private CANIS LUPUS ⁺˖⋆ LAUGHBLOSSOM

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ her tenure in the nursery had certainly made rallying support for flamewhisker more difficult. she couldn't seek out clanmates without suspicion, her spot on howlingstar's council already placing unwanted eyes onto her. she'd been lucky to see vilefury passing by, to awake to rowanthorn tending to the nursery.

it would seem her luck had not fizzled completely just yet, a sliver of chocolate fur approaching the nursery entrance, mouth full of moss. quickly, she ushered her kittens away to tansyshine. she'd have to be quick before they came crawling back to her side.

as laughblossom drops off the wet clump of growth, nightbird speaks up before he has the chance to depart. "stay a moment," the queen requests, shifting up in her nest to sit, closer to the warrior's ear so that she may speak quietly. the other two were less attached to skyclaw's group of traitors, but laughblossom had kin on the wrong side of this treason. she could only hope that wouldn't be enough to muddle his judgement on the matter. "we will not live this way for long, flamewhisker has a plan." nightbird mutters idly, ear angled to focus on the nursery entrance in case someone were to enter. "when the time comes, will she have your support?"
  • ooc ↛ @LAUGHBLOSSOM
  • BvsNLyD.png
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 35 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes. currently a queen residing in the nursery.
    mate to raccoonstripe / / currently mentoring none.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here
    penned by vayle@vayl3 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

𓇢𓇢 Since their home was overrun by miscreants and other such murderous beasts, Laughblossom has not done much. He cannot possibly combat them, after all; keeping his head down and slipping through the shadows, skirting the edges of conversation. He is no bold, defiant cat, not at all. The chocolate tabby would be loath to admit to his own cowardice, but it is a truth no matter how deeply he buries it. He finds his way by performing whatever tasks are asked of him, and today he happens to be tasked with delivering moss to the nursery. It is a thankless task, but one that he does without complaint. Laughblossom does not laugh, as his name implies, but he does manage to smile even as Nightbird shoos away her litter of small beasties. Before he can turn to leave, the queen requests that he stays, only for a moment. "Yes, m’lady?" He dips, just a bit, before jerking back up to his full height. His eyes hold questions that he doesn’t ask, because he assumes the lead warrior will talk when she wishes to. And he will listen.

When Nightbird speaks, it is not what the tom expects. He had braced for a request for more manual labor, or a quest to fetch something for her. Not… not this. Startled, he gapes at her before schooling his face into an expression notably less befuddled. Flamewhisker is taking matters into her own paws, it seems, and Nightbird is trying to recruit him, of all cats, to their cause. "Oh. Oh. You want… my support?" His support, for something so serious as a rebellion against their new overlords? Would they shove Skyclaw off his rock, just as he had done to Howlingstar? Would they launch an all-out attack against their oppressors? In such a case, Laughblossom would surely be of no use. Lax claws, and all that… But even if he cannot be a ferocious fighter, perhaps he could help protect Lovelight. If any harm were to come to his tortoiseshell sibling, he would surely blame himself. At the same time, though, he cannot forsake Wrathpaw so quickly. "Well, I would be pleased to lend my aid to the cause. But… what of Wrathpaw?" He asks, because Wrathpaw, not Wrathhowl, is his baby brother, no matter if he’d murdered Howlingstar himself. His expression remains placid, but within hazel eyes there is a hint of uncertainty. He would not spill this secret, this betrayal of Skyclaw’s cause, but he would refuse his support if it meant his brother would be targeted.

• ooc:
  • 48119206_GNnfgzwRa1HHppG.png
  • LAUGHBLOSSOM ❯❯ he/him, warrior of thunderclan
    𓇢 silky-furred chocolate tabby with white spotting and hazel eyes. joyous and loud, but deeply protective of his clan.
    𓇢 brother to lovelight, joywing, wrathpaw, pridepaw, merrypaw
    𓇢 peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    𓇢 penned by foxlore

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ what of wrathpaw? nightbird's ears twitch with words she'd leave welling in her throat. wrathhowl, no matter the promise he had shown as a younger cat, had made his nest. he would not be spared when the moment came. it would be difficult to swallow for his kin, she was sure. the queen held no sympathy. she would show the same restraint he did when shoving howlingstar into the river if given the chance.

