can't catch me now - patrol assignments

A dusting of frost covered the ground when Flycatcher stepped out to make his way to the centre of camp. Well, patrols would certainly be interesting if it didn't melt away in a few hours time. As usual, he said a few hellos to the early risers in his clan, and settled in his usual spot in the centre of camp. As he sat down, he curled his tail around his paws, looking forward to the dusk patrol he would be leading as he hoped it would warm him up a bit. "Please gather for today's patrol assignments!" He called out. Flycatcher would wait for cats to gather before pushing ahead.

"Roeflame is leading the dawn patrol to our border with RiverClan and SkyClan. Freckleflame, and Shiningsun you will be assisting her today."

"For the dawn patrol along our border with ShadowClan and WindClan I would like Honeydapple to lead. Honeydapple take Sparkwing and Moonwhisper with you. Due to recent tensions with WindClan, I ask that you all remain on your guard and remain civil. But should they attack without cause...defend yourselves."

"The dusk patrol to our border with RiverClan and SkyClan will be led by Batwing today. Toadhop, Skyclaw I would like you to join him. Berryheart has also requested that he accompany you to look for herbs."

"I will be leading the dusk patrol to ShadowClan and WindClan. Flamewhisker, Mousenose you will be coming with me. As with the dawn patrol, I ask you both to be cautious when we go."

"Howlingstar herself will be leading the hunting patrols today alongside Cloudyfur. As always, I leave it to them to decide which warriors will accompany them."

"Raccoonstripe, would you be open to holding a training session today? I thought it would be good to brush up on our combative moves."

// threads to make
dawn river: @ROEFLAME . @FRECKLEFLAME @SHININGSUN
dawn shadow: @honeydapple @Sparkwing @Moonwhisper
dusk sky: @batwing @TOADHOP @skyclaw + @BERRYHEART / @HAILSTORM.
dusk wind: @Flamewhisker @MOUSENOSE
hunting: @HOWLINGSTAR @Cloudyfur
training: @RACCOONSTRIPE

Last edited:
Hearing the deputies call roused her from conversation and paused her previous activities. Already near the clearing of camp she simply sat s little taller to listen. Nodding along absently as he began to usual spiel of patrols. That is until her ears registered she would be tasked with an early morning trek through two butting clans. Fear dropped in the moggy's throat as she was called upon. Thunderclan had managed to avoid most of the recent pitfalls but to her it was a field of claws waiting. Swallowing hard she nodded dutifully despite the torrent of worry racing up and down her nerves.

Honeydapple considered herself a friendly face but knew her clanmates could get rowdy with ease. Conflict was something she would always struggle to manage but life in the clans had never been a waltz through the hills. Making the potential for disaster a lower threshold to accomplish. Just be stern like Grizz! It'll work out you've got age on your side. Looking up to Flycatcher she gave a nod before meowing. "Understood. We'll stay out of trouble." Her voice struggled to raise itself and came out an awkward half-shout.

Appeased by her mental encouragement and feigned gusto she stood to their paws and signaled towards her patrol mates. Putting on a rare exterior of grimness as she prepared to leave.

Flycatcher’s call for the day’s patrols rings out around camp, and Raccoonstripe abandons the spot he’d used to groom his thick pelt. He listens to the deputy’s instructions with flicking ears. A training session. Well, with no apprentice of his own, he supposes it makes sense he should host a training session for the Clan at large. He dips his head to the gray tabby and swings his dark eyes around. “I’ll be in the Sandy Hollow, for those of you who are itching to practice your fighting skills,” he declares.

, ”

74050413_jPt0SpfsFU54Qvq.png
freckleflame does not lead a patrol today, but that’s alright. flycatcher places her with roeflame, and she is bouncing on her tippy toes as the deputy continues on with his assignments — and then, slowly, the word dawn registers in her thick skull and.. ah. she stops bouncing, but her fur doesn’t seem to get the memo, still bunched upwards in places where the wind had whipped ginger - black into something wild. ugh, ” .. yaaaay. “

• i.
  • Untitled262_20231202152333.png

• 𖦹 . LESBIAN, SINGLE. SMELLS LIKE SUN - WARMED OAK. SIXTEEN MOONS. FRIEND & SISTER TO MANY. NAMED WARRIOR OF THUNDERCLAN ON 8 / 3 / 2023. PENNED BY ANTLERS .. !!!
    f. she / her, daughter of sunfreckle and rabbitnose. large cream - ribboned tortoiseshell with seaglass eyes. larger than life! shades of vibrant russet, dousing swathes of shadow and interwoven with ribbons pale cream come to drape like licks of flame over a thick, broad - shouldered figure.
    74050405_3z3TRmotTItEoMt.png
    unspecified maine coon heritage born of sunfreckle's kittypet background shows itself in large, round paws and tufted, long - furred toes set upon thick, tabby - splotched limbs. a characteristic lack of personal space leads her to a slouching, touchy posture, often inclined to lean or bump against her peers, all while bearing a wide, bright - eyed grin. she seems to sing confidence from every laugh, every word.. that can't all be for show, can it?

——— ˙⋆ — prone to bouts of explosive emotion. all opinions are solely in - character and during these times, often untrue or said only in anger.

