candlelit smile ⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆ poppypaw

⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆  Swansong's new status has not changed her penchant for drowsiness, her focus on the softer things in life. She lounges now in camp, laid back in a nice calm spot he has found. She has quite a talent for that. Some may find it lazy, but she pays them no mind. These quiet moments make all the strain of hunting worth it. A bleary sort of rest, hazy and bright. Yet made all the more warm by company; her eyes alight upon the sight of what she might dare to call her dearest friend. "Ah, Poppypaw!" calls the wispy molly, seeing a crimson form cresting the horizon.

They do not lift to their feet, but rather beckon with a paw. "Come, I've found a nice sunny spot. It'd make me quite happy for you to join me..." They offer a small smile, feeling a warmth not merely from the sunlight flood their chest as the other approaches.

• @POPPYPAW
  • 65035420_GiaBine7dcKpkS2.png

"SPEECH"
  • SWANPAW ☁︎ she / they, apprentice of shadowclan, thirteen moons.
    a pale, silky-furred cream tabby with droopy blue eyes.
    dreamy and detached, more ghost than cat. known for her perpetual sleepiness.
    halfshade x smogmaw, littermate to applepaw, garlicpaw, & ashenpaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁 Her friend had left, or at least she had kept quiet for quite a while, their ears only picking up voices in the wind or between the brief breaths of frogsong surrounding them. They supposed they'd upset her, or disappointed the leadership of the spirit in some way that kept their childhood companion turned away from them. Poppypaw supposed they were never quite skilled at deciphering the twisting, untraceable gusts of emotion within other cats, even Starclanners. All was well, though, they were strong enough in both faith and wit to pad alone when they must.

Besides, they were not left alone so often these days.

Swansong was something like a permanent fixture of moonlight upon their consciousness, serene and as discerning of the darkness that lapped at the world of the living as they were. It was no mere coincidence they would both be well acquainted with fickle Death and his many inconsideracies, rather it was plain to Poppypaw's ghost-pale eyes that their fates were tied very closely together. It was for this reason that she found herself by the other's side whenever the chance presented itself. The warming within her chest was merely an extra gift.

Speaking of gifts...

"Swansong...!" they purred, feeling as soft and airy as the imagery the name upon their tongue evoked, "Your timing is perfect as always, I was about to seek you out as well." They approach, unable to help themself from heeding the whim of the pale feline, and press a nose to the silken expanse of their fur. "I will join you shortly, if you would not mind having patience for another moment longer," Poppypaw mews, and if Swansong gives her approval, she leaves for her nest in the apprentice's den and returns promptly with something in her jaws.

A rat skull, cleaned meticulously and sun-bleached, is placed next to where the subject of her affection lounges. More unique about this rat skull was the red bit of twoleg-material that wrapped and tangled itself in and around the bone, thin and thready like spider silk but sturdier, and as red as fresh blood. "I've fashioned this for you..." They'd taken a bit of time to put together their gift, a token of congratulations for their new name and identity, and perhaps something of a talisman. She hoped that some of their affection attached itself to the object in a way the other could recognize.

"...I hope it is to your liking."

• OOC:
  • poppykit - poppypaw
    — agender they/she. 12mo apprentice of shadowclan
    — questioning affections. friend to all.
    — a tiny, fluffy white and dark red tabby cat with pale, wraithlike blue eyes
    — smells like mushrooms, dust, and foggy night air
    — deaf in left ear, may display asthma-like symptoms of "long-yellowcough"
    — sounds like lain iwakura, with a flat yet gentle high-pitched tone
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack, 'poppypaw'
    — penned by eezy
  • disclaimer: poppypaw is not always operating completely within reality! they are affected by some delusions and may see, hear, react to, and interact with things that are not actually there. most notably, she will believe herself to have interactions with starclan as a whole and specifically, the deceased shadowclan apprentice Poppypaw. these are not reflective of ic reality and are not real interactions with starclan or deceased characters! this is not an attempt at powerplaying, godmodding, or metagaming.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Swansong

⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆  Poppypaw's voice rings through the air like a symphony, the soft purr seeping warmth into Swansong's chest. Her voice comes featherlight in return, feeling the press of a gently cold nose into downy fur. "A fated meeting then, perhaps?" the ghostly feline purrs, half-lidded eyes meeting ghostly pale blues much alike her own. The thread that ties them feels stronger by the day. They are linked, inextricably, courting one another in a macabre dance. Two cats who sit somewhere just short of the living's domain, both gifted one another so that they might not be so lonely in their fates.

The sanguine prophet's request is met graciously by her wispy companion. "Ah, of course... Time does not press upon us, my patience holds as long as you need..." they murmur. Patience is a good friend to Swansong, and she is content to watch as Poppypaw slips away to the apprentice den.

And her patience is rewarded; she brightens as the other returns. "Oh...!" slips from a pale maw, soft blues glittering with delight. The offering is placed before her, the gift that was prophecied. It is bleach-white and brittle, a sunclaimed skull more delicate than the first breath of spring. Glinting ivory teeth are wrapped in a cloaking of thread, red as intestines and far more graceful. A mirror image of the mutilated spiderfluff bear she herself had gifted them, careful crimson wrappings adorning its alabaster form. "What a wondrous treasure..." She hovers a delicate paw before it, leaning in close. Here lies the closing of the exchange, the thread that ties the two cats in all its bleeding-heart glory. "And woven with such a careful touch... Oh, Poppypaw, I shall cherish it..." Her normally distant eyes spark with a rare brightness as they meet her friend's. It might seem a strange gift to some, but Swansong could not be more delighted.

• 81294824_mjXd5ejx6RrZPyn.png
  • SWANSONG ⋆⁺₊ ⁺₊⋆ she / they, warrior of shadowclan, fourteen moons.
    a pale, silky-furred cream tabby with tired blue eyes.
    dreamy and detached, known for her perpetual sleepiness.
    halfshade x smogmaw, littermate to applejaw, garlicheart, & ashenfall.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.