private BY THE BLADE ⁺˖⋆ palepaw's assessment

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ the day droned on as nightbird waited for the arrival of dusk, patrols kept her busy until then. it was time for palepaw's assessment, the girl would be a warrior upon the next cycle of the moon if all went accordingly. she had little doubts. lightstrike had passed under her tutelage, duskbird as well, and palepaw was every bit as determined and skilled as the toms that had come before her.

it wouldn't be too difficult, she had decided. certainly not as complicated as the two she had conducted before, in all but formalities palepaw was ready for her warrior name. still, she would not let the apprentice earn it so easily. hunting in leafbare was a challenge as is, tracking down something specific amongst an already small pool of prey even more so.

"palepaw," she greeted as the young molly met her outside of the camp entrance. the moon gave little light shielded by the clouds, but snow brought a brightness to the forest around them in its place. "you're going to be hunting tonight. i need a rabbit presented to me by moonhigh." they were no windclanners, but a hare was a rare find in the forest. their grey fur would blend into dirtied snow, it would be a difficult catch to find let alone complete.

"be wary of the deer, i last spotted them close to the great sycamore earlier but they may have moved by now." she offered, while not a terrifyingly dangerous threat by appearance, a herd of them had taken a thunderclan warrior not long ago. it would be a pity of palepaw could not receive her name in life. "i'll be watching, do well."
  • ooc ↛ @Palepaw
  • IMG_0303.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 30 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a single white paw and pale silver eyes.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / mentor to palepaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.