"wrathpaw murdered his leader." she states plainly, ire veiled thinly upon a thorned tongue. a cat willing to go to such lengths could not be allowed to stay, should not be allowed to live. but, in this moment, she understood the need for a sway. "i won't lie to you, he will face the consequences as the rest of them. nothing will change that now. if you do not wish to see your brother bleed, convince him to leave before this comes to claws." nightbird doubted the newly named warrior would take such a chance, he was in too deep. and if by some stroke of starclan's luck he did, it was one less traitor they had to cull.
  • ooc ↛
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 35 ☾'s
    a small black smoke molly with a white paw and pale silver eyes. currently a queen residing in the nursery.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking ↛ see battle info here

𓇢𓇢 He had suspected that he would find no sympathy in the dark-furred queen. But still he had dared to hope, to think that just maybe there would be a scrap of softness within Nightbird. If not for his brother, then at least for Laughblossom. In a way, he’d hoped she would lie to him. "Can’t there be… a better punishment? A different one? Must he bleed for what he’s done? He’s only…" He’s only a boy. He’s only an apprentice. He could learn to be better. He knows the truth, thorned as it is, but he can’t help but cling to that hope. It hurts, and it’ll make his own paws bleed, but he won’t let go.

After a moment, he collects himself—he sniffs harshly, drawing himself back to his feet. Attempting to seem casual, unaffected by the lead warrior’s wish to see his brother die. Blinking quickly, Laughblossom tosses his head coolly. "Well. That’s that, then, is it not? I’d rather like to return to my duties now. Can’t very well leave them unfinished, can I?" He laughs, and it’s forced. "I cannot promise my unwavering support. But I can promise that this will remain between us, and I can promise my allegiance even if you hurt him." He heads for the den’s entrance once more, but hesitates, his back still turned to Nightbird. Has he painted a new target upon himself, for not falling at her feet and swearing fealty at any cost? He’d have done it, had consequences not been mentioned.

Before he leaves, Laughblossom can’t help but to wonder whether these cats would truly make Wrathpaw bleed for his crimes. Will they take an eye in exchange for an eye, a life for a life? Will they do the same for each of the cats who’d had a hand in Howlingstar’s fall? He’s being softhearted, a fool, but there is nothing else to be said about it.

• ooc:
  • 48119206_GNnfgzwRa1HHppG.png
  • LAUGHBLOSSOM ❯❯ he/him, warrior of thunderclan
    𓇢 silky-furred chocolate tabby with white spotting and hazel eyes. joyous and loud, but deeply protective of his clan.
    𓇢 brother to lovelight, joywing, wrathpaw, pridepaw, merrypaw
    𓇢 peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    𓇢 penned by foxlore

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ a better punishment, nightbird's ears twitch at the oxymoron. the easiest punishment would be a swift death. if by some luck wrathpaw remained in thunderclan, she doubted he would ever feel it home again. "he has made his choices." she sighs, it was a truth uglier than a festering wound. he was young, probably believed he was doing the right thing. it was a shame intentions could not raise the dead.

a small frown etches onto her face at laughblossom's words. she understood his perspective even if she did not agree. it was a difficult spot to be in, it seemed every decision lately did not come without strife. still, the queen appreciated the support laughblossom did agree to give, his promise of secrecy. "your discretion is appreciated. i'll pass word to flamewhisker." nightbird notes, bidding the warrior goodbye with a slight dip of her head.
  • ooc ↛
  • NIGHTBIRD she/her, lead warrior of thunderclan, 36 ☾'s