pafp can it be taken as fact 𖥸 family ties

mottledpaw

oh could i be the sky
Mar 15, 2024
mottled-cut.png
· · ───────────── ·𖥸· ───────────── · ·
There was something bothering Mottledkit. Had been for awhile now, the way her mother interacted with others in the family and how it sometimes mimicked the kind of closeness she had with her sisters. The tortoiseshell didn't mind the fact her mother had family, that would be silly... and impossible, right? But it felt... incorrect somehow. Uncle Skyclaw had a lot of stories to tell about her mother that Mottledkit isn't even sure he's old enough to be telling- how did he know so much about her momma when she was young? How long had they known each other?

Leaning against Scarletkit, out of laziness more than anything, the kitten stares up at the roof of the nursery with brows furrowed in serious thought. This just wasn't adding up. Skyclaw was her uncle... and her mother's friend. Burnstorm too, had some sort of relationship with her and parroted the title of uncle. Why? What was it that gave them the right to that title? Did Moonwhisper just not have very many friends? Were all friends uncles and aunties to babies?

"Is Burnstorm and Skyclaw everyone's uncle," she asks her sister, trying to connect some elaborate dot from any of the apprentices to her family. "Then they'd have to be our family too... so no? Has they been uncles the whole time? Lightstrike's dad so he can't be uncle. But they were friendses before we were babies... can friendses be dads and uncles?" The longer she tries to talk through it the more convoluted and confusing the whole thing seems... Maybe they'd be better off interrogating the supposed family members... or the warriors and apprentices that know them.

"We should start... an.... an investi-gray-shun. Yeah... Ask some questions...."

[ you know when... when kids realize their uncles/aunts are their parent's siblings and for some reason that's like, really upsetting information because why didnt you tell me you had siblings? because they dont realize uncle/aunt means... someone who is siblings to your parents.... ? yeah... yeah... ]

@Scarletkit

Scarletkit peels open her eyes as her sister begins to ramble, her brows furrowing as she tries to listen and decipher what she means. Uncles, and family, and dads, and friends. “Huh?” She murmurs back sleepily, eyes beginning to roll shut again before Mottledkit tells her they’re going to go start an investigation. Sighing, she opens her eyes again and sits up, rubbing at her face to try and wake herself up. “But how are we gonna do that?” She asks her, looking outside the nursery as she places her paw back on the ground. She’s not so wrapped up in this as her littermate is, but she supposes she’ll help. She doesn’t want to be left out of anything exciting, and besides, she likes her uncles. If she can get to go play with them a little while, she’ll like that very much!

Burnstorm and Skyclaw everyone's uncle...

Ears twitched, green eyes sliding open. He was curled up against his siblings, nose pressed against the fur of his mother as Mottledkit and Scarletkit mumble to one another, pressed tightly together- though it seemed, the longer that Beetlekit squinted and stared at them (going unnoticed, totally), the more tripped up Mottledkit got with her theory. A hot breath left him, shifting around, laying his head back on Roeflame.

Eyes slid shut, trying to get some more sleep, but that before Scarletkit murmured about how they're going to do that. Ugh. Why don't they just sleep? His thoughts dwelled for a moment longer, before his head picked up, turning to look towards them. He pushed to his paws, stretching before speaking towards the sisters. "Burnstorm isn't an uncle. He's my dad." His eyes nearly rolled as he stepped towards them, then pushed past Mottledkit into camp.

He squinted at the light, turning his head to stare back at them. "Well? Let's go ask Dad what he is, since Mottledkit is talking all crazy." He said, thumping a paw impatiently.

—————---***I DON'T START FIGHTS BUT***————---

•  
  • LH black smoke with green eyes. scruffy looking with a very solid build.
    2 moons old; ages the 16th every month
    tba orient. ; currently not looking
    child of BURNSTORM and ROEFLAME
    thunderclan ; loyal to FAMILY
    medium to befriend ; trusts family mostly, trusts little otherwise
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ Sparrowkit was resting against Flamewhisker's swollen belly for a nap when the other kits started chirping about their family. Contrasting brown ears swiveled towards them and the kitten lifted his head, intrigued. "Burnstorm and Skyclaw are not my uncles," he mewed his input. "But Auntie Roeflame is my Auntie. But she's not my mom's sister. She's not Flamewhisker's sister, either. But also, Flamewhisker isn't my real mom." His mouth runs at several tail-lengths an hour. Boy, could he talk about family!

"Can I come with?" It was not Sparrowkit's family, so there was nothing to gain - but he was lonely without his own littermates, gradually growing envious of the other kittens in the nursery. He would do next to nothing to play with them and be friends.

• thunder-kit-transparent.png
    SPARROWKIT he/him, thunderclan kitten, 4 moons.
    a long-furred white tom with chocolate markings on his ears, tail, and a heart-shaped mark on his flank.
    loner heritage. adopted son of FLAMEWHISKER
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.