stump of a tail. "i think you're a bit late for that. you can try talking my other ear off, though." their voice is airy as ever, in spite of the semi-dark joke they've made. their remaining ear flicks as if on cue, following after laughingstalk with a hum. "alright, alright. i'm buzzing." a jest towards laughingstalk's word choice, no doubt in relation to their namesake.

• Love
Reactions: LAUGHINGSTALK.
the felidae offered a grin, their face light up with excitement as they lashed their tail. sure, they were clumsy, but for all the right reasons! if they even got a little tiny giggle from someone, it meant that he was doing good. he was being the fool his mother and father said that he would only ever be. they didn't realize ( or perhaps they did. maybe it was just easier to believe that they didn't ) that their parents had meant it in a negative light. besides... what was so bad about making other cats laugh?

"no thorn today, my honey bee! jus' a log full of chuckles!"

their body freezes for a moment, nose twitching before they turned back towards beesong, faking a frown.

"ah, what!? you 'aven't heard the punchline yet, and you've already laughed yer tail right off?! no fair!"

they hold their paw against their muzzle before chuckling again, nudging their companion with a gentle smile on their face.

"i could talk yer ear right off but i... i think cats prefer laughin', right? that's what mommy dearest used tah say. if i'm not good fer nothin', i'm certainly good at bein' laughed at!"

as terrible as it sounded, laughingstalk didn't think of it like that. ( at least not out loud ). he only shrugged at the thought, heading out and letting beesong follow.

"didya need anythin' while we are gone? we can certainly pick it up before i make ya drop to the floor."
[ FEELS LIKE YOU DON'T CARE ]
[/box