At her mate's call, Flamewhisker padded over to join the rest of her clanmates. She listened quietly as he assigned the patrols. Eventually her name was called to be joining him on a dusk patrol. They would be going to Windclan. Her nose twitched in distaste. The Windclan border was almost always eventful in some manner...she could only hope the soot furred leader would not show her face. Though, she always seemed to know when there was a patrol. Hopefully the leader would mind her manners, but Flamewhisker wouldn't hold her breath. She simply nodded, her gaze wondering off to search for Acornpaw. They had plenty of time to kill before dusk, they could get some training in this morning.
  • IMG_1727.png
    FLAMEWHISKER of THUNDERCLAN
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    — Lead Warrior of Thunderclan ; currently mentoring Acornpaw
    — she/her ; mated with Flycatcher
    — mother to Stormfeather & Falconheart
    — 27 moons ; ages on the 20th
    — Smells like dirt, old leaves, tree sap, faint hint of flowers
    — will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    "speech" ; thoughts ; attacks
    — penned by Icey ! ; link to tags
    — link to toyhouse

.i'll be your calm, ———

wha_1_crop.png

——— before the storm!.
———————— ————————
Patrols. It felt like his paws were full, but if they weren't built on structure, they'd fall prey to things like Windclan had- a battle agenda. A snort left him at the thought, vision tilting towards Flycatcher as he started to announce. Vision turned towards Toadhop, then Skyclaw- then further to the two that had been with him on the trip of the Moonstone. Well, really, more like Batwing was with them. He spoke up. "Go ahead and rest up before we go. I'll call you guys just before dusk."

"speech"​

codeimg1.png

I SEE A SONG OF PAST ROMANCE — Ah, it seemed to be that time again where Flycatcher assigned everyone to patrols and Hailstorm finds himself walking forward to hear which one he was potentially in. The border by Riverclan and Skyclan, his tufted eartips twitching in interest hearing that his mentor had requested to join them and he ponders what herbs that they would be searching for in that area especially during the start of leaf-bare. Batwing would be leading the patrol, he cannot help but beam and partically smile at the blue tom with his dark eyes turning to him with a quick nod "Try not to sleep in," He jokes to his friend only to turn away with a bob of his stumpy tail.

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✦✦✦✦✦ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✦✦✦✧✧ INFECTIONS
    ✦✦✧✧✧ ACHES & PAINS
    ✦✦✧✧✧ ILLNESS
    ✦✦✦✧✧ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✦✧✧✧✧ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✧✧✧✧✧ BROKEN BONES
    ✧✧✧✧✧ KITTING
    ✧✧✧✧✧ POISONS
  • dge7u2t-148923d9-4a3f-4c3f-b8e7-4e97c3a4cb2b.png
    longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    50 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    bisexual demiromantic; mates with little wolf
    currently being mentored by berryheart
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    semi-difficult in combat; relies on strength, his large size, and wits
    peaceful powerplay allowed

she was bored, so bored that her ears perked when flycatcher spoke. her steps waddled closer, her too large ears like a satellite to what they were saying. patrols? that sounded fun. and it would be amazing to stretch her legs and explore new things. she had slipped out of the nursery, gaze flicking back in a sneaky fashion.

" I want to come with-" vixenkit whined, pressing herself into the group of adults. "I know I can do it- plus, like, I could definitely chase off fish-breaths." she hoped that calling the riverclans fishbreaths would be enough for them to agree to let her go. and sounding confident that she could chase them off. she was vixenstar after all, right? she drove off a badger! even if the badger was her father.

"I bet Dad would let me. he'd be so excited to see how fast I could be!" even though several times the day before she had fallen on her rear trying to chase around the other kittens. until one managed to collide into her and she grew upset and angry that they would ruin her fur.

make peace with your broken pieces .
︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
The older warrior chuckled at Vixenkit’s enthusiasm, coming to a halt beside his daughter to gently nuzzle her toward the nursery where his mate was, no doubt waiting to warm her up from the cold. “You are far too young, little one.” He rumbled, golden hue crinkling. “Do not let your father catch you saying that, for he is not as forgiving ” He rumbled. Of course, Whitelion was thrilled to see her excitement for the outside world, as daunting as it can be with sudden twists and threats that lurk in the darkness.

“Your curiosity is admirable, but soon, little one, you too, will join me on patrols.” He began with a low rumble, staring down at the other. “Do not fear, my daughter, for time will fly and before you know it, it too, will be your apprentice ceremony.” He finished, leaning down to rasp a tongue over her small helm to smooth the rumpled strands of fur. Time. How peculiar it can be. Only an illusion or the reflection one sees in the undisturbed waters, but it is no less cruel than death, as Spiderlily recalled during his nightly rambles before the other yawned, signaling the two to veer off to sleep in their respective dens.
thought speech

she had really thought that her dad would let her join the patrol and prove to everyone that she was a good thunderclanner. the monochrome kitten pouted a bit, ears folding back as he nudged her to the nursery. "no fair," she whined, blue eyes looking up to him in an almost begging expression. "why would he be upset?"

but as he continued speaking, she grew a bit more excited. going on patrols with him? becoming vixenpaw, and not just vixenkit- who was trapped in camp and unable to prove herself?

but she knew nothing of the outside world, but she knew it held unknown wonders yet to be explored by her steps. "one day I'm gonna be the toughest thunderclanner ever. I'll fight off a hundred badgers, daddy. but.." she shuffled her paws a bit, still looking up at him. " I wanna learn now, what if I can't learn fast enough later?"